ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Vietnam as a UK national

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mik118811
Newly Registered

Moving to Vietnam as a UK national

Post by mik118811 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Hello all, first visit to the site and i'm looking for specific information on a possible move to Vietnam. My wife is Vietnamese and we currently live in the UK, we talk about moving back there but as i have an illness which requires me to take specific medication everyday and have blood tests regularly i don't know how this would work moving to another country. does anyone have experience of moving to a country such as Vietnam where the healthcare system is completely different to the UK or any pointers on where to look on the internet? I have lots of other questions but this is the biggest issue we have on moving. Thanks for any responses in advance :)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Moving to Vietnam as a UK national

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Hello

It's hard to answer really but one of the major things to consider when relocating to a country is if their healthcare system is able to manage any existing condition you may have.

There is no point moving there if it is to see your health degrading.

The best way to answer this is to travel there for a few weeks stay. Something you can do within a visitor visa and see how life is really there. Visit their hospitals / clinics. See how much it would cost if you go private. In some countries, the private system is very effective and doesn't cost that much if you calculate in GBP.

But ultimately, it's you call really.