ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens to Tier 2 dependent visa when main applicant changes to ILR based on 5years work ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:

What happens to Tier 2 dependent visa when main applicant changes to ILR based on 5years work ?

Post by SharmaD16 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Hello Admins,

I have searched this forum to find different questions on ILR and I have found varying answers since I have combination of questions, thought of asking all in one question to get things clear. Hopefully I will get some help here. Thank you in advance.

Background : I have Tier 2 General since 15 March 2015, now I am eligible for ILR on 15 March 2020. My partner came in as Tier 2 Dependent on 01 March 2016 and has current BRP until 15 March 2021.(same as mine)

Question 1a : Should the dependent change visa from tier 2 dependent to ILR dependent when I change to ILR ?
Question 1b : Can the dependent travel outside UK before 15 March 2021 and enter back without any issues ?
Question 1c : Can the dependent switch to ILR on 01 March 2021 (depends on answer to q1a) ?

Question 2a : Apart from following list of documents below, do I need anything else for ILR application ?
  • Passport and BRP
  • Life in UK certificate
  • List of absences from UK
  • Job continuity letter from employer
  • Current salary and payslips of 3 months
  • Proof of address using bills and/or bank statements
Question 2b : Should I include any document related to the dependent during my ILR application ?

Regards

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: What happens to Tier 2 dependent visa when main applicant changes to ILR based on 5years work ?

Post by aby00156 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:36 am

1a) Your dependent will stay on the same visa till her/his visa expiers or till she/he is eligible for ILR.

1b) Yes the dependent can travel outside UK.

1c) Your dependent can apply ILR once she/he completes 5 years as a PBS dependent.

2a) You need a letter from the employer stating your designation, SOC code and salary. You only need 1 month payslip and bank statement (both latest).

You dont need proof of adress. The bank statement is to show that you have received the salary from your employer which is in the payslip.

2b) No you dont need to mention anything about the dependents in your ILR application.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

SharmaD16
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: What happens to Tier 2 dependent visa when main applicant changes to ILR based on 5years work ?

Post by SharmaD16 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 pm

Thank you aby00156 for the detailed answers.