ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I meet 10 Year Criterion?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Charmzz007
Newly Registered
South Africa

SELTS & UKVCAS query

Post by Charmzz007 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm

I have a couple of questions:

1. As part of my ILR I met the Knowledge of english requirements, but now as I'm completing my Citizenship application form I'm confused, do I have to get the SELT (I do have a LITUK Confirmation Certificate)?

2. Where in the process does UKVCAS fit in?

Thank you for your assistance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: SELTS & UKVCAS query

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Charmzz007 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm

1. As part of my ILR I met the Knowledge of english requirements, but now as I'm completing my Citizenship application form I'm confused, do I have to get the SELT (I do have a LITUK Confirmation Certificate)?
You should select the option that states you have met the requirement in a previous application.
UKVCAS are contractors to the Home Office UKVI who receive applications and documents and arrange the biometrics. They are not advisors.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 pm

Charmzz007 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm

just to add that UKVCAS is UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services. The services which include biometrics data/ documents collection and submision are provided by Sopra Steria who are the contractor.

I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Charmzz007
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Charmzz007 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:15 am

Let me rephrase my question.

I am almost to the point of making payment, but I'm still filing out missing information on the application as I'm waiting for my son to write his LITUK exam next Thursday. Once payment is made would I be offered this service via .Gov or should I be making my own appointment with them?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 am

Once you have paid/submitted, you will then be able to book an appointment with UKVCAS, online. There is no need for separate contact.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Charmzz007
Newly Registered
South Africa

ID Proof & Previous Immigration Applications query

Post by Charmzz007 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:08 pm

CURRENT STATUS: ILR issued in 2015 after having been given discretionary leave to remain.

I have two questions I need to clarify:

Question 1: Identity Document
Selectable options on the electronica form are as follows:

*Valid Passport
*Travel Document
*National Identity Card
*None

1.1. My sons passport expired in 23.06.19, how else do I prove his identify, he is only 19? He has the expired passport, do I select Travel Document and submit this expired passport and birth certificate?

1.2. He also has a UK Provisional Driving licence, would this be an acceptable form of ID?

Question 2: Previous Immigration Applications
Under this section the following question - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

We have lived here for 19 years, should I state every single application over the 19 years and not just my ILR application?

As always thank you for your time & assistance, much appreciated!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ID Proof & Previous Immigration Applications query

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Charmzz007 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:08 pm
CURRENT STATUS: ILR issued in 2015 after having been given discretionary leave to remain.

I have two questions I need to clarify:

Question 1: Identity Document
Selectable options on the electronica form are as follows:

*Valid Passport
*Travel Document
*National Identity Card
*None

1.1. My sons passport expired in 23.06.19, how else do I prove his identify, he is only 19? He has the expired passport, do I select Travel Document and submit this expired passport and birth certificate? I believe you need to select "None" and then it will prompt you for further options as to "why" (no current passport?). "Travel Document" is specific to refugees. Certainly you need to submit the expired passport. Not sure about birth certificate - it's not an identity document.

1.2. He also has a UK Provisional Driving licence, would this be an acceptable form of ID? It's not on the list so no.

Question 2: Previous Immigration Applications
Under this section the following question - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

We have lived here for 19 years, should I state every single application over the 19 years and not just my ILR application?
It asks for "any" (=all) so yes - provide the details you have including reference numbers and dates issued (estimated dates will be ok).
As always thank you for your time & assistance, much appreciated!

Charmzz007
Newly Registered
South Africa

Do I meet 10 Year Criterion?

Post by Charmzz007 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Good evening,

15 JULY 08 we were granted discretionary leave to remain until 14 July 2011.

12 July 2011 Solicitor submitted extension for discretionary leave to remain, but neglected to sign cheque for payment! Home Office returned application, resubmitted on 8 August 2011. I stopped working 1 September 2011 as I didn’t want to break any immigration laws. I was in receipt of financial support via solicitor’s insurance until 14 Aug 2012 (I have all documented proof)

14 August 2012 to 14 August 2015 - Discretionary Leave to remain.

10 August 2015 ILR obtained.

Should I wait until August 2021/22 to apply for Naturalisation?

(I was about to submit now!)

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Do I meet 10 Year Criterion?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Can't comment on whether the gap between your DLRs represents breach of immigration rules - what was the advice given by your solicitor and/or HO at the time? Presumably even if solicitor had signed the cheque it would still have taken almost a year! Others need to comment on this aspect.