ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Biometric Card Related

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ersalmehmet
Newly Registered

Uk Biometric Card Related

Post by Ersalmehmet » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:09 pm

I have a question and hope someone can help.

The Nationality code on the UK biometric card does not match country code on the Passport.

Passport Country Code - XCT (Northern Cyprus, Turkish)

Biometric Card - Nationality - XXT

I need to know if the biometric card needs to be returned or if the codes are correct..

Also, If the card does need amending can some please advise what the cost would be.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Uk Biometric Card Related

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Northern Cyprus passport and nationality is not recognised by the UK. XXT may be a UK defined code for your nationality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-3
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ersalmehmet
Newly Registered

Post by Ersalmehmet » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Thank you for your reply.

So do you think it would be safe for me to assume that the card will not need to be returned to uk immigration for amendment?

I am asking as I want to go ahead and apply for naturalization but was rather concerned that I may encounter problems in regards to the codes...

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:21 am

No. It is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice