ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK and English language tests done AFTER naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aude
Newly Registered

Life in the UK and English language tests done AFTER naturalisation application

Post by Aude » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Hello,

I have submitted and paid for the UK naturalization application and had all my uploaded supporting documents checked.
I intended to pass the Life in the UK test as well the English language test AFTER the application as nowhere on the home office page specifies that you have to pass this beforehand.
Now i am panicking as the admin person at the UKVCAS office who was supposed to check my documents had no clue about was is next to me regarding the upload and to link of these x2 tests to my actual application (on which i said "no" when asked if i had the English language, as i intended to pass the test at a later date). She was not even bothered or concerned that was not on the bunch of docs she has checked.

The upload of documents on UKVCAS is still open for me to upload more docs.. But I just fear my application might be rejected because i will have done these tests AFTER i submitted and paid my application.

Can someone help to confirm it is fine to upload these x2 tests at a later date? And if it is ok if the language test still appears as "no" on my official application? As surely they can cross infos on both application and the UKVCAS?

Thank you

Rbgotpwr

Re: Life in the UK and English language tests done AFTER naturalisation application

Post by Rbgotpwr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:06 pm

Aude wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Hello,

I have submitted and paid for the UK naturalization application and had all my uploaded supporting documents checked.
I intended to pass the Life in the UK test as well the English language test AFTER the application as nowhere on the home office page specifies that you have to pass this beforehand.
Now i am panicking as the admin person at the UKVCAS office who was supposed to check my documents had no clue about was is next to me regarding the upload and to link of these x2 tests to my actual application (on which i said "no" when asked if i had the English language, as i intended to pass the test at a later date). She was not even bothered or concerned that was not on the bunch of docs she has checked.

The upload of documents on UKVCAS is still open for me to upload more docs.. But I just fear my application might be rejected because i will have done these tests AFTER i submitted and paid my application.

Can someone help to confirm it is fine to upload these x2 tests at a later date? And if it is ok if the language test still appears as "no" on my official application? As surely they can cross infos on both application and the UKVCAS?

Thank you

Your application will be rejected if those are missing and they are looking to reach a decision of your case.

The chances are they will contact you requesting the said documents and give you a very short timeline to subit them. You should get possession of the documents ASAP.

Rbgotpwr

Re: Life in the UK and English language tests done AFTER naturalisation application

Post by Rbgotpwr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 pm

Rbgotpwr wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:06 pm
Aude wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Hello,

Thank you

Your application will be rejected if those are missing and they are looking to reach a decision of your case.

The chances are they will contact you requesting the said documents and give you a very short timeline to subit them. You should get possession of the documents ASAP.
The UKVAS portal for uploading documents is still open to anyone who applied but is it misleading as the UKVAS agent has sent out your application at the time of your appointment. The Home Office might not have access to any further documents you submit after your appointment. I suggest you get hold of the LIUK test and English test soon, try contact UKVI - if it fails, wait for them to contact you and request them.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 am

The website is quite clear that you have to pass LiTUK test and full-fill the language requirements at the time of application. Your only option is to complete these ASAP and send them to the home office via mail.

As above, the Sopra Steria website remains open but nothing gets send on to the home office after your appointment. Their staff are not immigration advisers and will not tell you which documents to submit, however you should have had a checklist with your application which would have asked for your LiTUK test and proof of language.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:03 am

You might be lucky and home office will contact you to provide your missing certificates
Otherwise your application more likely to be rejected