ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set O instead of Set M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukilrforman
Newly Registered

Set O instead of Set M

Post by ukilrforman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello,

I submitted a SET (O) for ILR for my wife on 16 Jan 2020. Appointment date scheduled for 12 FEB 2020. Paid 3208 gbp incl super priority appointment.

ON 07 Feb 2020, whilst making final checks, i realised that we are expected to submit SET (M). this is because if you were a british citizen (i got it in 2013 and married in 2015) already on the day of your wedding, then the correct form is SET (M) and NOT SET (O).
devastated, i called home office support line: who suggested that i should ....

1) submit a new SET (M) and pay 3208 again.
2) go to my scheduled appointment on 12 feb with a variation request letter and submit my SET (M) along with.
3) request a refund for my incorrect SET (O) payment.

Having seen several posts here stating that this refund is mostly denied, i searched for more options.

I researched on UKVCAS site for cancellations' terms and conditions that state that if one makes a cancellation with more than 48 hours notice, you are eligible for a full refund (minus 10 gbp admin charge).
THe money is returned to the original card in 5 to 10 wokring days (14 in total). This is because you normally should not make another appoitnment for 14 days and if you do (at the discretion of UKVCAS), then the money becomes non refundable in all circumstances.

currently i am waiting for the monies to be returned.

After receipt of this monies, i could fill in a new application SET (M) and proceed...

Hope this helps others who wish to seek refund due to this error....

PS: the error is quite common because the home office site is not exactly clear on this point in their questionnaire and then has a small paragraph mentioning another link for SET (M) !!!

ukilrforman
Newly Registered

Re: How to cancel Set-O Application and get refund

Post by ukilrforman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Update: 24 Feb 2020

There are 2 portions of money paid:

1) HOME OFFICE: a) Application fees (2300 gbp)
b) Super priority fees (800 gbp)

2) UKVCAS: appointment fees/services etc: i paid 0

The above money is paid to the 1) home office and only they can refund it.

i called several times at 0300 123 2214 home office contact us number and finally received an email address where i can send all application information and request a refund :

complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

My situation is the following:

I filled the application, submitted it online and paid 3200 gbp. i then booked the appointment.

However, 5 days before the appointment: while rechecking it: i realised the error : i should have filled SET M.... but i had filled, submitted and paid SET O already.

I then cancelled the appointment. but DID NOT cancel/withdraw the SET O.

finally i learnt today that i can

1) withdraw the SET O (by emailing complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk) and wait for money back and then make another SET M
2) make a new SET M now, pay for it (2nd time) and attend appointment and write on the cover letter to vary my SET O and refund it.

In both cases the fees should be refunded accordingly the following rules link

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

I chose option 1.

Waiting for refund.

ukilrforman wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:46 pm
Hello,

I submitted a SET (O) for ILR for my wife on 16 Jan 2020. Appointment date scheduled for 12 FEB 2020. Paid 3208 gbp incl super priority appointment.

ON 07 Feb 2020, whilst making final checks, i realised that we are expected to submit SET (M). this is because if you were a british citizen (i got it in 2013 and married in 2015) already on the day of your wedding, then the correct form is SET (M) and NOT SET (O).
devastated, i called home office support line: who suggested that i should ....

1) submit a new SET (M) and pay 3208 again.
2) go to my scheduled appointment on 12 feb with a variation request letter and submit my SET (M) along with.
3) request a refund for my incorrect SET (O) payment.

Having seen several posts here stating that this refund is mostly denied, i searched for more options.

I researched on UKVCAS site for cancellations' terms and conditions that state that if one makes a cancellation with more than 48 hours notice, you are eligible for a full refund (minus 10 gbp admin charge).
THe money is returned to the original card in 5 to 10 wokring days (14 in total). This is because you normally should not make another appoitnment for 14 days and if you do (at the discretion of UKVCAS), then the money becomes non refundable in all circumstances.

currently i am waiting for the monies to be returned.

After receipt of this monies, i could fill in a new application SET (M) and proceed...

Hope this helps others who wish to seek refund due to this error....

PS: the error is quite common because the home office site is not exactly clear on this point in their questionnaire and then has a small paragraph mentioning another link for SET (M) !!!