ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council tax reduction

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Divine777
Newly Registered
Mood:

Council tax reduction

Post by Divine777 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi, my husband is British and I, on the other hand, am on a no recourse to public funds visa and we have one young baby. He was claiming universal credit and also applied for council tax reduction. The council tax was reduced to zero and now has gone up to £120/month since he is now working. My question is, by getting council tax reduction (council tax is in both out names, we have joint mortgage) does that mean I have also been having access to public funds? And if yes, how can we reverse this as this will affect my visa application for indefinite leave to remain next year?
You advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Council tax reduction

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:51 am

On what basis were you granted leave? Family/private life or the standard rules?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.