ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension for wife under PBS Tier 1 dependent

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kutren
Newly Registered

Extension for wife under PBS Tier 1 dependent

Post by kutren » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi All

Please advise..

I was on tier 1 Ent visa and my wife was on my dependent visa. Now I have received my ILR but my wife hasn't complete 5 years as tier 1 PBS dependent and her visa is expiring on 06.03.2020. she will complete 5 years on 06.05.2020.
1. Now do I have to apply for FLR or again extension of her visa to cover these 3 months gap?
2. which form should I fill?
3. Any health surcharge ?

Kind Regards

marcnath

Re: Extension for wife under PBS Tier 1 dependent

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:20 pm

kutren wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:07 pm
Hi All

Please advise..

I was on tier 1 Ent visa and my wife was on my dependent visa. Now I have received my ILR but my wife hasn't complete 5 years as tier 1 PBS dependent and her visa is expiring on 06.03.2020. she will complete 5 years on 06.05.2020.
1. Now do I have to apply for FLR or again extension of her visa to cover these 3 months gap?
2. which form should I fill?
3. Any health surcharge ?

Kind Regards
1. Extension of her PBS dependant visa. If you apply for FLR, her clock gets reset !!
2. PBS Dependant visa
3. Yes - for three years, which is what the visa will be granted for.

Given that she will qualify to apply for ILR around 8th April, you can apply as close as possible to the visa expiry date, take as much time as possible for the biometrics and hope that the extension is not granted before 8th April. As soon as she qualifies (28 days before 6/5), submit an application to vary the extension to ILR. You will at least save the second application fee.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.