ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements to apply for Uk visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Matipa2020
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Bank statements to apply for Uk visa

Post by Matipa2020 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:37 am

Please help me any one .how can I open an international online bank account from Zimbabwe .My sister has kindly offered to give me the funds to show that I meet the student criteria.but it’s risky to put the monies in Zimbabwean banks.Please assist with names of the banks you have used.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Bank statements to apply for Uk visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:54 am

Simple answer: you can't.

In this day and age, all serious banks want to see the client face to face in order to open a current account.

There are some complicated ways to open a business account abroad but the fees are higher than what you would pay for your studies.

To put it simply, no, you can't open an "international account" from your home country. Actually scams are frequent if you search online. You may find something just for you to lose your money forever.

What's the problem with the banks in your country?

Matipa2020
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Bank statements to apply for Uk visa

Post by Matipa2020 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:07 am

Thank you for your response.The problem with Zimbabwe banks is that there is no forex in the country.Once I send the money to my sisters account , there is uncertainty .At one time the government dissolved all forex accounts.so Iam scared.