ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

onceblue

Re: timelines

Post by onceblue » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:00 pm

svvj wrote:Hi All,
I have been a silent member of this forum.I would like to share the good news that my Tier-1 has been approved and i have received my docs back today.
My timelines are as given

Applied on - 21 June 08
Received at HO - 24 June 08
Payment deducted - 24 June 08
Visa stamped on - 13 Aug
Received docs back - 15 Aug.

***I did request for urgent treatment on 22 July 08. Not sure whether that had any significance as everytime later when i tried ringing,I got the same standard reply "under consideration". Well later on I had to take a harsh decision to go ahead and withdraw my application.I know it was a tough one but then I was left with no other option. I have to travel next week to India due to an unavoidable family cause..
So I send a fax again on 11 Aug requesting them if they could consider my application urgently ,or in the worst case that I would be happy to withdraw..Probably that is why I got it so soon.

I sincerely thank all those who have contributed their views to help one another achieve this.My hearty wishes to those who are awaiting results...
Hi svvj, could you post your approve date if do not mind. And congratulation to you!

MeeMee

Post by MeeMee » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi can u tell us the date it was approved, before stamping, trying to know the difference of the time scale

svvj wrote:Hi All,
I have been a silent member of this forum.I would like to share the good news that my Tier-1 has been approved and i have received my docs back today.
My timelines are as given

Applied on - 21 June 08
Received at HO - 24 June 08
Payment deducted - 24 June 08
Visa stamped on - 13 Aug
Received docs back - 15 Aug.

***I did request for urgent treatment on 22 July 08. Not sure whether that had any significance as everytime later when i tried ringing,I got the same standard reply "under consideration". Well later on I had to take a harsh decision to go ahead and withdraw my application.I know it was a tough one but then I was left with no other option. I have to travel next week to India due to an unavoidable family cause..
So I send a fax again on 11 Aug requesting them if they could consider my application urgently ,or in the worst case that I would be happy to withdraw..Probably that is why I got it so soon.

I sincerely thank all those who have contributed their views to help one another achieve this.My hearty wishes to those who are awaiting results...

svvj
Newly Registered

Post by svvj » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi,
Sorry I missed out to mention that.My approval date is also the 13th Aug 08.

onceblue

Post by onceblue » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:58 pm

thx svvj
:D

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi Meemee,

Could you plz tell us how did you manage to get refrence number before they even took the money from your account. Thats the first time i v seen this. they are very particular about money...............
MeeMee wrote:Hi can u tell us the date it was approved, before stamping, trying to know the difference of the time scale

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Guys, Good evening to everyone!

Question might sound silly but i wanted to clarify it anyways.

Does anyone have any idea about how HO process the cases? Do they process them in the order of, the date on the reference letter (which is normally the date when they recieved the payment) or the date they recieved the case.

Please Clarify!!

Regards :?

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi,

After a long wait, I got my docs back today. My timelines were

Application Sent - 17th June
Reference Letter date - 18th June
Payment Deducted - 18th June
Approval Date - 1st August
Documents Received - 15th August..

I am greatly relieved. All the best to those who are waiting. Thanks to this forum which helped keep my anxiety levels at bay.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:15 pm

Congrats mbasaaga!

Did you apply for any urgent treatment? what category did you switch from or was it an extension case??

mbasaaga wrote:Hi,

I am greatly relieved. All the best to those who are waiting. Thanks to this forum which helped keep my anxiety levels at bay.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:23 pm

I am alomost 99% sure that its the date when the payment gets cleared because i was just going through some posts on trackitt.com and this forum and found out that most of the people who are getting the passports back this week have the similar Payment deduction dates but different application recieved dates.

Just a thaught............... :idea:
grant1 wrote:Thanks for your input. I think wht you are saying might be right but the thing here is wht if someone pays by chq, then there will be a weeks difference between the date on which payment is recieved by HO and the date on which the application was recieved.

I think they consider the date on which the payment ws cleared as a main processing date. That was actually told to me by the CCE last month when i asked them.

rakson wrote:Generally the date of application is the date they(HO) received the application and this would normally also be the day payment was deducted. If you have used credit card date of deduction might show 2 working days later on the statement. But the date of application will still be the one when HO received the documents.

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:07 am

grant1 wrote:I am alomost 99% sure that its the date when the payment gets cleared because i was just going through some posts on trackitt.com and this forum and found out that most of the people who are getting the passports back this week have the similar Payment deduction dates but different application recieved dates.

Just a thaught............... :idea:
good observation.... but i hope we are in the same batch around 18th...where is ours.... :x
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

tayyabafzal
Newly Registered

Total 13 PaySlips for 12 months ..... will it be a problem?

Post by tayyabafzal » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:14 am

Hi All,

Currently I am working on my case and I need to claim 15 points for my salary to make the total 75. Means I have to show that my total salary was => 20,000.

I worked exactly 12 months and by the end of 13th month I got my holiday/overtime pay which I have earned over this period of 12 months.

My gross pay was 1647GBP/Month which makes it 1647*12= 19,760 GBP.

Including my holiday/overtime pay which I received one month after leaving job was 800 GBP

So total 19,760 + 800 =20,560 GBP

Will you think HO will consider my last 800 GBPs as my 13th month salary?.... in fact I just worked for 12 months n the 13th month salary was just adjustments and holiday pay?.

I have total 13 pay slips which gross total makes 20,560 GBPs. (means 15 points)

Thanks

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:27 am

Thanks Grant1, I applied for urgent treatment on the basis of an offer letter that I had to reply within 10 days on 31st July and the caseworker picked up my file the next day. I switched from Student>Tier 1.
grant1 wrote:Congrats mbasaaga!

Did you apply for any urgent treatment? what category did you switch from or was it an extension case??

mbasaaga wrote:Hi,

jamalia
Newly Registered

CRIMINAL RECORD

Post by jamalia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 am

HI guys as the application says you have to include the traffic offences as well , as i have got 12 points on my driving licence, i have included it in the deails section ,

i have also included a covering letter saying these offences were done becuase of confusion and misunderstading of the uk traffic laws for international diriving licence holder which indeed was the case .

I am just worried will that can create problems , otherwise i have 100 total points and all the sufficient things necessary i have applied on 5th aug and got the reference letter and fees deducted .

CAn any one please put some light on this

THanks

laskk

Post by laskk » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Guys,

Pcmalik, engi_guy, veereshkb were any of you guys here any thing yet?

As ma frnz still haven't got thr documents back as i said earlier they applied on 29may n fees was deducted on the next following day and ref. letter as well (i.e 30 may).

They finshed their 11 weeks n from next week they r on 12 i.e they r nearly to finish thr 3 months.

I donno know what Tier 1 team is upto? If they are taking too much time then what is the use of keeping the passport with them. applicant need to have ther passport with them, they can't give thr passport 4 such a lonnnnnnnnng time.

Any how guys best of luck with urs applic.

regards,
laskk

MeeMee wrote:engi_guy applied- 15th May

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05th June

veereshkb Applied 09th June

JP-2
Newly Registered

list updated

Post by JP-2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:41 am

engi_guy applied- 15th May

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05th June

xvid2006 Applied 10th June

sandeepahlawat2001 Applied 12th june

arunkumarprs Applied 14th June

Grant1 15th june

Meemee Applied: 18 June (Urgent treatment fax 14/08/2008)

dominiprabhu Applied: 18th June

banner Applied 19th June Still awaiting

Darksun Applied 20th June

bgmdude Applied 26th June

Thambi Applied 1st July - Ref no - PB310****

JP-2 Applied 7th July

Vipul friend applied 6th August 2008

JP-2
Newly Registered

Post by JP-2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:00 am

the ukba website is confusing, it says the current status as:

"Straightforward applications (including tier 1) received between 25 July 2008 and 29 July 2008. Other applications received between 1 July 2008 and 4 July 2008."

when I called up, they said "Straightforward applications" means WP only.

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:14 am

Hi Laskk,

I am still waiting. I had called HO on Fri - 15th Aug abt my status...they said it is still under consideration. It is really pathetic.
laskk wrote:Hi Guys,

Pcmalik, engi_guy, veereshkb were any of you guys here any thing yet?

As ma frnz still haven't got thr documents back as i said earlier they applied on 29may n fees was deducted on the next following day and ref. letter as well (i.e 30 may).

They finshed their 11 weeks n from next week they r on 12 i.e they r nearly to finish thr 3 months.

I donno know what Tier 1 team is upto? If they are taking too much time then what is the use of keeping the passport with them. applicant need to have ther passport with them, they can't give thr passport 4 such a lonnnnnnnnng time.

Any how guys best of luck with urs applic.

regards,
laskk

MeeMee wrote:engi_guy applied- 15th May

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05th June

Tier1_Queries

I am the latest to Join the list..

Post by Tier1_Queries » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 am

I applied very recently on 11th August and I understand i am the latest to join your list, but count me in too.

Going by the recent posts, members are getting their documents back by atleast 7 to 8 weeks on an average. while some get bit earlier or bit later.
and for some its worst which takes them through 12 weeks.

Here goes the updated list:

engi_guy applied- 15th May

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05th June

xvid2006 Applied 10th June

sandeepahlawat2001 Applied 12th june

arunkumarprs Applied 14th June

Grant1 15th june

Meemee Applied: 18 June (Urgent treatment fax 14/08/2008)

dominiprabhu Applied: 18th June

banner Applied 19th June Still awaiting

Darksun Applied 20th June

bgmdude Applied 26th June

Thambi Applied 1st July - Ref no - PB310****

JP-2 Applied 7th July

Vipul friend applied 6th August 2008

Tier1_Queries Applied 11th August 2008

hsmp.india
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp.india » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:26 am

can anyone tell me if i am sending urgent treatment i have to fill any form.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 am

no, you just have to write to them. call HO and they will explain you wht do do and how?
hsmp.india wrote:can anyone tell me if i am sending urgent treatment i have to fill any form.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 am

any updates guys?

xvid2006
Newly Registered

Post by xvid2006 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:52 am

Was just able to talk to some nice lady who actually took an effort to look into the system.

She said that they did receive additional evidences last week and case worker is yet to make any decision.

On my urgent treatment request which i faxed on 13th, there was no log of it and she suggested to fax again. :(

Pathetic system! :oops:

I complete exactly 10 weeks tomorrow as applied on 10th June.

hsmp.india
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp.india » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:29 am

I just spoke to ho they inform me i just have to wright down reson in letter and relavent document so u r right thanks for u r advise.But from last 3 weeks they r answering me same thing file is with case worker.

grant1 wrote:no, you just have to write to them. call HO and they will explain you wht do do and how?
hsmp.india wrote:can anyone tell me if i am sending urgent treatment i have to fill any form.

hsmp.india
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp.india » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:31 am

One of my friend got is document back he appy on 5 th june when he called HO on 14 th they inform him file is with case worker and on 15 th aug he got his document back with visa stamp on it.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 am

That has happend a lot of times. I think its not actually the fault of CC, it just seems to be the case that they are not getting updated regularly. It just seems that there system gets updated at random.

Regards !!

hsmp.india wrote:One of my friend got is document back he appy on 5 th june when he called HO on 14 th they inform him file is with case worker and on 15 th aug he got his document back with visa stamp on it.