ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police certificate with initial application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Patchwork
Newly Registered

Police certificate with initial application?

Post by Patchwork » Wed May 20, 2020 6:33 pm

I lived in the UK prior to moving to Ireland five years ago. It appears from this board that everybody in this situation is being requested to submit a police clearance certificate from the country they lived in previously after making a citizenship by naturalisation initial application. Would it therefore be sensible to apply for this beforehand and submit it with my initial application to save time and make everything more efficient, or is it better to wait for them to ask for it?

denisaric
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Re: Police certificate with initial application?

Post by denisaric » Wed May 20, 2020 7:43 pm

yes, i will submit it together with the application. they will ask you for it anyways. so just time saver :lol:

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:33 pm

Patchwork wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:33 pm
I lived in the UK prior to moving to Ireland five years ago. It appears from this board that everybody in this situation is being requested to submit a police clearance certificate from the country they lived in previously after making a citizenship by naturalisation initial application. Would it therefore be sensible to apply for this beforehand and submit it with my initial application to save time and make everything more efficient, or is it better to wait for them to ask for it?
when i applied for naturalisation, no one requested police certificate from me, though there are number of applicants who were requested.
From my point of view it depends who takes your case

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 pm

I wasn’t asked for one. Nor were my two colleagues (one Brazilian, one British) asked for it. I guess it is either random or they have some sort of algorithm.

Patchwork
Newly Registered

Post by Patchwork » Thu May 21, 2020 7:10 am

Hmm okay, I wonder what makes the difference then? Would love to know how the algorithms and decision-making processes work! Thanks everyone.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 am

Maybe the years that we spent in Ireland matters. I had been living in Ireland for 9 years before I made my application. Same for my two colleagues who had been here for more than 10 years. I guess they are less concerned as to what we did before that long time.

loyozlr
Newly Registered
China

Post by loyozlr » Thu May 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Just look at what has been posted by Japan Embassy, they do require documents for application to issue a Police Certification.
If this is not mandatory for naturalization application and when they do ask for this, they will allow only 28 days.
Not sure if there is anything official can be shown to the Embassy that this is a reasonable request.

Application
The following documents are required for the application:

Valid passport
Application form (provided by the Consular Section)
Fingerprints form (provided by the Consular Section)
Documents to support your reason for applying, which must clearly state why you require a Police Certificate (e.g. a letter from the organisation where you will be employed, written regulation of the organisation or authority)