ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

repeatcell
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by repeatcell » Thu May 21, 2020 4:41 pm

repeatcell wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:38 pm
I have my appointment re-scheduled from 2nd April to 14th May - there will, of course, be a backlog in processing applications and everything will take longer due to Covid-19 in the coming months.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything regarding the following: since all the documents are uploaded in advance anyways on UKVCAS website, does any know why the Home Office cannot start processing them before the appointment at UKVCAS?

I haven't yet uploaded my documents yet - would it make sense to upload them now and would that help to make the process quicker? Any thoughts, please?
I'm glad HO has taken some initiative to start the process and start asking documents by email - hopefully, it will be a lot quicker now when the UKVCAS appointments open again.

spikky

Post by spikky » Fri May 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:41 pm
The UKVI caseworkers are probably making decisions on the applications (pending biometrics) as they are asking for the evidence via email now. This means the backlog can be cleared very quickly when the biometrics centres are opened again. I suggest everyone to apply online as normal and supply evidence when asked via email. Your application decision will arrive probably very fast after biometrics.
Sending documents over email is not the most convenient.

My yahoo email allows only 25MB attachments per email and although I've merged related files into a single PDF, arranged in folders and zipped, I have to ascertain how much the overall file size of the attachment will be (pretty sure it won't fit in a single email message) , which is why I asked the Conjunct team over email the following questions:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Can the documents be sent as attachments in more than 1 email?
2. Will I receive any email acknowledgment of document receipt sent via email?
3. If the service centres open should I attend my appointment as scheduled and will I be asked to resubmit documents during that stage?

Please can you advise the correct course of action as I received another email from another team after your email mentioning section 3C and that no action was necessary at this time and it's a bit confusing on the right course of action.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, the UKVCAS website update about phased commencing of operations and the email request from contingency team is confusing, not clear what course of action to follow.

I sent the above email with my queries 2 days ago and still haven't received a reply from the contingency team.

I'd be anxious of sending my documents over email and not getting any acknowledgement (as per my question 2 above).

Spikky.

amrotab123
Newly Registered

Post by amrotab123 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm

spikky wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:58 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:41 pm
The UKVI caseworkers are probably making decisions on the applications (pending biometrics) as they are asking for the evidence via email now. This means the backlog can be cleared very quickly when the biometrics centres are opened again. I suggest everyone to apply online as normal and supply evidence when asked via email. Your application decision will arrive probably very fast after biometrics.
Sending documents over email is not the most convenient.

My yahoo email allows only 25MB attachments per email and although I've merged related files into a single PDF, arranged in folders and zipped, I have to ascertain how much the overall file size of the attachment will be (pretty sure it won't fit in a single email message) , which is why I asked the Conjunct team over email the following questions:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Can the documents be sent as attachments in more than 1 email?
2. Will I receive any email acknowledgment of document receipt sent via email?
3. If the service centres open should I attend my appointment as scheduled and will I be asked to resubmit documents during that stage?

Please can you advise the correct course of action as I received another email from another team after your email mentioning section 3C and that no action was necessary at this time and it's a bit confusing on the right course of action.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, the UKVCAS website update about phased commencing of operations and the email request from contingency team is confusing, not clear what course of action to follow.

I sent the above email with my queries 2 days ago and still haven't received a reply from the contingency team.

I'd be anxious of sending my documents over email and not getting any acknowledgement (as per my question 2 above).

Spikky.
Hey,
I sent the documents and followed up with an email asking for acknowledgement due to the size. I received a reply saying that they received my documents. I think you can send more than one email, make sure to quote your application reference number and of course you will have to attend your appointment and resubmit the documents once centres reopen.

spikky

Post by spikky » Fri May 22, 2020 3:30 pm

OK that's good to know. Will send them over this weekend then.

Thanks.

Spikky.

mkhan83
Ireland

Post by mkhan83 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi spikky
I managed to sent 16 files by using yahoo mail in one single email. Every file was less than 6mb. Also total file size (of 16 files) was less than 25mb
I hope you can manage as well

Wtaribo
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Wtaribo » Sat May 23, 2020 9:29 am

Really stressful times.My current leave expires on 22/09.my liuk test has again been rescheduled to the 18th of july.

spikky

Post by spikky » Tue May 26, 2020 3:25 pm

mkhan83 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 pm
Hi spikky
I managed to sent 16 files by using yahoo mail in one single email. Every file was less than 6mb. Also total file size (of 16 files) was less than 25mb
I hope you can manage as well
Did you get any acknowledgement for your email submission?

Lady888
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Lady888 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Looks like some good news finally - phased reopening will start on June 1st. Really hope they won't go silent again (I didn't manage to book appointment earlier so won't be able to book now).

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

YM1900

Post by YM1900 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Chances are it will take them months to clean up the existing backlog operating at reduced capacity.
It would've been a lot easier to just use the existing data to re-issue BRPs for in-country applications. From what I know fingerprints aren't changing that often throughout lifetime.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 26, 2020 5:44 pm

YM1900 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 pm
Chances are it will take them months to clean up the existing backlog operating at reduced capacity.
It would've been a lot easier to just use the existing data to re-issue BRPs for in-country applications. From what I know fingerprints aren't changing that often throughout lifetime.
Biometrics is required for two main reasons: One to validate the person's identity and also to get the most recent picture of you as your appearance changes over time
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Has any one got an email from UKVCAS confirming their appointment or rebooking.
Mine is in London croydon on 24/6 but have not received any email confirmation yet!!
Any updates from others plz
Mine is in croydon

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Tue May 26, 2020 10:54 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:50 pm
Mine is in London croydon on 24/6 but have not received any email confirmation yet!!
Mine is in croydon
I received an email today for rebooking an appointment, booked it in Croydon for 6th June but no email confirmation yet.

spikky

Post by spikky » Wed May 27, 2020 12:49 am

repeatcell wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:54 pm
underfire222 wrote:
Mine is in croydon
I received an email today for rebooking an appointment, booked it in Croydon for 6th June but no email confirmation yet.
I received it too but I am getting an error when trying to book an appointment. Tried on my laptop as well as phone and error.

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by t2momodu » Wed May 27, 2020 1:06 am

underfire222 wrote:
Mine is in croydon
My 4th rescheduled appointment for 15.06.2020 for Croydon seems to have disappeared from the online system, as I've just logged in and cannot see my appointments! Also havent received any recent email.

spikky

Post by spikky » Wed May 27, 2020 1:15 am

t2momodu wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:06 am
underfire222 wrote:
Mine is in croydon
My 4th rescheduled appointment for 15.06.2020 for Croydon seems to have disappeared from the online system, as I've just logged in and cannot see my appointments! Also havent received any recent email.
The website's appointment booking system seems unstable ull of errors and doesn't let me book at all. I've registered a complaint via Help and Support section on the website. Suggest everyone do so, so they may fix it sooner.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:35 am

t2momodu wrote:
underfire222 wrote:
Mine is in croydon
Same thing!! just checked this morning my 4th scheduled appointment for 24/6 just disappeared this morning. I tried to book an new one all the appointments for all centres are unavailable completely!!!

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 am

underfire222 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:35 am
t2momodu wrote:
underfire222 wrote:
Mine is in croydon
Same thing!! just checked this morning my 4th scheduled appointment for 24/6 just disappeared this morning. I tried to book an new one all the appointments for all centres are unavailable completely!!!
My previously scheduled appointment for 18th June also disappeared. But, I recieved an email yesterday evening asking that I have been identified as a customer to be given access to the booking system in the first phase of reopening. When I logged into the booking system, all dates were available for booking. I booked for the first Saturday 6th June and I have now received booking confirmation.

singma33

Post by singma33 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 am

Which email address do you receive it from?

I had my appointment rescheduled to 16th June and it seems to have disappeared as well. I called UKVCAS and they said as long as you didn't cancel the appointment it shouldn't have disappeared, they said they will look into it and get back to me.. But I also have not received any email with instructions to rebook, all the bookings I see are unavailable.

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Wed May 27, 2020 8:59 am

How more incompetent can they be?
My 4th appointment for mid-June disappeared, too.
Sent an email, asking what the heck

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 am

singma33 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 am
Which email address do you receive it from?

I had my appointment rescheduled to 16th June and it seems to have disappeared as well. I called UKVCAS and they said as long as you didn't cancel the appointment it shouldn't have disappeared, they said they will look into it and get back to me.. But I also have not received any email with instructions to rebook, all the bookings I see are unavailable.
Here is the email address: FES Appointments <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk>

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Wed May 27, 2020 9:15 am

repeatcell wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 am
My previously scheduled appointment for 18th June also disappeared. But, I recieved an email yesterday evening asking that I have been identified as a customer to be given access to the booking system in the first phase of reopening. When I logged into the booking system, all dates were available for booking. I booked for the first Saturday 6th June and I have now received booking confirmation.
When was your initial appointment before the lockdown? Are you a super-priority customer?

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Wed May 27, 2020 9:29 am

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:15 am
repeatcell wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 am
When was your initial appointment before the lockdown? Are you a super-priority customer?
It was 2nd April before the lockdown. When was yours'?
I applied as a standard customer.

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Wed May 27, 2020 10:09 am

repeatcell wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:29 am
It was 2nd April before the lockdown. When was yours'?
I applied as a standard customer.
It was late March, right when the lockdown started. If it was couple hourse earlier, I could've made it!

I applied as super-priority, unfortunately.

Thaleia
Newly Registered

Post by Thaleia » Wed May 27, 2020 11:54 am

This has been a stressful few months for me. I submitted my ILR on the 8th of March!!
My biometric appointment was rescheduled 4 times until 8th July!
Now this has disappeared from my account, I have not received an email to rebook, I can’t rebook an appointment because it’s all full, what is going on?? :cry:

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Wed May 27, 2020 12:06 pm

Thaleia wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:54 am
This has been a stressful few months for me. I submitted my ILR on the 8th of March!!
My biometric appointment was rescheduled 4 times until 8th July!
Now this has disappeared from my account, I have not received an email to rebook, I can’t rebook an appointment because it’s all full, what is going on?? :cry:
When I rebooked my appointment last night, all bookings starting second of June were available. It seems appointments will be opened very soon for everyone. The email I received mentioned that I have been invited to rebook in their first phase of reopening.