ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application form help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apar05
Newly Registered

MN1 application form help

Post by apar05 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Hello,

I am an Indian national currently in ILR (via 5 yr Tier 2) (BRP dt 9/3/2020). Wife is on PBS dependant visa. My daughter was born on 24/2/2020 (before my ILR). So I believe I have to register her as a British citizen via MN1 form section 1(3) before applying for British passport.

Need some help in filling the online application form.

1) Country of Nationality: Do I use 'India' or 'officially stateless'. I have read somewhere in the forum that child born to Indian parents abroad doesn't have Indian citizenship. Also in this third party weblink removed by moderator

Currently I only have UK birth certificate as ID document for my daughter.

2) Valid National identity card? - Can I use the UK birth certificate as ID document. If yes, can I answer 'yes' in this section?

3) Travel document - There is none at the moment. In the comment box I have mentioned "once registered as British citizen, I will apply for British Passport which will be my travel document". Is this okay?

4) Referee - If the midwife/heath visitor doesn't agree to be referees, could I ask my colleagues who are working at University (not teaching), but professional services (Managers etc.) to be a referee?

Thanks

Greekone
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: MN1 application form help

Post by Greekone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi, did you had any luck with the questions you made. I am in the same situation so any help on what you did would be really appreciated.

Thank you