ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

eke123
Nigeria

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by eke123 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 pm

murmurka wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:27 pm
Application: 16 Jan 2020
Biometrics: 20 Jan 2020
CoA: 5 Mar 2020
Contacted MP: 15 May 2020
Home Office replied to MP: 3 Jun 2020 (general reply stating they cannot provide timeframes for the decision etc)
Outcome: 4 Jun 2020

Called resolution centre on numerous occasions, spoke with the supervisor 3 or 4 times
So you got your decision today?
And what did the supervisors you spoke to tell you.
Pardon me I'm curious to know cos I'm still waiting
Thanks

jossywilliams
Newly Registered

Post by jossywilliams » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:49 pm

Congratulations! Do you think MP letter does really change anything?

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:06 am

jossywilliams wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:49 pm
Congratulations! Do you think MP letter does really change anything?
It makes the Home Office at least to find and open your application, I believe :D
Mine was pretty much straightforward

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:08 am

eke123 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 pm
murmurka wrote:
Home Office replied to MP: 3 Jun 2020 (general reply stating they cannot provide timeframes for the decision etc)

Called resolution centre on numerous occasions, spoke with the supervisor 3 or 4 times
So you got your decision today?
And what did the supervisors you spoke to tell you.
Pardon me I'm curious to know cos I'm still waiting
Thanks
Well, general replies all the time. However, I called many times and spoke with the same supervisor all the time, she probably got sick of me in the end :D

mellina
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by mellina » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi there,

congrats to your status!
Have you just called the EU settlement resolution centre and asked to speak to some supervisor?
Considering doing the same thing :)

Thanks!

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Can someone apply for a provisional licence with just Non EU passport and COA?

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:52 am

Hi optimisticnow,
Recently I received from DVLA the completion form to apply for my provisional driving licence, so i'm planning to send my documents on Monday, because after doing a research on their website, it says if you are non eu citizen you have to prove your permission to live in UK, for close family member of eu citizen as spouse no need for physical residency document because we have the right to live in the UK until the 30th of June 2021 without residence card but on the same website it says if you are an extended family member of eu citizen as brother or sister you need a physical residency document to apply.
Also I found out not on the same website that if you're waiting for a decision you don't have the right to apply, but this is a general condition I think.
In my case as i'm non eu spouse of eu citizen I have permission to live in the UK until the 30th of June 2021, so I will send my documents and a letter explaining my rights just to make it clear for the guy who will treat my file.
Good luck

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:18 am

Boo47 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:52 am
Hi optimisticnow,
Recently I received from DVLA the completion form to apply for my provisional driving licence, so i'm planning to send my documents on Monday, because after doing a research on their website, it says if you are non eu citizen you have to prove your permission to live in UK, for close family member of eu citizen as spouse no need for physical residency document because we have the right to live in the UK until the 30th of June 2021 without residence card but on the same website it says if you are an extended family member of eu citizen as brother or sister you need a physical residency document to apply.
Also I found out not on the same website that if you're waiting for a decision you don't have the right to apply, but this is a general condition I think.
In my case as i'm non eu spouse of eu citizen I have permission to live in the UK until the 30th of June 2021, so I will send my documents and a letter explaining my rights just to make it clear for the guy who will treat my file.
Good luck
Correct but not a good time to apply. As i sent my documents 2 months ago and dvla is not sure where my original documents are. I had applied for nhs job so thinking i will be a critical worker I applied for dvla. And dvla is unable to locate my documents. And i cant further process for the job as i dont have my id with me and my euss case is stuck for more than 6 months. God knows whats next. Also need advice if i should report to police coz m not sure if my documents are lost

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:02 am

Hi alijee 786,
Recently I went on online chat with DVLA the lady said you don't need someone else to verify my identity ( to sign my picture and form) if I send an original photo ID card.
Can you please explain which documents did you send with your application? Because i'm confused about sending my COA, I'm thinking maybe the guy who will treat my file will consider I don't have the right as i'm still waiting for my residency decision, that's why I want to send:
1/ my EEA residence card 2004/38 ( also known article 10 residence card not issued in the uk).
2/ my marriage certificate ( to show i'm married to eu citizen).
3/ a copy of my partner europeen ID
4/ a cover letter to explain that I have permission to live in the UK until the 30th of June 2021 as i'm a close family member of eu citizen.
So please can you give me your opinion.
Thank you

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:35 am

Boo47 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:02 am
Hi alijee 786,
Recently I went on online chat with DVLA the lady said you don't need someone else to verify my identity ( to sign my picture and form) if I send an original photo ID card.
Can you please explain which documents did you send with your application? Because i'm confused about sending my COA, I'm thinking maybe the guy who will treat my file will consider I don't have the right as i'm still waiting for my residency decision, that's why I want to send:
1/ my EEA residence card 2004/38 ( also known article 10 residence card not issued in the uk).
2/ my marriage certificate ( to show i'm married to eu citizen).
3/ a copy of my partner europeen ID
4/ a cover letter to explain that I have permission to live in the UK until the 30th of June 2021 as i'm a close family member of eu citizen.
So please can you give me your opinion.
Thank you
I did get my picture and form signed. I sent my coa passport and my marriage certificate.
I guess you just need to send your id documents and proof that your allowed stay is more than 6 months. It is mentioned on the leaflet that if you are waiting for decision from HO we will not consider your application. But reason for me applying was i had lost my license while travelling. And when I applied online they asked me to send my id documents. As i had applied for the nhs job I thought process for me could be fast. But i am stuck without job and without any id document.
So i guess it will be better to apply after pandemic.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi Alijee,
Thank you for the swift reply and I will take your advice, definitely I don't want my documents to get lost.
Anyways for your lost documents I suggest to chat online with DVLA because at the moment they don't pick up calls, you know with Corona possibly documents are somewhere in the main deparmement as your application i guess it's not processed yet and they are working from home now too.
Good luck

Mando
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mando » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi everyone

Just received an email with my status today and it is a positive. I am really quite happy this is over. I hope everyone will be able to get his/her status soon.

My advice if your case is straightforward as mine is to go formal and raise a formal complain stating your rational for why you should no longer wait for a decision. Last time I spoke with a superviser was a week ago I asked to raise a complain and I guess this was another reason they dealt with my application.

My time is
Application applied 27/01/2020
COA received 14/03/2010
Decision received by email 09/06/2020

Do not give up there is always a light end of the canal!!!!

Wish you all best of luck

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:40 pm

Mando wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:21 pm
Hi everyone

Just received an email with my status today and it is a positive. I am really quite happy this is over. I hope everyone will be able to get his/her status soon.

My advice if your case is straightforward as mine is to go formal and raise a formal complain stating your rational for why you should no longer wait for a decision. Last time I spoke with a superviser was a week ago I asked to raise a complain and I guess this was another reason they dealt with my application.

My time is
COA received 14/03/2010

Great news
Congrats

Ola04
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ola04 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 pm

Mando wrote:
Hi everyone

My time is
COA received 14/03/2010

Hi, congratulations on receiving your decision. Please how to I get to speak to a supervisor as I have only been able to speak to call centre agents at UKVI who always told me they can't really do much for me beyond e mailing the case worker. I would love to know how I can get through directly to a supervisor.
I applied for my residence card through the EEA FM spouse of a EEA citizen route since October 2019, I did my biometrics since November and I only just got my COA on April 16th. Its been over 6 months now and I have been calling and only getting to speak to ukvi call agents pls help me out. Thanks

Rsj
Newly Registered
France

Post by Rsj » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:32 am

murmurka wrote:

congrats mate! Can you please share with me the complain message you sent to MP

Mando
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mando » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:27 am

Ola04 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 pm
Mando wrote:
Hi everyone

My time is
COA received 14/03/2010

Hi, congratulations on receiving your decision. Please how to I get to speak to a supervisor as I have only been able to speak to call centre agents at UKVI who always told me they can't really do much for me beyond e mailing the case worker. I would love to know how I can get through directly to a supervisor.
I applied for my residence card through the EEA FM spouse of a EEA citizen route since October 2019, I did my biometrics since November and I only just got my COA on April 16th. Its been over 6 months now and I have been calling and only getting to speak to ukvi call agents pls help me out. Thanks
After calling the EU call center several times I realized that there isn't a point of talking to them but I asked them to put in my record that I am disappointed with the timely processing of my application. Then I saw a piece of advice from one of our fellow members here advising to write a formal complaint to UK Visas and Immigration. you can use this link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

So I prepared the complaint but before I submit it. I called the center to inform them I need to make a formal complaint when the lady heard that she asked me if I can speak first to the supervisor before I make the complaint.

The supervisor was apologetic and promised she will raise the complaint on behalf of me to the UK Visas and Immigration "I don't believe she did" but I should hear from them within 2 weeks. A week later I received an email with my decision followed by a call from the same supervisor informing me the decision has been made to my application and apologize for the long time processing.

The point is you should raise a formal complaint if you think your case is straightforward and should not take a long time to resolve.

Good luck to all of you guys in waiting

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:44 am

Congratulations Mando,
Thank you for sharing your experience it'seems very helpful.

shay007

Post by shay007 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:32 pm

When an application gets escalated to a senior casework, does it really fasten the process?

Muri123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Muri123 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 am

Hi all, I applied for settle status since last year September, but I haven't got a decision, I'm non eea national and I'm under 21, I currently have retain right of residence, my mum got settle status last year, will I get same status as my mum because I'm under 21

occ20
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by occ20 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Non EU family member 5years route ( married 2014, got my 5years in 2015)

My timeline
Applied online without my partner on the 21 Oct 2019
Biometric submitted on the 23 Oct 2019
COA received on the 24 Oct 2019
Settled Status granted yesterday 12 June 2020

Good luck to everyone waiting this long.. the wait is painful but it’s worth it at the end.

I called the centre couple of time in December 2019 but was told they are looking into my application and waiting for report to come back on their investigations. Same response received in February and March this year. I stopped calling and just hoped and prayed for the best.

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi guys
I've been following this forum for nearly a year now.It has been a real inspiration.God bless all those who contribute in diverse ways.
On Friday I had a call from the home office concerning my application that I submitted in June last year.
The case worker asked me to provide documents to prove my residence for two years of the five that I am relying on because their system couldn't prove I was here and the passport of my ex wife.
I told her straight away that I've got only her expired passport.
She sent me email the following day asking me to provide a valid passport or the expired one if I don't have the valid one.The catch is with the expired one it's not a guarantee that I'll be issued with my settlement status.However that can be reviewed.So I sent all the requested documents with copy of the expired passport.
I have now managed to get my ex to give me her current valid passport.
Do you think I should upload that one as well or leave them to make a decision based on the documents I sent to them.
Please your advice will be appreciated.Thank you all in advance.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:59 pm

Nasara1 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 pm
Hi guys
I've been following this forum for nearly a year now.It has been a real inspiration.God bless all those who contribute in diverse ways.
On Friday I had a call from the home office concerning my application that I submitted in June last year.
The case worker asked me to provide documents to prove my residence for two years of the five that I am relying on because their system couldn't prove I was here and the passport of my ex wife.
She sent me email the following day asking me to provide a valid passport or the expired one if I don't have the valid one.The catch is with the expired one it's not a guarantee that I'll be issued with my settlement status.However that can be reviewed.So I sent all the requested documents with copy of the expired passport.
Do you think I should upload that one as well or leave them to make a decision based on the documents I sent to them.
I don't think you need a soothsayer to advice you on this
Upload everything to be on the safe side
I'm waiting to hear your good news
All the best.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:06 pm

Hello everyone
I've heard back from my MP
And this is what HO replied

On 18 January 2020, Mr xxx applied under the EUSS. I am sorry for the delay in concluding his application.

The published processing times for applications under the EUSS specify that applications usually take between five working days and a month to process. However, processing times can be extended where:

* A caseworker needs to request more information from the applicant
* An applicant is applying as a minor and their application is not linked to an adult
* They submit a paper application
* They have a relevant criminal record
* The applicant is a non-European Economic Area or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship they have not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office.

As Mr xxx is applying under the EUSS based on a relationship that he has not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office, his application will take longer to process. In these instances, processing times will vary on a case-by-case basis.

Part of the application process entails routinely conducting checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application, and only once these checks are complete can a decision be made on whether to issue status under the EUSS. However, the progress of these checks is regularly monitored.

So far, our enquiries have not been completed with regards to Mr xxx's application. We are continuing to process applications during this time, however, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. In light of this, I am unable to provide a timescale as to when a decision will be made as applications may take longer than usual to conclude and we kindly ask for your patience during this period.

Once a decision has been made, Mr xxxxx will be notified accordingly.

So I'm wondering what kind of checks they're conducting with other government departments and external agencies.

Application 18/01/2020
Biometrics 27/01/2020
COA 16/04/2020.
My wife has been granted settled status and I submitted our marriage certificate and my three year old sons birth certificate.

Can some shed a light on this please
Im confused

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:30 pm

eke123 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:59 pm
Nasara1 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 pm
Hi guys
I don't think you need a soothsayer to advice you on this
Upload everything to be on the safe side
I'm waiting to hear your good news
All the best.
Thanks Eke 123.

mellina
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by mellina » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:20 pm

eke123 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:06 pm
Hello everyone
I've heard back from my MP
And this is what HO replied

On 18 January 2020, Mr xxx applied under the EU Settlement Scheme. I am sorry for the delay in concluding his application.

The published processing times for applications under the EU Settlement Scheme specify that applications usually take between five working days and a month to process. However, processing times can be extended where:

* A caseworker needs to request more information from the applicant
* An applicant is applying as a minor and their application is not linked to an adult
* They submit a paper application
* They have a relevant criminal record
* The applicant is a non-European Economic Area or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship they have not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office.

As Mr xxx is applying under the EU Settlement Scheme based on a relationship that he has not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office, his application will take longer to process. In these instances, processing times will vary on a case-by-case basis.

Part of the application process entails routinely conducting checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application, and only once these checks are complete can a decision be made on whether to issue status under the EU Settlement Scheme. However, the progress of these checks is regularly monitored.

So far, our enquiries have not been completed with regards to Mr xxx's application. We are continuing to process applications during this time, however, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. In light of this, I am unable to provide a timescale as to when a decision will be made as applications may take longer than usual to conclude and we kindly ask for your patience during this period.

Once a decision has been made, Mr xxxxx will be notified accordingly.

So I'm wondering what kind of checks they're conducting with other government departments and external agencies.

Application 18/01/2020
Biometrics 27/01/2020
COA 16/04/2020.
My wife has been granted settled status and I submitted our marriage certificate and my three year old sons birth certificate.

Can some shed a light on this please
Im confused
Hi,

how long did it take the HO to answer to your MP, please?
Thank you!