ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to declare the INVALID APPLICATION in Naturalisation form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Znra
Newly Registered

Forgot to declare the INVALID APPLICATION in Naturalisation form

Post by Znra » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:13 am

Dear Moderators,
I've submitted my the application for Naturalisation on 9th of June, I tried my best to give all the information but just forgot about 2 Invalid Applications. I'm the family member of EEA citizen and I had stamped visa on my passport, My passport was expired so I decided to convert my visa to BRP card. And I submitted the Application on JAN 2019 . Then received the Email from HO that I have submitted the Invalid Application and ''Residence Cards are non transferable between documents''
I have tried twice and both times I got the same Email from same CaseWorker. first JAN 19 Then MARCH 19.
Secondly I applied for my first visa in 2014 and was refused so I filed for appeal and then withdraw the appeal because I had valid visa so I submitted the fresh application. I even didn't mention about the appeal either.
Will it effect my application as I didn't mention about it ? Should I withdraw the application and submit the fresh one as I didn't have my Biometrics done yet or write a covering letter and upload it in ?

Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Forgot to declare the INVALID APPLICATION in Naturalisation form

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:24 am

Hello

Here, you have:

1 invalid application
1 refused application

Invalid application can be considered as if they didn't happen. But a refusal, is another story. You should have mentioned it in the naturalisation application.

Znra
Newly Registered

Post by Znra » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:44 am

Thanks Zerubbabel very much for quick reply.
in Immigration details
he just asking if I had made any previous applications.
So I declared all the applications but it is not asking whether it was approved or refused.
And I appealed once and then withdrew it. it's not mentioned anywhere. Should I write the covering letter for it ? or its okay as Invalid applications .

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:50 pm

In a citizenship application, all questions are important. If they ask something, it means they care about it and expect a correct answer.

Reasonable mix-ups do happen such as entering a wrong application number or missing a month in an job held 8 years ago... but here you missed 2 previous applications including one that ended-up with a refusal. That one is far from being invalid.

They will look-up in their system and they will find it. But I have no idea how they will take the fact that it wasn't declared in the application.

My view is that before sending an application, you need to make sure it's 100% correct. If you send it then realise it was wrong or incomplete, pull it / cancel it then apply again.

The decision is yours at the end of the day.