ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire 2 dependent switch to T2G (COVID-19)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nav18scse

Re: Tire 2 dependent switch to T2G (COVID-19)

Post by nav18scse » Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Sainatha wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm
Hi, company solicitor applied on behalf of me, no idea which link they are used

Solicitor name removed by moderator, London
Hi Sainatha,

I hope your current visa has expired Mar 15 2020 and based on the current concession you made in-country online application to switch to T2G, still VFS are closed i think you may not able to appear for visa appointment. In this current situation can you able to work for your employer, because your current visa has expired and switch to T2G is not yet done.
Because i got my Cos assigned from my company, but my visa expires on 9th July 2020, so current concession till May31st for switching to T2G is not applicable for me and also i couldn't able to make an appointment for visa, it would be helpful if you let me know your situation
Thank you!

nav18scse

Post by nav18scse » Mon May 18, 2020 5:44 pm

harry1989 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:42 pm
Hi Sainatha,

I am also in the same boat, I used UK GOV online website to apply T2G visa and selected UK as biometric centre but online website does not allow me to proceed, can you please tell which link did you use for applying T2G within UK? Or please provide link to the solicitor you have approached.

Hi harry1989,

Have you made you online application for switch to T2G, if so how did you choose your appointment center? and what is your current situation?

Thank you!

Sainatha
India

Post by Sainatha » Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 am

nav18scse wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 pm
Sainatha wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm
Hi, company solicitor applied on behalf of me, no idea which link they are used

Solicitor name removed by moderator, London
Hi Sainatha,

I hope your current visa has expired Mar 15 2020 and based on the current concession you made in-country online application to switch to T2G, still VFS are closed i think you may not able to appear for visa appointment. In this current situation can you able to work for your employer, because your current visa has expired and switch to T2G is not yet done.
Because i got my Cos assigned from my company, but my visa expires on 9th July 2020, so current concession till May31st for switching to T2G is not applicable for me and also i couldn't able to make an appointment for visa, it would be helpful if you let me know your situation
Thank you!
Hi , as per the new UKVI guidelines

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

You can start work before your visa application has been decided, anyway I am not new employee with my company, Past 1 year I am working for my company, so I just continue..

nav18scse

Post by nav18scse » Tue May 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi Sainatha,

Thanks for your reply. it is really helpful.
Still I am not sure what type of application I have to submit whether in country or overseas. I am also waiting home office new guidance.
Can you please share me what type of application you have applied, is it "In country" visa application or "overseas application"?

Thanks.

nav18scse

Post by nav18scse » Fri May 22, 2020 11:58 am

Hi,
Received confirmation from HO that
Visa extensions for those unable to leave the UK because of coronavirus have been extended to 31 July 2020. The deadline for making an application from the UK to switch to a visa that would normally require you to apply from your home country has been extended to 31 July 2020.
Thanks.

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi nav18scse,

Have you applied for the visa as you are now eligible to apply for the visa from within now? Let me know as I am also in a similar situation and don't know the process for it.

nav18scse

Post by nav18scse » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi,

Yes I have submitted In-country visa applications and we are waiting for Biometric appointment.

Thanks,

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi nav18scse,
Thanks for letting us know about the in-country applications of you.
Can you please also tell us how you did it. I have created the application and paid IHS surcharge. I am at the VISA fee step. I am still not asked for selecting visa appointment. Does it ask after paying the Visa fee? and does it gives you option to select UK locations for visa appointment?

Thanks in advance.

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 pm

nav18scse wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 pm
Hi,

Yes I have submitted In-country visa applications and we are waiting for Biometric appointment.

Thanks,
Hi nav18scse,
Can you please also tell us how you did it. I have created the application and paid IHS surcharge. I am at the VISA fee step. I am still not asked for selecting visa appointment. Does it ask after paying the Visa fee? and does it gives you option to select UK locations for visa appointment?

Thanks in advance.

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 pm

nav18scse wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Hi nav18scse,

Thanks in advance.

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 pm

nav18scse wrote:
Hi,

Yes, I have submitted In-country visa applications and we are waiting for Biometric appointment.

Thanks,
Hi nav18scse,
Can you please also tell us how you did it. I have created the application and paid IHS surcharge. I am at the VISA fee step. I am still not asked for selecting a visa appointment. Does it ask after paying the Visa fee? and does it gives you the option to select UK locations for visa appointment?

Thanks in advance.