ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gc362952246
China

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:06 pm

mals wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:41 pm
I was checking for available appointment just like I do everyday.
I found a slot and booked it in few days time.

I am not sure how I got this despite submitting the application on 1st July.
What if I don't get an email from them inviting me to get an appointment?
are they going to turn me away 😟
hi can i ask which center did you book in please? thank you

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:18 pm

tbp wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:58 pm
The injustice goes on and on and on. I applied in 29 March. Still can not book an appointment, and waiting for biometric re-use to be ready. But people who applied not even a month ago can submit their biometrics. (Don't get me wrong. I am happy for them)

But this has been very, incredibly frustrating for me. I will take my complaints further. Somebody needs to apologise for this failure.
How come you didn’t get any appointment booking email when they opened the slot for the applications submitted in March?
Resue of biometric was recently introduced, if I am not wrong it was announced on 7th July

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:55 pm

mals wrote:

Your are lucky
Many Thanks .

tbp

Post by tbp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Because, geniuses behind this brilliant idea of biometric reuse, didn't think deep enough of the consequences of their plan.

First, they let people who booked an appointment before 27 March but couldn't attend because of lockdown to book appointments.
Then, they let people who didn't book appointment but were registered before 27 March before lockdown.
Then on 29 June they announced that people who registered with UKVCAS before 30 April can book appointments.

I waited patiently until 3rd of July when I found out that I was identified for biometric reuse. I thought, great, I can now submit my application. But instead UKVCAS told us to wait "few weeks" and it's been 3 weeks since then. Although it was literally my turn to book appointment for biometric enrolment, I have been told to wait. I am still waiting. Biometric reuse was announced by UKVI on 2nd of July.

There is a total failure of planning and that is why I am very frustrated.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:32 pm

tbp wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm
Because, geniuses behind this brilliant idea of biometric reuse, didn't think deep enough of the consequences of their plan.

First, they let people who booked an appointment before 27 March but couldn't attend because of lockdown to book appointments.
Then, they let people who didn't book appointment but were registered before 27 March before lockdown.
Then on 29 June they announced that people who registered with UKVCAS before 30 April can book appointments.

I waited patiently until 3rd of July when I found out that I was identified for biometric reuse. I thought, great, I can now submit my application. But instead UKVCAS told us to wait "few weeks" and it's been 3 weeks since then. Although it was literally my turn to book appointment for biometric enrolment, I have been told to wait. I am still waiting. Biometric reuse was announced by UKVI on 2nd of July.

There is a total failure of planning and that is why I am very frustrated.
I am in the same boat as yourselves. Applied 13.04.2020. No appointment, dont know when decision will follow. Abit of a mess though.

Shanvasu

Post by Shanvasu » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Update fron UKVCAS 20/07:

Now open to customers who applied before 30 June 2020

We are now opening up the booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between 1 June and 30 June 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 23 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about the next steps.

Some customers within this date range will not be invited to book an appointment. See the impact of the new UKVI policy changes below.

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm

I submitted by online application on 5th of June and was now able to book an appointment at UKVCAS in Croydon.
Now the great news is that I did not get any email confirmation with the QR codes, and no, is not in the spam folder.
Has this happened to anyone? Booking an appointment but getting to email confirmation?
My appointment shows up when I log into UKVCAS, but as I understand it's useless without the QR codes.

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm

mals wrote:

That is strange - since they said it is only open to people who applied upto 30th of June and that they should receive an email before they book. An error in the system perhaps . But hope if you have got the slot that it goes well !! All the best

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Daided wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm
I submitted by online application on 5th of June and was now able to book an appointment at UKVCAS in Croydon.
Now the great news is that I did not get any email confirmation with the QR codes, and no, is not in the spam folder.
Has this happened to anyone? Booking an appointment but getting to email confirmation?
My appointment shows up when I log into UKVCAS, but as I understand it's useless without the QR codes.
Did you receive an email to book , or were you checking the appointment locations everyday for openings?

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:00 pm

tbp wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:15 pm
I already contacted UKVI and UKVCAS and lodged complaints with both of them. I am identified for biometric re-use and the UKVCAS announcement still says "few weeks" which drives me crazy. I still can not understand why did they identify people for biometric reuse if the system wasn't ready at first place!
What email id did you use to contact UKVI / HO ?

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:04 pm

Daided wrote:
It's probably a bug on their booking system. Maybe you can try to call the UKVCAS helpline tomorrow, saying you haven't receive the confirmation email but don't mention anything about the error. Good luck!

tbp

Post by tbp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:05 pm

What email id did you use to contact UKVI / HO ?
I emailed the relevant department for my visa type which is Turkish Businessperson. They only deal with Turkish Businessperson applications.

But I received a response from the email address: VandCSheffield.Correspondence@homeoffice.gov.uk
So I believe, you can contact them with it regarding your biometric enrolment questions.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:38 pm

Daided wrote:

hi, does the date button change colour when there are avalaible slots?

thank you!

mals
    Newly Registered
    Mood:
    Bangladesh

Post by mals » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 pm

ap1410 wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm
    mals wrote:

That is strange - since they said it is only open to people who applied upto 30th of June and that they should receive an email before they book. An error in the system perhaps . But hope if you have got the slot that it goes well !! All the best
    mystery solved, i actually paid little before midnight 30th June. Uploaded the docs later in early hour of 1st july. Don't feel as much guilty as I was feeling before haha.

gc362952246
    China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:47 pm

mals wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 pm
    ap1410 wrote:
    mals wrote:

mystery solved, i actually paid little before midnight 30th June. Uploaded the docs later in early hour of 1st july. Don't feel as much guilty as I was feeling before haha.
    !
    hi can i ask if the button change colour when there are available slot? i applied on 22nd June, Thank you@

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Does any June applicant got bi-metric reuse emails ?
    Many Thanks .

mals
    Newly Registered
    Mood:
    Bangladesh

Post by mals » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:51 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:47 pm
    mals wrote:
    ap1410 wrote:
    mals wrote:

!
    hi can i ask if the button change colour when there are available slot? i applied on 22nd June, Thank you@
    Yes (probably and the text will be different) and you can click and there will be at least one appointment slot. I didn't spend much time looking at these details tbh.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:55 pm

mals wrote:
    ap1410 wrote:
    mals wrote:

What was the earliest slot available for?

gc362952246
    China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:59 pm

mals wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:51 pm
    gc362952246 wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:47 pm
    mals wrote:
    ap1410 wrote:

!
    Yes (probably and the text will be different) and you can click and there will be at least one appointment slot. I didn't spend much time looking at these details tbh.
    thank you

can i ask when was your most recent biometric with UKVI? Thank you.

ap1410
    - thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:31 pm

Paul99 wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:50 pm
    Does any June applicant got bi-metric reuse emails ?
    No I applied June 15th ( for a new Tier 2 Cos , not ILR ) , but have not received any email yet.

ap1410
    - thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:33 pm

mals wrote:
    ap1410 wrote:
    mals wrote:

:D , all the best . You probably are the only one who has been able to find an appointment online without receiving an email to book from UKVACS !

gebe_top
    Newly Registered
    Indonesia

Post by gebe_top » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi,

I received an email from UKVCAS to book an appointment. I booked the appointment and have click the pay "button", after a while the page return an error page and did not get the confirmation page. however, UKVCAS has taken the fee from my bank account, but I did not get the QR code for the appointment.

I have contact them via "claim" and "enquiry" section from the web regarding this problem, but they did not answer (I tried to contact via phone number given on the web, but always failed).

anybody has experienced this or know what to do?

I have not tried to book again as I am afraid if they will take my money but did not get the appointment confirmation.

cheers,

ap1410
    - thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:42 pm

gebe_top wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:38 pm
    Hi,

I received an email from UKVCAS to book an appointment. I booked the appointment and have click the pay "button", after a while the page return an error page and did not get the confirmation page. however, UKVCAS has taken the fee from my bank account, but I did not get the QR code for the appointment.

I have contact them via "claim" and "enquiry" section from the web regarding this problem, but they did not answer (I tried to contact via phone number given on the web, but always failed).

anybody has experienced this or know what to do?

I have not tried to book again as I am afraid if they will take my money but did not get the appointment confirmation.

cheers,
    Try waiting for a day or so you may get a confirmation email when they resolve the issue. What was your visa application submission date ?

gebe_top
    Newly Registered
    Indonesia

Post by gebe_top » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 pm

My application date was 30 June. In the email, they said that all application between 1-30 June can start booking an appointment.

I am just afraid if they asked me to rebook again and all full.

CULLINAN
    Respected Guru
    Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Its just my speculation: Maybe once UKVCAS opens up to applicants within a certain date period, the system pushes out emails in alphabetical order rather than date order. As some reported receiving the email earlier than who applied on a previous date, it might be their email address starts with an Alphabet that comes first.
    Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.