ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term visit visa. Overstay due to Covid

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asifshaik04
Newly Registered

Long term visit visa. Overstay due to Covid

Post by asifshaik04 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:31 am

My parents are from India they both have long term visitor visa until 2027. As per maximum 6 months staying rule, they were supposed to return in May 2020 but due to Covid-19 pandemic, they couldn't go back.

We filled in this form got approval to stay till 31st July.

Both my parents are 70 plus and 3 out of 4 their children are here in the UK. Not much help is available in India for them. Looking at the current situation in India we personally don't want to send them back yet. Is there any option to continue staying here until the situation gets better in India?

After doing some research not sure which of the following options I should consider
  • If I take them out of the UK for a couple of days to somewhere like Germany or France or Dubai and come back. Will that be treated as a fresh entry and let them stay here for another 6 months on their existing visa?
  • Some are recommending to apply for FLR/HRO form and that decision will take minimum 2-3 months that should give us enough time to stay here
  • Some are also recommending to apply for adult dependent visa. But I am personally not convinced with this option.
Please let me know what would be the best solution to avoid any immigration issues in future.

Kind Regards
AS

wp2tier1

Re: Long term visit visa. Overstay due to Covid

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi asifshaik04,

I am in a similar situation. Did you go for any of other visa options?