ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAS Issue to Students Applying from UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Raviteja440
Mood:

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 4

Post by Raviteja440 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi,

I am still waiting on clarification from government to clearly define who can make use of this concession.
Currently, no one have a clear idea who is eligible for this concession .

DMD05
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 4

Post by DMD05 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi Raviteja440,

Thank you for your response.

Even we are unsure about what to do next, whether to travel to home country (India) which is not possible now due to COVID restrictions or to apply in the UK.

Please keep this thread posted if you get any more details on this either from university or from government. Thanks again :)

Raviteja440
Mood:

CAS Issue to Students Applying from UK

Post by Raviteja440 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:53 am

Hi All,

can anyone please let me know if anyone applying from UK for Tier 4 Visa (using the latest Government concession - Where usually need to apply from Home country) got the CAS issued by university for September intake?

There is some confusion for few universities about this concession. gov.uk is still continuing the concession
but with no clarity. Can someone please explain if anyone whose visa expiring after september 1st is successful in using this concession ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: CAS Issue to Students Applying from UK

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:14 am

Raviteja440 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:53 am
Can someone please explain if anyone whose visa expiring after september 1st is successful in using this concession ?
Yes, the guidance specifically says so.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

If your leave expires after 1 September 2020
You can submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to show your application is urgent, for example if you need to start a new job or course of study.

You’ll need to pay the fees and meet all requirements of your visa as normal, except the need to submit the application in your home country.

This is being kept under review.

See also UKCISA's guidance, updated on 10 August:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... l-students > Immigration permission expiring after 31 August 2020
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Raviteja440
Mood:

Post by Raviteja440 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:40 am

Thanks for the Reply.
My University has been putting my CAS on hold as there is no clarity on 'Urgent' category.
As My Visa have validity until June 2021. They were saying i don't fall under this concession. Apparantly, some universities have been issuing CAS and some are not. So, i just want to check if there is any clear clarification
about this 'Urgent' category from Government which i can show it to my University to persuade to issue me CAS?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Raviteja440 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:40 am
As My Visa have validity until June 2021. They were saying i don't fall under this concession.
I agree with them. I don't see how it is urgent that you apply now.

What is the basis of your argument to the university (and also to UKVI) that it is urgent that you apply now? You have 10 months' extant leave which allows you to start the course and gives you plenty of time to travel home at your convenience to make the Tier 4 application, perhaps in the Christmas or Easter vacation. Of course, in the unlikely even that you still cannot travel home by June 2021, there will likely be other concessions in place. But this does seem unlikely.

You may prefer to apply now under this temporary concession for the convenience, but that is a different matter from it being urgent that you do so.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Raviteja440
Mood:

Post by Raviteja440 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My argument, is only that i am unable to travel to make the Tier 4 visa from homecountry before September course start.
The reason for me not to continue with as Tier2 Dependent visa is due to current job market which is very bad and anytime jobs can become redundant and we may be asked to leave within a month to home country in the mid of my studies and if by any chance our Tier 4 visa is not successful, we can't continue anymore with my studies losing both my career and money. Convinience to apply within UK itself is ofcourse my secondary reason.
I'm don't think none of the above concerns make my application deemed as 'Urgent'.

These risks won't let me to pursue my studies peacefully.
Atleast , i was hoping the guidance should be clear to make people with more visa validity be ineligible
for this concession. But that is not the case as well which leaves people like me in dilemma.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:13 am

Raviteja440 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:28 pm
My argument, is only that i am unable to travel to make the Tier 4 visa from homecountry before September course start.
This is not an argument for needing to switch to Tier 4 urgently. As your university says, you already have leave that allows you to study which is valid right through to next summer.
Raviteja440 wrote:
The reason for me not to continue with as Tier2 Dependent visa is due to current job market which is very bad and anytime jobs can become redundant and we may be asked to leave within a month to home country in the mid of my studies and if by any chance our Tier 4 visa is not successful, we can't continue anymore with my studies losing both my career and money. Convinience to apply within UK itself is ofcourse my secondary reason. I'm don't think none of the above concerns make my application deemed as 'Urgent'.
That's a lot of "may be" and "if by any chance". Sorry, but this is all about your own preference, not about any real urgency.
Raviteja440 wrote:
Atleast , i was hoping the guidance should be clear to make people with more visa validity be ineligible
for this concession. But that is not the case as well which leaves people like me in dilemma.
That's why is is all about urgency that you apply. It says:

You’ll need to show your application is urgent, for example if you need to start a new job or course of study [and cannot do so with your current leave].

UKCISA gives some further guidance on it:
The Home Office does not provide an exhaustive list of what it means by 'urgent', so you need to set out clearly in your application, with evidence if relevant, why you must apply now or very soon to stay in the UK and why you cannot do what you want to do with your existing immigration permission.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... l-students