ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arethere
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by arethere » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:23 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:27 pm
Hi everyone,

Applied 29th of July ILR (LR)
Haven't managed to book an appointment yet, or anything!
I've seen people with ILR (LR) who applied 3rd of July only managed to book an appointment 13th of August, which made me calm down a bit!
So following this trend, I'm assuming I will be able to book an appointment by 7th of Sept?

Anyone else in July, with no appointment booked?!
Please let me know would be good to feel that I am not alone on this journey!!
I applied a few days before you and haven't heard anything back. Not even the IDV app consideration.

usernameswan
Newly Registered

Post by usernameswan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:55 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:32 pm
Hello all

For ILR Set O, after application is processed, any idea if the ILR status is upated on the Right to Work website immediately? Anyone can please confirm based on their observation?
I just got my approval this evening and I checked the Right to Work status and it has been updated to reflect the ILR status
Hi congratulation! Could you let me know where you can check the Right to Work status, what's the link for this? Thanks a lot!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Hello guys
I’m new on this forum I need to ask a quick question I submitted my wife application on 18th August and received email from ukvi application submitted.But on the final task it’s not give me any link to create the account with UKVCAS only message display below.Kindly get back to me on this
You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

For further information plea

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:23 pm

whdkfk wrote:
ILRGB wrote:
Hello all

For ILR Set O, after application is processed, any idea if the ILR status is upated on the Right to Work website immediately? Anyone can please confirm based on their observation?
I just got my approval this evening and I checked the Right to Work status and it has been updated to reflect the ILR status
Hi, please how do you check your right to work status again? can you send me a link please?

thanks!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Heartbreakkid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Hello guys
I’m new on this forum I need to ask a quick question I submitted my wife application on 18th August and received email from ukvi application submitted.But on the final task it’s not give me any link to create the account with UKVCAS only message display below.Kindly get back to me on this
You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

For further information plea
Read the previous posts you will get your answer.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

strong_and_stable

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Toyaki55 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Hi, please how do you check your right to work status again? can you send me a link please?

thanks!!!
User CULLINAN has just provided the link two posts ago
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm
usernameswan wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 pm
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:58 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm
usernameswan wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 pm
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Through this method, right to work can only be checked if the BRP is still valid. If BRP has expired. It simply shows “your BRP has expired”

Is there any another way to check right to work ?

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:02 am

whdkfk wrote:
ILRGB wrote:
Hello all

Congratulations, was your BRP still valid or expired when you checked your right to work ?

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:09 am

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:02 am
whdkfk wrote:
ILRGB wrote:
Hello all

Congratulations, was your BRP still valid or expired when you checked your right to work ?
My BRP was still valid when I checked it

buket
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by buket » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:34 am

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:50 pm
har_p3 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:52 pm
Did anyone get an invite to use IDV app at all? It doesn't look like anyone has reported on this forum so far. Is that true?
The number of downloads on android playstore shows 1K+ since last two days. Most people have just downloaded in anticipation and not invitation (me included).
So, don't think too many invitations have gone out yet(if at all!).
I would expect the downloads to go into multiple thousands when invitations really start to flow in.
applied on 16 April, no idv email yet

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:57 am

arethere wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:23 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:27 pm
Hi everyone,

Applied 29th of July ILR (LR)
Haven't managed to book an appointment yet, or anything!
I've seen people with ILR (LR) who applied 3rd of July only managed to book an appointment 13th of August, which made me calm down a bit!
So following this trend, I'm assuming I will be able to book an appointment by 7th of Sept?

Anyone else in July, with no appointment booked?!
Please let me know would be good to feel that I am not alone on this journey!!
I applied a few days before you and haven't heard anything back. Not even the IDV app consideration.
Oh thanks for replying to me!
Same I havent heard anything at all- even IDV app! :(

I've seen some people in this thread: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-180.html
who also applied around the same time as us, and who seemed to have heard back and even booked an appointment!!
Lets keep in touch, please let me know when you hear something and manage to book anything!

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am

har_p3 wrote:
Did anyone get an invite to use IDV app at all? It doesn't look like anyone has reported on this forum so far. Is that true?
I've not posted here before, but wanted to share.

I applied for SET (M) end March 2020. I received an invitation to use the IDV app Wednesday evening (19th August). I managed to take my own picture and verify it with my passport.

After being invited to use the app, the online booking system also opened up for me, so seems you have a choice to use the app or attend an in person appointment (cheapest i saw was £110)

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am

JS123 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am
har_p3 wrote:

I applied for SET (M) end March 2020. I received an invitation to use the IDV app Wednesday evening (19th August). I managed to take my own picture and verify it with my passport.

After being invited to use the app, the online booking system also opened up for me, so seems you have a choice to use the app or attend an in person appointment (cheapest i saw was £110)
Good news! You are first person to report about IDV app invitation. I hope they will start sending invitation to other people soon.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am

Hi
I’ve been checking the timeline thread but it only shows good news there. (They all seem to get a decision in 1-3 working days)
I wonder if anyone is in a similar situation like me. I applied set o on 22nd June. Case officer emailed me after a week. I had my biometric appointment on 14th August but still no news yet.
Please could you let me know if I am alone?

An anxious applicant

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:50 am

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am
Hi
I’ve been checking the timeline thread but it only shows good news there. (They all seem to get a decision in 1-3 working days)
I wonder if anyone is in a similar situation like me. I applied set o on 22nd June. Case officer emailed me after a week. I had my biometric appointment on 14th August but still no news yet.

An anxious applicant
HAHA just got approval 2 min after this post. thank you everyone, especially huge thanks to Cullinan. Best of luck and I wish you all get a successful application soon!

tbp

Post by tbp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 am

You are not alone. I attended biometric appointment last week Friday and also have not get a decision yet. My category is Turkish Business Person though. So teams dealing with the cases are different. So I thought that was the reason for me. But some other people in my category reported to get a decision within a few days.

Seen your update after I sent the post :D Good news for you.

Jeannot88

Post by Jeannot88 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:58 am

[quote=JS123 post_id=1926326 time=1598005888 user_id=238565]
[quote=har_p3 post_id=1926124 time=1597942352 user_id=116243]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is awesome news! Just want to ask if it would be possible to share the contents of the IDV app email invite (personal details if any redacted) and also from which email address did it come from?

Thanks

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:09 am

jenov wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:58 am
JS123 wrote:
har_p3 wrote:

This is awesome news! Just want to ask if it would be possible to share the contents of the IDV app email invite (personal details if any redacted) and also from which email address did it come from?

Thanks
Could you also please update us when you get a decision? would be good to know if decisions for IDV app users are also following a similar timeline of 2-5 days.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:19 am

JS123 wrote:

Can you paste the original content of the email, taking out your personal details?

This post can only be verified if more members report the same. As its one off, really can not deduce a trail.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:22 am

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:50 am
HAHA just got approval 2 min after this post. thank you everyone, especially huge thanks to Cullinan. Best of luck and I wish you all get a successful application soon!
Congratulations 🥳

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:27 am

jenov wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:58 am
JS123 wrote:
har_p3 wrote:

Thanks
Great to hear it. At least the IDV app is really working. So it's just a question of ramping up now. UKVCAS seems to be taking baby steps which is nice but not great as there is still so much uncertainty

afrikano
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by afrikano » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:29 am

JS123 wrote:
har_p3 wrote:

From what I've seen so far, it seems that late March applicants are the only ones who are receiving the IDV app invitations. Looks like the phased rollout might take a while...

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:48 am

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:50 am
gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am
Hi

An anxious applicant
Congratulations, glad you are not waiting anymore.

I'm waiting after biometrics given on 15 Aug. Hoping 🤞 for decision email today.

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:55 am

Kris001 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:48 am

I'm waiting after biometrics given on 15 Aug. Hoping 🤞 for decision email today.
Do you mind my asking where you did the biometrics... I did mine in Birmingham on 15th, Set (0), waiting anxiously as well :-)