ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lespa

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Lespa » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Just got the invite email... 9:28pm to be exact.
2 minute job as all my docs have been submitted online while ago. Just took a selfie and photo of my passport.

Small correction though, I have been saying that I applied on 15th of April.... it was the 14th, late evening, if that makes a difference.

I will let you know when they get back to me. Hopefully we’ll work out a pattern in few days :)

grungium
Newly Registered

Post by grungium » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Got the invite. Had applied on 15 April.

Abdul1274
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Abdul1274 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:47 pm

I am so jealous of you guys :cry: .

But I'm happy things are moving forward at the same time. :)

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:56 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:26 pm
DreamerInDarkness wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:56 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:11 pm
UKVCAS new update 24/8/20.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
It’s not a rocket science for UKVCAS and UKVI just to keep their communication simple and clear. Why they can’t simply mention IDV emails are sent either on daily, weekly or god knows yearly basis.

What we need is below example from UKVCAS :

People who applied between 20th of March and 15th of April, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 17th of Aug and 24th of August.

People who applied between 16th of April and 15th of May, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 25th of Aug and 29th of August.

People who applied between 16th of May and 15th of June, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 30th of Aug and 05th of September.
Because they don’t know yet.
Are you sure 🧐🧐. I thought UKVCAS IS ORGANISING AND SENDING THE IDV APP INVITE WHETHER ON UKVI INSTRUCTIONS OR NOT. Who else would know sounds like mystery then 🥴
You’re assuming there’s a plan behind it by UKVI and UKVCAS. All of this sounds like a complete mess, more of a “make it up as you go along” situation.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:30 am

Hi guys,

I have been following the updates here which have been indeed useful. Could someone please help me with my query below.

I applied for naturalization on 4th May 2020, got selected for biometric reuse in July and had the email to opt-in/out of the IDV app in August. At the time, I was advised by a friend that I won't be able to use the IDV app because my 8-year old child is also applying with me for naturalization. Is this correct?

Anyways, I then booked the biometric appointment for next month (isolating these days due to a foreign trip) however I am wondering if I could cancel the appointment and go back to the IDV app? (childcare issues, ukvcas won't allow any additional people to the centre)

I have tried contacting ukvcas and the phone lines have very long wait so I have been unable to talk to them....
appreciate your help!

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:36 am

grungium wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:36 pm
Got the invite. Had applied on 15 April.
That's amazing. We now know from quite a few examples that those who had applied up to 15th April have received invites. I had applied on 6th May, and hoping there won't be long to wait.

mrbill
Newly Registered

Post by mrbill » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:33 pm

I've tried to read back as far as I can in this thread - lots of conflicting info. I don't think the IDV applies to me as i've never had any biometric info taken from me ever - i'm EU citizen applying for UK citizenship. I've jumped through all the hoops - paid - uploaded docs (but not yet submitted). There are zero appointments anywhere in the South East as far as I can see.

Should I go ahead and submit all my documents via UKVCAS? Or should I wait until I have a confirmed appointment?

Speaking of which - how do I get an appointment? Will I be contacted perhaps? Or do i need to keep looking online? When are new appointments released? I only submitted the application today (25th Aug).

Thanks,

knivo
Newly Registered

Post by knivo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:02 pm

mrbill wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:33 pm
I've tried to read back as far as I can in this thread - lots of conflicting info. I don't think the IDV applies to me as i've never had any biometric info taken from me ever - i'm EU citizen applying for UK citizenship. I've jumped through all the hoops - paid - uploaded docs (but not yet submitted). There are zero appointments anywhere in the South East as far as I can see.

Should I go ahead and submit all my documents via UKVCAS? Or should I wait until I have a confirmed appointment?

Speaking of which - how do I get an appointment? Will I be contacted perhaps? Or do i need to keep looking online? When are new appointments released? I only submitted the application today (25th Aug).

Thanks,
UKVCAS issued further advice yesterday that if you have applied after the 23rd of August, they will inform you via email regarding the app in a few weeks. In case you don’t want to use the app, you will get email when you’ll be able to book appointments. You could upload and submit your documents now, the Home office probably starts reviewing applications as soon as documents have been submitted.

mrbill
Newly Registered

Post by mrbill » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:08 pm

knivo wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:02 pm

UKVCAS issued further advice yesterday that if you have applied after the 23rd of August, they will inform you via email regarding the app in a few weeks. In case you don’t want to use the app, you will get email when you’ll be able to book appointments. You could upload and submit your documents now, the Home office probably starts reviewing applications as soon as documents have been submitted.
Thanks. So just wait I suppose then. I don't think the app will work for me as i've never given any biometric data before.

Based on other peoples experience - how long do you think it may be before I get an appointment?

I've gone ahead an submitted the docs - can't hurt.

I think it would have been pretty bad going with applications and appointments due to Brexit and everyone wanting to finish this before the end of the year - but add COVID into the mix - that just compounds the issue.

Thanks,

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Anyone who has used the IDV App, can you please confirm if you can upload the travel document from your photos or you have to click the picture ??

Reason why, I am applying for Schengen visa so I won’t have both my passport and ilr which will be submitted to embassy.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:29 pm
Anyone who has used the IDV App, can you please confirm if you can upload the travel document from your photos or you have to click the picture ??

Reason why, I am applying for Schengen visa so I won’t have both my passport and ilr which will be submitted to embassy.
I can’t check as i already submitted everything but in my memory there was an option to upload the travel document via photos on your phone. But not 100% sure

grungium
Newly Registered

Post by grungium » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:43 pm

skasyap wrote:

Yes, you can use photos or even cloud (on the idiot-phone, it does direct you to one of idiot-phone's built-in document database -- you can download / move any of your existing files from any cloud application there and retreive it accordingly).

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:45 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 pm
skasyap wrote:

I can’t check as i already submitted everything but in my memory there was an option to upload the travel document via photos on your phone. But not 100% sure
Many thanks 🙏

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:46 pm

grungium wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:43 pm
skasyap wrote:

Yes, you can use photos or even cloud (on the idiot-phone, it does direct you to one of idiot-phone's built-in document database -- you can download / move any of your existing files from any cloud application there and retreive it accordingly).
Hoping you are taking about IDV app, if that is the case then really helpful. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:02 pm

skasyap wrote:

You already have uploaded your passport on UKVCAS. I believe the IDV app would require to take a photo from the physical passport in hand (otherwise whats the point uploading the same again?) Just my opinion.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:02 pm
skasyap wrote:

You already have uploaded your passport on UKVCAS. I believe the IDV app would require to take a photo from the physical passport in hand (otherwise whats the point uploading the same again?) Just my opinion.
That is what I was thinking but let see.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Hi all,

Yes you are right. Taking photograph , liveness check and taking photo of travel document are the part if ID check. Even they have given the choice of cropping the phototaken by the apps. Please see the video by clicking the below link

Uma

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:37 pm

udutt wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Hi all,

Yes you are right. Taking photograph , liveness check and taking photo of travel document are the part if ID check. Even they have given the choice of cropping the phototaken by the apps. Please see the video by clicking the below link

Uma
Very helpful!! Seems like you will have to take the photo and you can’t use upload option from your photos. Thanks anyway!!

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:22 pm

just received an email for idv ..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:26 pm

At time of this post: Latest report for IDV invite is up to 11th May. Happy to see the pace!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:27 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:25 pm
heyaheya wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:22 pm
When did you register with UKVCAS?
I think OP applied on 4th May.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:27 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
heyaheya wrote:
yes thats right. i applied on 4th may.. but somehow when i go on photo its all black and it doesnt take my photo.. i have idiot-phone 5s and ios 12.4.5. .. do u think that could be a reason...! i can see all documents i uploaded but when i go on photo screen goes black,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:38 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:
heyaheya wrote:
yes thats right. i applied on 4th may.. but somehow when i go on photo its all black and it doesnt take my photo.. i have idiot-phone 5s and ios 12.4.5. .. do u think that could be a reason...! i can see all documents i uploaded but when i go on photo screen goes black,
Its best to take in day light.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:39 pm

New update:
Good news!

Ukvcas 25th Aug
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Our plan is to email eligible IDV customers inviting them to use the IDV app:

By 7 September 2020 for IDV customers who have registered with UKVI and UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020

By 14 September 2020 for IDV customers who registered with UKVI and UKVCAS in August 2020

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:38 pm
heyaheya wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:

Its best to take in day light.
yeah i will do tomorrow morning. i hope we get decision soon as well.