ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Other Countries and India

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xebec
Australia

Other Countries and India

Post by xebec » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Hello Mods,

I am just opening the discussion if the topic on "Overseas Citizenship of India" (OCI) needs its own forum area instead of residing under the "Other Countries" section, since the posts on the OCI overwhelmes all other posts.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Other Countries and India

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:39 pm

xebec wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Hello Mods,

I am just opening the discussion if the topic on "Overseas Citizenship of India" (OCI) needs its own forum area instead of residing under the "Other Countries" section, since the posts on the OCI overwhelmes all other posts.
It is mainly Indian nationals/OCI questions in that sub forum and very few other country type posts. Posts that are relevant to other sub forums are moved.

So no, we won't be opening a specific sub forum for indan nationals. It will cause others to ask for a Pakistan, Nigerian, South African etc etc sub forum too for their specific posts, which will become unmanageable.

Please remember that we are all unpaid volunteers here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xebec
Australia

Re: Other Countries and India

Post by xebec » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:39 am

So what's the cut off criteria when topics get their own sub forum page? The US and Australia sections are pretty dormant, whilst the Indian one is very active.

For the last 50 threads (including stickies), these are the other posts regarding non-India related topics:

1. Pakistan x 1
2. Hong Kong x 1
3. Mozambique x 1
4. Nigeria+USA x 1

That's 46/50 for India-related topics. Is this high percentage not worthy of any consideration?