ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nash4elovek
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:10 am

skasyap wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:28 am
Hi All,

Just a bit of information if that helps anyone.

I have spoken to my case worker really nice and very helpful. It looks like there is a separate team who is currently checking information submitted via IDV app and until they confirm all good to case worker he/she can’t do much but wait.

It might take some time but they are working hard to get this over for all of us as quick as possible.
I'm sorry if you already told this, but how did you get in touch with your case worker?

Many thanks

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 am

Hi all,
I have not seen any post regarding IDV invitation since yesterday. I am still waiitng for invitation application date 9th June and biometrcis reuse eligibility mail on last week of July. Same for my wife and daughter application date 6th July 2020. I have no idea what is happening here . Waiting and waiting for invitation mail. Last evening tried to login the app by mistake put the wrong password . Failure message came with warning that two attempt left after that account will be locked. Looks like tough days are ahead.

Uma Dutt

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:27 am

udutt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 am
Hi all,
I have not seen any post regarding IDV invitation since yesterday. I am still waiitng for invitation application date 9th June and biometrcis reuse eligibility mail on last week of July. Same for my wife and daughter application date 6th July 2020. I have no idea what is happening here . Waiting and waiting for invitation mail. Last evening tried to login the app by mistake put the wrong password . Failure message came with warning that two attempt left after that account will be locked. Looks like tough days are ahead.

Uma Dutt
Lot of us in the same boat. Hopefully we receive the invites by 7 sep as promised.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:10 am

nash4elovek wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:10 am
skasyap wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:28 am
Hi All,

Just a bit of information if that helps anyone.

I have spoken to my case worker really nice and very helpful. It looks like there is a separate team who is currently checking information submitted via IDV app and until they confirm all good to case worker he/she can’t do much but wait.

It might take some time but they are working hard to get this over for all of us as quick as possible.
I'm sorry if you already told this, but how did you get in touch with your case worker?

Many thanks
I sent an email to nationality support team and the case worker who is on my case sent the email with his contact details so I called him and spoke to him over the phone.

grosvenorave
Newly Registered

Post by grosvenorave » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:43 am

I sent my application on APRIL 27th - uploaded all documents and submitted them. Yet still waiting for the IDV email.

I believe this has something to do with the UKVCAS system. The ILR application I made last year is somehow still 'active' on their system. I know that because every time I log in, UKVCAS tells me 'there are more than 1 applications on their system with my email address' and ask for the 16 digit application code. I worry that I won't receive the IDV email by September 7th. I don't know who to talk to when this happens. I'm sure UKVCAS will refer me to Home Office, and vice versa. Does anyone have a contact number where I can talk to a real person about this? If so please send me a DM. Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:46 am

grosvenorave wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:43 am
This post may help you. Try this after 7th Sep but if you have got no correspondence at all try to email the following and see if it helps.
I found this on a third party website which may help someone. I think, for anyone who has not received any correspondence should use the email as stated below. For anyone who applied on/before 31st July and received correspondence should wait till 7th Sep first.

Customer Correspondence
A small number of enquiries have been received from applicants or third parties stating that they are awaiting correspondence, but have not received any thusfar. UKVI and UKVCAS have reviewed our contact history for those applicants, and confirmed that emails for those cases have, in fact, been sent – however, they were not picked up by third parties/immigration advisers.

We would therefore encourage you to carefully check emails received before submitting a query on an applicant’s behalf.

If, after checking your records, you wish to flag any instances where you believe a customer has not received correspondence, as outlined above, please forward the case details to: UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk. In the body of your email, please include: name of applicant and UAN (Unique Application Number).

Please note this is a temporary email account for enquiries regarding customer correspondence history, for those who have submitted an application before 31st July.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

grosvenorave
Newly Registered

Post by grosvenorave » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:11 am

Thank you Cullinan, will send an email to this address after September 7th.

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:12 am

udutt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 am
Hi all,

Uma Dutt
I’m on the same boat, Applied on 9th of June but still didn’t get any invitation yet! Tried to login but says No Mobile access!!

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:48 am

I think what I find the most annoying in this is the wrong and misleading information that they provide on their website: they say that the invites would be sent in date order, and that is clearly not true.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi All,

I received an email today from my case worker confirming the decision on my naturalisation is successful.

My timelines are posted here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1930729

Thank you all for your support throughout. I wish you all good luck and speedy decisions :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Roman2316 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm
Hello everyone,

I have just recieved confirmation from HO that my application for citizenship has been approved. I submitted my application on 27 March 2020 at 6pm. Got IDV invite on 19 August and submitted the ID that evening via IDV. Got the result today with confirmation. Now I have to wait for Citizenship ceremony invite.
I hope this timeline would helpful to you all who are still waiting for this process to complete.
I wish the very best to everyone
First to report successful decision via IDV app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:44 pm

gk642 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:23 pm
Hi All,

I received an email today from my case worker confirming the decision on my naturalisation is successful.

My timelines are posted here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1930729

Thank you all for your support throughout. I wish you all good luck and speedy decisions :D
Congrats!
I just checked that you submitted your biometrics via IDV app. Good news for people who submitted biometrics via IDV app.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:47 pm

2 members have posted approvals after submitting biometrics via IDV app in less than 2 weeks. Submitted biometrics via IDV on 19th and 21st Aug. Thats good news.

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:38 pm
Roman2316 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm
Hello everyone,

I have just recieved confirmation from HO that my application for citizenship has been approved. I submitted my application on 27 March 2020 at 6pm. Got IDV invite on 19 August and submitted the ID that evening via IDV. Got the result today with confirmation. Now I have to wait for Citizenship ceremony invite.
I hope this timeline would helpful to you all who are still waiting for this process to complete.
I wish the very best to everyone
First to report successful decision via IDV app.
I may be missing the very obvious but isnt the HO approval used to book citizenship ceremonies? What is the 'Citizenship ceremony invite' and why is not printed and sent out the same day they approve the application. What is the difference between the approval letter (is it by email now rather than by post?) and the invitation letter?
ignorance is bliss :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:56 pm

@soul mickey

I may be missing the very obvious but isnt the HO approval used to book citizenship ceremonies? What is the 'Citizenship ceremony invite' and why is not printed and sent out the same day they approve the application. What is the difference between the approval letter (is it by email now rather than by post?) and the invitation letter?
Post-covid, you get an approval letter sent via email. To attend the ceremony you also need a ceremony invitation letter from HO to book your ceremony which has massive backlog for 8-12 weeks. Also, HO has to print your certificate and send to the council which is delayed too. So the wait is not over after approval email. One step ahead though.

PS this topic is NOT to discuss ceremonies so desist from making any ceremony related questions please. Thanks

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:56 pm
@soul mickey

Post-covid, you get an approval letter sent via email. To attend the ceremony you also need a ceremony invitation letter from HO to book your ceremony which has massive backlog for 8-12 weeks. Also, HO has to print your certificate and send to the council which is delayed too. So the wait is not over after approval email. One step ahead though.

PS this topic is NOT to discuss ceremonies so desist from making any ceremony related questions please. Thanks

Thanks and NOTED on the topic (even though my question was not related to ceremonies)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:04 pm

soul_mickey wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 pm
Thanks and NOTED on the topic (even though my question was not related to ceremonies)
I may be missing the very obvious but isnt the HO approval used to book citizenship ceremonies?

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:04 pm
soul_mickey wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 pm
I may be missing the very obvious but isnt the HO approval used to book citizenship ceremonies?
i like your detective skills here ... but you missed out on the later part of the paragraph ... its like reading the first line of the story and deciding what the story was about ... question was more about difference between letters :D :D

What is the difference between the approval letter (is it by email now rather than by post?) and the invitation letter?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:14 pm

soul_mickey wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm
Maybe you need to check the topic first.
question was more about difference between letters
The topic is:

EvanEdinger
Newly Registered

Post by EvanEdinger » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Hey all!

I applied for my British Citizenship on June 15th.
Last week I decided to try downloading the IDV app just in case. It said my username wasn't on file.
2 days later I got the email that I was granted access to the IDV app.

I went through the process, took pictures of all my passport pages, submitted the required documents, and submitted through the app.

Now awaiting for a response like the rest of ya!

Application submitted - June 15th
IDV app invitation - August 28th
Documents submitted w/ app - August 29th

Southernman
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Southernman » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:47 pm
2 members have posted approvals after submitting biometrics via IDV app in less than 2 weeks. Submitted biometrics via IDV on 19th and 21st Aug. Thats good news.
Do you know what dates they applied? Someone mentioned there is a team processing idv data .I guess once it gets the greenlight ,they are working in order of application.I see gk642 applied in March.

qoolnaren
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by qoolnaren » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:52 am

Hello Friends,

Just for information.
Applied naturalisation online on 27 August 2020 17:59 and was waiting for UKVCAS IDV confirmation.
meanwhile also kept trying consistently every hour for online appointment but no luck.
Last evening around 10:03 got an email (part of email content highlighted in yellow) from UKVCAS. I guess it could be because my last biometric was done in 2014 during ILR application and so I am not eligible for IDV.

Good thing is that after last evening email received, there was plenty of slots available in various locations.
I have booked for 18 Sep-Luton.

"We are writing to you to confirm we received your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) application between 15 – 28 August 2020.
At that time, you were not able to book a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) appointment immediately due to the on-going impact of COVID-19.
We are delighted to let you know that you can now book an appointment at one of the UKVCAS Service Points so we can process and submit your supporting evidence to UKVI as part of your visa application
"

luckyshah
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by luckyshah » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am

Applied on 22nd May 2020 selected for IDV app but unfortunately still waiting for invitation. I am wondering if there is any one else in the list waiting that long and try to contact UKVCAS or Home office and got positive response?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 am

luckyshah wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am
Applied on 22nd May 2020 selected for IDV app but unfortunately still waiting for invitation. I am wondering if there is any one else in the list waiting that long and try to contact UKVCAS or Home office and got positive response?
Plenty of people waiting in all categories. Hang in there. You should receive it by 7 Sep.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am

luckyshah wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am
Wait till 7th Sep. If not, try to email:

UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk (its UKVACS yes) [applicants up to 31st July]

In the body of your email, include: name of applicant and UAN (Unique Application Number).

Try to DM UKVCAS twitter handle too after 7th Sep if needed.