ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Stamp4 visa continuity being outside of Country

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mango-Apple
Newly Registered
India

Ireland Stamp4 visa continuity being outside of Country

Post by Mango-Apple » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:21 am

Hi,
I am a non-EEA national who currently works in Dublin on critical skills work permit in an American MNC.
I am eligible to apply for Stamp4 letter in the month of May 2021 (after completing 21 months of stay in the state).

My employer wants me to relocate to the UK as soon as I get Stamp4.

I would like to keep my Stamp4 validity in Ireland while I will be working in the UK so that I can come back to Ireland before the stamp gets expired.

Please could you recommend me a possible approach which I can do it so legally. This will be a massive help for me. Many thanks ..

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Ireland Stamp4 visa continuity being outside of Country

Post by littlerr » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Every stamp comes with conditions. Stamp 4 holders from employment permits are required to be physically in Ireland for at least 9 months every year.

The only way to keep your stamp 4 while working elsewhere is to apply for IIP scheme. It allows approved applicants to be outside of the state for 364 days a year.

andy0222
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by andy0222 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:45 pm

That's not entirely true. There's no physical presence requirement for Stamp 4 deprived from work permit/CSEP. Many in my company are absent way more than 3 months pre-COVID, and the company also allows people to go back to home country since March with immigration attorney approved their cases.

The issue for the OP would come during renewals/border inspection, as he needs to be working in Ireland and he doesn't seem to have the intention to go back to Ireland for work.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:55 pm

andy0222 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:45 pm
Many in my company are absent way more than 3 months pre-COVID, and the company also allows people to go back to home country since March with immigration attorney approved their cases.
Did you just say that you're required to ask your company or a solicitor for a permission to visit your home country?
How bizarre :mrgreen:

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another" (Madonna )

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:00 pm

The OP was asking to do this *legally*, hence the only option is IIP. The fact that the border control did not manage to catch every single person that leaves the country for more than 3 months does not make it right.

Border controls normally don’t ask any questions at all. But when they do, these people will be in trouble.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:37 am

It's actually pretty simple to sum up....if you get a residence permission in Ireland, such as Stamp4, its permission for you to reside in Ireland If you move somewhere else, like the UK, and reside there, you are no longer residing in Ireland. So, you lose you residence permission.

This is of course an oversimplification, but it is essentially true.

andy0222
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by andy0222 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:55 pm
andy0222 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:45 pm
Many in my company are absent way more than 3 months pre-COVID, and the company also allows people to go back to home country since March with immigration attorney approved their cases.
Did you just say that you're required to ask your company or a solicitor for a permission to visit your home country?
How bizarre :mrgreen:

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another" (Madonna )
No one stops you from traveling home, but the company can stop hiring you ;) In this case, it’s extended WFH which has immigration and tax implications