ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by lucifer10896 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 pm
lucifer10896 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:56 pm
Hi all.
I want to ask is there any pattern that people used IDV app got any conformation or reply within 'X' days? . I applied for student visa, used IDV app on 30 August. I haven't got any reply or any kind of mail. My course starts on 29sep. What you recommend I should do?
You should probably write to HO. Add a cover letter. Mention your Case ID and details. Attach evidence for your course start date. They should expedite your case. Send via recorded delivery.
OK. Will do so. Thanks

RNasir
Newly Registered

Post by RNasir » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:51 pm

I applied for ILR SET(O) along with 3 children on 18/05, received IDV invite on 04/09 and submitted on the same day on 04/09. My 2 children are starting university from Mon, 21/09 and they will have to pay international fee if they don't have ILR status. I am hoping that the universities would do us favour if we get ILR within few days. Just wanted to check if there is some way to contact UKVI to request them to consider our case on priority?
Checked your forum and so booked for free appointment for Thu, 24/09 today as I have learned that people who went for in person appointment got quick decision.

yobo999
Newly Registered
China

Post by yobo999 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:53 pm

user5 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:53 pm
Hi all,

I made my application 11th Sep. No email but could access booking system just now.
Tip: try different service points (as others have mentioned) at first I thought the system wasn’t open to me as most service points in my area were showing ‘no appointments available’ due to lack of availability.

As I am in a rush I booked a paid appointment for next week in a center that’s not the quote convenient for me. But the earliest available in Sheffield was the 30th.
Does anyone know whether there is a way I can view other available appointments (to keep checking at midnight etc Incase of cancellations) if I retain my current booking?

Thanks
Me too, I can’t find any available appointment, it’s so strange, some people even can book early next week appointment

M555

Post by M555 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm

It seems that Most of the applicants did dual submission on their own initiative.
Just wanted to know if there is any one who was asked by UKVI/UKVCAS to book in person appointment after IDV submission ?
If yes , can they share what was the stared reason they were asked to do it and how long it was after IDV submission?

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:04 am
ruzfactor wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm
I have used the IDV app to submit my facial image on 6th Sept. It seems many have used IDV app, as well as physical appointment. I am a bit worried now as some of the SET LR cases that have received the decisions quickly were physical appointments. Should I be looking for an appointment? Any suggestions would be useful. :?
You can scroll back and read through the previous discussions and then make an informed decision.
Although the UKVCAS announcement (flash page) states that they send all the documents/info to UKVI within 24hrs of submission, I am wondering if I should book an appointment now. I haven't seen any one got decisions with IDV app for SET (LR) yet (?). However, my personal observation is that UKVI are processing applications with in-person biometric quicker (seen some cases in FB). Will there be any conflict if I go for in-person appointment even after submitting through IDV app two/three weeks ago? Thanks.

vivienne husky
Newly Registered
China

Post by vivienne husky » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Application made 8/9. Just found available local appointments (Newcastle and Sunderland) which weren't there two hours ago. Quite a few available slots for next week. Might worth refreshing the page to check for availability.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:20 pm

ruzfactor wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:04 am
ruzfactor wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm
I have used the IDV app to submit my facial image on 6th Sept. It seems many have used IDV app, as well as physical appointment. I am a bit worried now as some of the SET LR cases that have received the decisions quickly were physical appointments. Should I be looking for an appointment? Any suggestions would be useful. :?
You can scroll back and read through the previous discussions and then make an informed decision.
Although the UKVCAS announcement (flash page) states that they send all the documents/info to UKVI within 24hrs of submission, I am wondering if I should book an appointment now. I haven't seen any one got decisions with IDV app for SET (LR) yet (?). However, my personal observation is that UKVI are processing applications with in-person biometric quicker (seen some cases in FB). Will there be any conflict if I go for in-person appointment even after submitting through IDV app two/three weeks ago? Thanks.
Many have successfully done dual submission. There is no harm. It is your personal choice.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:21 pm

RNasir wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:51 pm
I applied for ILR SET(O) along with 3 children on 18/05, received IDV invite on 04/09 and submitted on the same day on 04/09. My 2 children are starting university from Mon, 21/09 and they will have to pay international fee if they don't have ILR status. I am hoping that the universities would do us favour if we get ILR within few days. Just wanted to check if there is some way to contact UKVI to request them to consider our case on priority?
Checked your forum and so booked for free appointment for Thu, 24/09 today as I have learned that people who went for in person appointment got quick decision.
You should probably write to HO. Add a cover letter. Mention your Case ID and details. Attach evidence for your course start date. They should expedite your case. Send via recorded delivery.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:09 am

if I do the IDV app and not go to the bio metrics centre will it take long?

will it hinder my application?

Also the next available in person appt for me is like 10 days away!

Dont understand this!!! did anyone get an in person appt sooner?

RNasir
Newly Registered

Post by RNasir » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:24 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:21 pm
RNasir wrote:
Many thanks @Cullinan, shall do so tomorrow morning

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:37 am

RIYER wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:09 am
if I do the IDV app and not go to the bio metrics centre will it take long?

will it hinder my application?

Also the next available in person appt for me is like 10 days away!

Dont understand this!!! did anyone get an in person appt sooner?
Try different centres. You may get a quicker appointment if you go for a paid appointment.

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tania10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:06 am

Just booked and paid for my biometrics appointment for the 29th of September. I submitted my online application on the 10th of September.
There are earlier dates too at Lansdowne Croydon so if you keep refreshing and checking, you might find a date.

Just a note that I didn’t get an invitation, I was just bored so I decided to check the website and I got a date. There are weekend dates available too.

Jsinn
Newly Registered

Post by Jsinn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:13 am

Hi All,
Wondering if someone can help on below.
I have applied my ILR SET (M) and today i got an invitation to use IDV, also i am able to book appointment

I chose to book appointment in person for next Friday.

My Questions are: -

1. Is there any specific way i need to opt out for IDV? Or just ignore it and book appointment.
2. I have uploaded documents to UKVCAS and do i need to take all original at the time of appointment?

Thanks in advance

Ashwin_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashwin_18 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:16 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:14 pm
I submitted my Set(O) T2G application on the 13th of September. Went for the standard procedure as that was the only existing option. i have also uploaded and submitted my documents in UKVCAS website on the 13th of Sep. Can i book for an appointment on the 21 of September. As new applicants from Sep 5 wont be receiving invites for IDV app does it mean the wait time is now reduced and we are able to book an appointment quicker.
Could someone explain please ? How does this work ?
Yes. You can book an appointment from 21st Sep. Even if you have already uploaded and submitted documents, you still have to attend an appointment to submit your biometrics.
thanks a lot for the reply.
If i understand this right this is now a relatively quicker process compared to waiting to receive an email regarding IDV and then book an appointment. Is it so ?
Correct. The UKVCAS is going back to normal routine on 21st Sep.
thanks mate. really appreciate your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 am

Jsinn wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:13 am
Hi All,
I have applied my ILR SET (M) and today i got an invitation to use IDV, also i am able to book appointment

1. Is there any specific way i need to opt out for IDV? Or just ignore it and book appointment.
2. I have uploaded documents to UKVCAS and do i need to take all original at the time of appointment?

Thanks in advance
1) No
2) Passport, appointment confirmation & originals (just to be on the safe side) only. No need to print any soft copies.

abc123456789
Newly Registered

Post by abc123456789 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:51 am

Are there anyone else in this forum who are July applicants and still waiting for decision like me ?

I applied for 5 year SET(O) with a dependant, went for biometrics appointment on 18th August, but haven't heard anything since then.

It seems that majority of people get their decisions within days...I'm getting really worried... :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 am

abc123456789 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:51 am
Are there anyone else in this forum who are July applicants and still waiting for decision like me ?

I applied for 5 year SET(O) with a dependant, went for biometrics appointment on 18th August, but haven't heard anything since then.

It seems that majority of people get their decisions within days...I'm getting really worried... :(
There are many in your boat.

Jsinn
Newly Registered

Post by Jsinn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:19 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 am
Jsinn wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:13 am
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
1) No
2) Passport, appointment confirmation & originals (just to be on the safe side) only. No need to print any soft copies.

Thanks for your reply, regarding originals, I have downloaded statements and utility bills so I don't have originals but I have uploaded to UKVCAS, do we really need originals? I have not chosen scanning and upload docs. Do they check originals?

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 am

Hi master Cullinan
I have a question on submission, if I pay & submit application on 20th Sep and say wait a week before booking appointment (wait to see just in case super-priority opens up) does that push back us in the queue ?

simply put, if I pay & submit application on 20th Sep - what difference will it make if I book appointment on 21st Sep or 28th Sep?

Thanks a lot

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 am

Are people still seeing open appointments at places like Lansdowne Road? I applied on 4 Sept, and haven't received the invite email from UKCVAS saying I can go in and book an appointment (or an invite to the app). Went onto the site today to see when I might expect it, and see I should have received it already! I have looked through every centre that is available 'near me' which is around 10 and it's showing no available appointments at any of them (inc Lansdowne Road). Not sure whether that's because there are no appointments or I'm just not eligible yet? Or alternatively, I'm incompetent and not using the site correctly?

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:47 am

RNasir wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:24 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:21 pm
RNasir wrote:
Many thanks @Cullinan, shall do so tomorrow morning
Hi Cullinan, RNasir, may I ask which address you use to contact HO regarding ILR applications? I am stuck with my SET(LR) application, urgently need the confirmation to start my new job. The only address I know is UKVI PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA. Any other suggestion? Many thanks

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am

For members who have already attended an in-person biometrics appointment:
How long did your appointment take?
I realise time would vary depending on application type, appointment type, and document scanning. I just want to gauge an approximate time so I can make a good guess as to what time I should book my return train (as an advance train would be much cheaper!).

I have an appointment at an ‘enhanced service point’ for 5pm next week. It is for SET (LR) and I have already scanned and submitted all my documents.

Thanks all

nevsito

Post by nevsito » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:04 am

user5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am
I realise time would vary depending on application type, appointment type, and document scanning. I just want to gauge an approximate time so I can make a good guess as to what time I should book my return train (as an advance train would be much cheaper!).

I have an appointment at an ‘enhanced service point’ for 5pm next week. It is for SET (LR) and I have already scanned and submitted all my documents.

Thanks all
Hello user5- my partners appt took 25 minutes- it's a fingerprint scan, photo, signature, and doc check. But if they are busy you might be in a queue that's one thing to bear in mind

Daffodil_23
Newly Registered
India

Post by Daffodil_23 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 am

Daffodil_23 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 am
I submitted my application on 17th July and submitted my biometrics via IDV route only on 31st August. I am still waiting.
UPDATE:
In-person biometrics (dual submission): 18/09/2020 (8.30am)
Approval received: 18/09/2020 (10.30am)

I had applied for Set (O). I needed an urgent decision and after viewing the development of this thread yesterday, I decided to book an in-person biometrics appointment for 8.30am today (18/09/2020) at Mark Lane, Tower Hill, London (£135). I received my approval TODAY itself at 10.30am ! Clearly, I cannot be 100% sure whether the swift decision was solely due to me opting for in-person biometrics, as I have done a dual submission. But even if the decision was as a result of my previous IDV submission, it is positive to see approvals are coming through.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 am

user5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am

Thanks all
So many people reported it should not take more than 10mn. Mine was on a Saturday they were really busy. I came 20mn before my scheduled appointment and waited in a queue outside. I had to wait for another 20mn from my scheduled appointment to start doing the bios and was done in 25mn as we struggled with my fingerprints (I have naturally dry fingers). So I would say consider this worst case scenario of 45mn from your scheduled time. Good luck!