ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Offer: Advice Needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

i_love_england
Newly Registered

Job Offer: Advice Needed

Post by i_love_england » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi,

I have just graduated from a UK university and my Student Visa expires in Jan'09. However, I have been applying for jobs and I am likely to be offered a job this coming monday (based on the feedback from the company).

However, the problem is, I am still on a student visa and in order to apply for a "post study work" visa, there is a min. requirement of £800 in your bank account for the last 3 months. I did not bother to maintain this earlier. However, I have now deposited £1500 in my account.

Now, this particular company is not likely to apply for a work permit (even though it is a fortune 500 company and hence there is a very small possibility that I may be able to negotiate this), and as I cannot apply for the post work study visa, I was just wondering if I am given a job offer, can I start before I have the post study work visa. I feel that if I have to wait for the 3 months the co. would withdraw the offer, as they need someone to start ASAP.

Any advice would be most appreciated as I feel like after so much hard work applying for jobs, I may end up losing my offer.

GIMS

Post by GIMS » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm

What do you mean you cant apply with 1500 pounds in your account?
That is more than enough.
Until end October 2008, you only need a one off amount of 800 pounds, as its a Transitional period.
Check the PSW section on the UKBA->Working in the UK.