ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:41 pm

Prince115 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 pm
Hi I made my application on the 9th of September for an upgrade to Settled status biometric card after granted ILR. Received a message on the 17th of September to enrol for Biometric via the IDV app, I made use of the app for my biometric and it was successful in terms of submission but reading messages in this forum about dual submission, I booked an in person appointment again on the 26th of September. Reading through this forum again, read dual submission might be a wrong approach. Do I cancel my in person booking and can I get a refund back if done before 48hrs or should I still go for biometric? Please I need help m. Thanks
Its totally your choice. Dual submission will not do any harm but note it might not make things quicker given you applied in Sep only. Dual submission seems to work for many who have waited long since March-Aug already.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Prince115
Newly Registered

Post by Prince115 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 pm

Thanks. But If I cancel my in person booking. Hope it doesn’t affect my submission on the IDV app? Just wondering if my new biometric booking could have override my submission on IDV app, so cancelling which I really want to do might take me to the beginning of starting All over again.

zizcoul
Newly Registered

Post by zizcoul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 pm

I applied on 20th August, used the reuse facility via the IDV app on 6th September and now booked an appointment for 5th October.
My worry is to know whether or not the the fact that I booked the appointment might delay my decision (if IDV had already made a decision or about to make it). From what I have read on this forum, I can't see anyone who did a dual submission (IDV then Physical appointment) and received an approval before the physical application.
Does anyone know if someone who used IDV first and booked an appointment subsequently received an approval before the appointment?

Thanks for all you contributions!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Prince115 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 pm
Thanks. But If I cancel my in person booking. Hope it doesn’t affect my submission on the IDV app? Just wondering if my new biometric booking could have override my submission on IDV app, so cancelling which I really want to do might take me to the beginning of starting All over again.
I have not experienced it myself but one of the members reported to book an appointment after IDV app and got a decision even before attending the appointment so cancelled the appointment then. I think it will not harm even if you cancel. But I can not say for sure as I have not done it myself. Wait if any other members confirm this having done it themselves.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Prince115
Newly Registered

Post by Prince115 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Thanks while await others experiences.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Prince115 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 pm
Thanks while await others experiences.
I am actually in the same boat. I have used IDV app and now booked an appointment after 3 weeks of wait. My appointment is on Friday. If I hear something before attending the appointment, I will update you about this science.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 pm

zizcoul wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 pm
I applied on 20th August, used the reuse facility via the IDV app on 6th September and now booked an appointment for 5th October.
My worry is to know whether or not the the fact that I booked the appointment might delay my decision (if IDV had already made a decision or about to make it). From what I have read on this forum, I can't see anyone who did a dual submission (IDV then Physical appointment) and received an approval before the physical application.
Does anyone know if someone who used IDV first and booked an appointment subsequently received an approval before the appointment?

Anyone in OP’s particular situation can you please update?

Prince115
Newly Registered

Post by Prince115 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 pm

@cullinan Thanks and you really been helpful. Wish you all the best in your application. 🥂

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Prince115 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 pm
@cullinan Thanks and you really been helpful. Wish you all the best in your application. 🥂
Thank you and welcome.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:01 pm

@Prince115
I had the same concern but see the following:

M555 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:14 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am
jigars143 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am
Following suggestions in forum from past few weeks, what if i book biometrics appointment for next weekend but i get a response before it, would i be able to get a refund? Maybe a silly question considering home office takes visa applications as money making machine, but still asking :)

Also, how do u get free biometrics appointments? Has anybody got any?
You should get a refund if you cancel outside the 48 hour window minus £10 admin charge.
Assuming you have submitted your biometrics via the IDV app, I am still unclear how the system would work if you book an appointment though, it might show your biometrics pending till then and you might only get a decision after attending the appointment.

One user has reported getting decision on 16/9/20 after IDV Biometrics. He had an in person appointment booked on 22/9/20 . He cancelled it.

Prince115
Newly Registered

Post by Prince115 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks, although still unclear but fingers crossed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:09 pm

Prince115 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 pm
Thanks, although still unclear but fingers crossed.
But I think, just booking an appointment will not override the biometrics submitted via the IDV app unless actually submitting the biometrics in person.

Its just a booking confirmation and I do not think this will be passed on to UKVI anyways before you actually submit in person.

So most likely, the IDV biometrics will carry on at normal pace and only overtaken by in-person biometrics at UKVCAS appointment itself. Thats my understanding after giving a second thought.

vab
Mood:
India

Post by vab » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:06 am

zizcoul wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi
I did Biometrics through app on 6 Sep and then booked in person appointment on 22 Sep. But i got my decision on 16 Sep so i cancelled my appintments. Booking appointment should not delay your decision. You are free to cancel if you get decision before appointment. It only cost you £10.
UKVI will not know unless you attend appointments.

vab
Mood:
India

Post by vab » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:10 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 pm
Prince115 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 pm
I have not experienced it myself but one of the members reported to book an appointment after IDV app and got a decision even before attending the appointment so cancelled the appointment then. I think it will not harm even if you cancel. But I can not say for sure as I have not done it myself. Wait if any other members confirm this having done it themselves.
Canceling appointment does not harm. But i advise you should attend if you do not get decision till then.

raghavsurya

Post by raghavsurya » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 am

Hi all,

I submitted biometrics via the IDV app on 16/09. I have also booked an appointment for 05-Oct to submit Biometrics in person. Can I still go ahead with the appointment or will it cause any issues?

afrikano
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by afrikano » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:45 am

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:59 am

MKC wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 pm
asap8 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:33 pm
MKC wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:26 pm
Hi, I booked a free appointment in Southampton because there wasn't any in Reading. Could someone please let me know if there is now availability in Reading? My appointment is on the 2nd of October.

Just wondering if I should cancel the existing, check the Reading center and rebook immediately if there isn't any slot in Reading :?

Thanks!

Reading is an enhanced appointment centre. All are paid for always, I think.
Thanks for the reply. I am happy to pay for a Reading appointment however there wasn't any available slots when I was booking.
Paid appointments are available at Reading from 6th October.

ss0809
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ss0809 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 am

Hi, I received an email from a caseworker asking for more info, specifically an SOC code in my employer letter.

However due to COVID my employer has shut down its HR phonelines and only sends auto-generated reference letters, which do not include SOC Codes.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with my case? I have explained such in my email back to caseworker but no response

Thanks!

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am

What is your visa category? If it is ILR after 5 years of Tier 2, the SOC should be in your previous COS.

cmy_6783
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by cmy_6783 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

cmy_6783 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm
I submitted my application on 29 March and submitted my biometrics via IDV route on 19 Aug.
No decision so far...
For those who are still waiting as well, hopefully soon we will all hear some good news :D
Just got my SET(M) approval email this morning. Thank you everyone on this forum. :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:27 am

raghavsurya wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 am
Hi all,

I submitted biometrics via the IDV app on 16/09. I have also booked an appointment for 05-Oct to submit Biometrics in person. Can I still go ahead with the appointment or will it cause any issues?
It will not cause any harm.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks @vab for confirming.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 am

post by Issue1985 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:27 am

Birmingham has got many free appointments starting from 5th October through to middle of November...

awesomeagni
Mood:

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:40 am

shohjura wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:37 pm
I noticed they send invites every thursday, like on 3rd, 10th and 17th sept.
Good luck
awesomeagni wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:28 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:16 pm
awesomeagni wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:13 pm
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 12 September 2020, please continue to check this page for updates. We will refresh this page over the next few days to let you know when you can book a UKVCAS appointment or use the IDV app.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Thanks CULLINAN .
I have seen this update.

Sopra Steria's update is confusing at best.

Last week, on one of their updates they had stated, applicants who have submitted their applications on or after 12/09/2020, would be able to book biometrc appointments straightaway on 21/09/2020, irrespective of whether they receive any email or not.
And UKVCAS said the same on Twitter (DM) too.

However, today when I had asked whether to look out for the service status message or whether the applicants will be notified by email - they replied "you will be notified by email".
The service status they have posted today contains virtually nothing for applicants who have submitted on or after 12/09/2020.

Guess waiting is the only option.

Thank you for the observation @shohjura :)

byhk672892
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by byhk672892 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 am

Hi, I applied on the 18th of August, T2G SET(O). However, I still haven’t received an email inviting me to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app. Is that waiting time normal? Does anyone else who applied in August have the same wait time? Thanks.