ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:56 am

user5 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:52 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:34 pm
One of the Reuse criteria

the new grant of leave must not exceed a period beyond 5 years from when the fingerprints were last enrolled – we do not want to delete fingerprints before

ILR BRP is dated till 31st Dec 2024 so go 5 years before that.

Maybe thats why.
I was actually confused about this. I last submitted my biometrics on 30th December 2019. My application is for ILR so that would mean the grant would exceed 5 years (even though by 1 day). Yet I still received an email for biometrics reuse via IDV app :?
It’s made me worry about my application! Has this happened to anyone else? That if their new leave is approved it would mean their biometrics were taken over 5 years ago?
Thanks!
This is a generic rule. Does not apply to everyone. If you are chosen for IDV. Its fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:34 pm
This is a generic rule. Does not apply to everyone. If you are chosen for IDV. Its fine.
Oh that’s a relief! Thank you CULLINAN for your continued help to all of us :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 am

All the new applicants (17th Sep onwards) who have access to the booking system.

Did you check if you have access to IDV also?

Since the availability for appointments seem to be after 2 weeks from today, why not check IDV app?

Suggestion: Submit via IDV app (if eligible) now and also keep your appointment if you wish.

Dual submission is not necessary but if I had to wait for my appointment for 2 weeks and was eligible for IDV - I would rather follow the above approach 😉
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:22 am

Morning guys,

Wanted to share my experience.

Applied for my ILR (Set (o) Tier 2, 5 year route) On 27/7. Went for my biometrics appointment on 09/09 in London. I have never used the app and opted out of re-use of biometrics at the beginning of August.
Last night, I was playing round on the UKVI website looking for a way to contact the HO. Even though I applied from within the UK, i managed to send an enquiry to the HO using the option of "applied from outside the uk" asking to look into my case. You have to pay £5.95 to send a request.

This morning i received my decision email from Atlas and the right to work page was updated almost immediately. I don't know if my paid enquiry played a part but it may have done so.

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:23 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 am
Whizart wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:27 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:26 pm
To put things to perspective, when you look at the approval timeframes, I feel UKVI is only processing April/May SET(LR) applicants now. The last two approvals reported on this forum have been May applicants.

Whereas, for SET(O) while there may be a minority of April/May applicants still waiting for a decision, September applicants have already started receiving decisions.

The backlog for SET(LR) application appears much longer. I understand HO have a 6 months SLA for standard route applications.
I am mentally preparing myself that my wait will enter 2021 given that I applied only end of August.
We cannot do anything other than hoping for more case workers prioritizing SET(LR) applications.
I applied for SET(LR) on 15th May. Also submitted my dual biometric on the "3rd September" Still waiting!

It is no secret that decision on SET(LR) Applications are taking longer than other routes. I've seen maximum 3 users on this thread reporting they've received their approval since March (Correct me if I'm wrong). Not sure if we can do anything about it. Hopefully the waiting will end soon.
There is no doubt from the stats we see on the forum that SET(LR) is progressing slower. Perhaps they are a minority among the other SETs and that is why we see less people reporting on the forum. I understand the peculiarity of each case but I also believe there are some factors that play in the slowness of the decision. I believe nationality plays a big role (Let us not forget the disgraced dearly beloved algorithm that UKVI had for visa application since 2015!)
Yes I agree. Ive noticed that trend too. However I have seen 2 applicants who applied in July and got biometrics in September who have received their decisions! So not too sure what they are doing. I hope because of not that many people applying that the backlog will clear quicker. Also applied July submitted in September and still waiting here!!

stargal87
South Africa

Post by stargal87 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 am
All the new applicants (17th Sep onwards) who have access to the booking system.

Did you check if you have access to IDV also?

Since the availability for appointments seem to be after 2 weeks from today, why not check IDV app?

Suggestion: Submit via IDV app (if eligible) now and also keep your appointment if you wish.

Dual submission is not necessary but if I had to wait for my appointment for 2 weeks and was eligible for IDV - I would rather follow the above approach 😉
I don't seem to have access to the IDV app, but I also never received any emails to book an appointment. Last time we had our biometrics taken was in September 2018.

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 am

Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 pm
For the biometric appointment, only the applicant is allowed or one person can accompany the applicant ?
My son was with me when I went for the appointment and was allowed without any probs.

iamthankful
Newly Registered

Post by iamthankful » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 am

stargal87 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:49 am
Hi all - I submitted my application on 22 September and was able to make an appointment now without getting an email! Booked free appointment in Cardiff for 12 October although there were some available on 5 October at £220 pp
Thank you so much for this. I applied 21/09 and I haven't had email from UKVCAS but after seeing your message, I logged in and was able to book appointment for 5th Oct.
FYI - There was 1st Oct appt available at Premium Lounge Mark Lane
Earliest at most other London locations was 5th October.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:46 am

Fears of potential local/national lockdown growing.. hope this does not affect the appointments.....

usernameg
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernameg » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:13 am

Anyone else noticed that from today, on the prove right to work website there is a 'I have a UK Visas and Immigration account' option. On entering my passport/BRP details, receiving a 'The details entered don't match our records' error.

Anyone else noticed that option and able to track their application using this option?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am

Just checked and there is no such option...would be helpful to post a screenshot maybe?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am

usernameg wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:13 am
Anyone else noticed that from today, on the prove right to work website there is a 'I have a UK Visas and Immigration account' option. On entering my passport/BRP details, receiving a 'The details entered don't match our records' error.

Anyone else noticed that option and able to track their application using this option?
I did few minutes ago and received same message: The details entered don't match our records

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am
Just checked and there is no such option...would be helpful to post a screenshot maybe?
Same here I cannot see this option and all looks same for me.

AprilAusApplicant
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by AprilAusApplicant » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:09 am
AprilAusApplicant wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:57 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:34 am
AprilAusApplicant wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:21 am
Morning guys,

Sorry - stupid question, but I can't find the sheffield mail address that's been spoken about anywhere? Further, how should I address any letter I send if I'm a Set (O) applicant using UK Ancestry?

Appreciate the help
This topic is only for biomteric or idv questions. You also cannot submit additional information or documents after your biometrics have been enrolled, which you appear to have already attended. All supporting documents needed to be dated on or before your online application submission date (6 April in your case) and documents uploaded digitally before biometrics appointment, 16th September in your case.

For a letter, which is not required, you can simply address it to :

UKVI
SET(O) Ancestry

To whom it may concern
Thanks, appreciate it.
Was just looking for the details as I'll send them a letter if I still haven't received a decision by 6 months, which is in a week or so.

Cheers again
You will unlikely get any response to a posted letter. You can call or email to follow up.

Applications rarely take 6 months anyway.
5 months and 18 days so far haha! :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:44 am

@AprilAusApplicant

Wait 12 more days before you write to them.

usernameg
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernameg » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am
ajitu92 wrote:

Disappeared for me too now. Think there was a bug on their website and they have fixed it. I see that option but if you answer 'Yes' to Do you have status under the EU Settlement Scheme?. This wasn't the case 30 minutes ago.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:54 am

usernameg wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 am
Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am
ajitu92 wrote:

Disappeared for me too now. Think there was a bug on their website and they have fixed it. I see that option but if you answer 'Yes' to Do you have status under the EU Settlement Scheme?. This wasn't the case 30 minutes ago.
I tried all possible combinations and didn't see anything. It's either a bug, or a live test (which is highly unlikely, but who knows)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ujeshaniere
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ujeshaniere » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:59 am

Alakazam wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:42 pm
Hi all

I saw a member ask the question a few days back about the email address from which the decision email comes. I did not see any response to that question.

What email address does the decision letter come from?

Alakazam
Email came from: home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.Uk

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:02 pm

usernameg wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:13 am

My ILR is in progress and get the same error as well. My employer did a an ECS check and it came back +ve with right to work upto 10th March 2021

ben2019
Newly Registered

Post by ben2019 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:05 pm

I tried the right to work system as standard and got “ We cannot show your details
To prove your right to work, show your employer your: ” It shown my right to work about 10min ago. What’s going on with it?

ben2019
Newly Registered

Post by ben2019 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 pm

ben2019 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:05 pm
I tried the right to work system as standard and got “ We cannot show your details
To prove your right to work, show your employer your: ” It shown my right to work about 10min ago. What’s going on with it?
Ignore me, back to normal now.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 pm

ben2019 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 pm
ben2019 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Ignore me, back to normal now.
We sabotaged their Right to Work verification system as everyone is refreshing the page every 10mn :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:18 pm

this is the error I guess

We cannot show your details
To prove your right to work, show your employer your:

EU, EEA or Swiss passport or national identity card
biometric residence document
or other identity documents
If you have applied to extend your stay

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:45 pm

today I had a call with UKVCAS regarding IDV app and checked whether my biometrics submission was successful; UKVCAS confirmed that the application was submitted successfully and it is now with UKVI.
if that is the case, what difference can in person submission make on the application timeline after one has already submitted biometrics through IDV? Are there any additional checks UKVI is making to verify that IDV submission was valid?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:48 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:45 pm
today I had a call with UKVCAS regarding IDV app and checked whether my biometrics submission was successful; UKVCAS confirmed that the application was submitted successfully and it is now with UKVI.
if that is the case, what difference can in person submission make on the application timeline after one has already submitted biometrics through IDV? Are there any additional checks UKVI is making to verify that IDV submission was valid?
Possibly yes, IDV passes from some extra layers of security before passing onto the CW. But if you applied in Sep, highly likely you will not benefit from dual submission anyways. Dual submission seems to work for majority who have been waiting for long since March-July and interim decisions are already made before biometrics.