ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU driving licence after brexit transition

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tirinti
Mood:

EU driving licence after brexit transition

Post by Tirinti » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:09 am

Does anyone know if my Polish driving licence will be valid in UK after Brexit transition period? I'm waiting for my citizenship ceremony and it will probably take another few months. I planed to apply for driving licence test after getting citizenship, but now I thinking about applying without waiting. I know I can replace my EU licence to UK licence, but I want to keep my Polish licence as the UK licence might not be valid in EU if not just after the Brexit it might happened later.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EU driving licence after brexit transition

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:06 pm

This has nothing to do with citizenship.

If there is a deal with the EU, this will probably include driving licenses recognition. If not, you will have to exchange your Polish license against a British one.

But you can still wait until it becomes clearer;