ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fx125

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by fx125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:33 am

Hi,

As London is now entering Tier 2 and the rest of UK are in different Tiers, do you think that the situation will impact UKVCAS appointments like what we have seen in Mar-Jun? I feel that it shouldnt because current restrictions are mostly on social life, not business activity? Also the centres are not closed like Mat-Jun?

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:50 am

Just taught I should share this if this is of topic I apologies,

Good news for Partner visa applicants: the Covid-19 income concession now applies for the period 1 March 2020 - 1 January 2021. If your sponsor's income fell below the Appendix FM threshold in this time, you can still proceed with your UK visa application see document below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

ALIADNAN770

Post by ALIADNAN770 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 pm

hello all Masters,

My Ex Got her visa in Aprl/May 2018 and due to expire on 4th November 2020 with no public funds

She been registered as disable person with DWP and local council.

She did applied for grant of public fund on base her disability and no income which been approved in June 2020 and issued her new BRP card but expire on same date 4th November 2020

She applied for Fee waiver which been granted to her in start of september 2020.

Now she did applied her 1st extension on 19/09/2020 but she didnt get any option to book an appointment on final page of her application. She keep calling UKVCAS and Home office as well but they are unable to help her. This is the message on FURTHER ACTION page

You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

Can anybody advise in this regards please how can she get an appointment because she is a disable lady and now she is worried about extension. Untill when she could able to book appointment. any help will be appriciated.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:10 pm

One user posted in the time line section applying SET (O) on 7th Oct and getting an ILR in in 7 days, must be a record. maybe UKVI have hired new and "efficient" staff :idea:

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 pm

[/quote]
debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:10 pm
One user posted in the time line section applying SET (O) on 7th Oct and getting an ILR in in 7 days, must be a record. maybe UKVI have hired new and "efficient" staff :idea:
Yeah that seems to be a record (5 working days). I applied on 1st but still awaiting biometrics appointment at the same location as this applicant. I think one other applicant applied and got an appointment the day after next and got a decision in a week.

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:47 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:10 pm
OMG, UKVI indeed is not predictable. I'm becoming more and more worried as I hear nothing back since submitting biometrics in person on 10th Sept. I'm SET(O) as well

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:16 pm

One month passed since I applied and still no decision on my application; has anyone tried to reply back on UKVI Delay Notice email to check for application progress?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:23 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:16 pm
One month passed since I applied and still no decision on my application; has anyone tried to reply back on UKVI Delay Notice email to check for application progress?
Why dont you try and be the first one to let us know if it works?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:32 pm

I have just sent email to WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk and asked for application status. Let's see if I will get any response.

#Update

Received automated reply:

"This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.

Emails to this inbox should only relate to open Tier 2 or 5 applications made from within the United Kingdom where a decision is still to be made.

Any other queries will not be responded to.

If your query is related to any other matter please visit our website at the following address
".

my application is Set (O) T2G 5 year route; I don't think I will get any response from UKVI on my email...

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:33 am
All decisions have slowed down, I guess UKVI will milk the COVID-19 excuse further since lockdown might be evident again, not good, disappointing :?
Its evident from the cases reported on forum. I feel UKVI is planning to use COVID as further excuse to delay already delayed applications. :)

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:20 pm

gyanp wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:00 pm
kiss300 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:27 pm
gyanp wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:34 pm
Hello Everyone,
Below are my son's details. He is 17 years old and applying for medicine course in one of the UK university. Deadline is 15th Oct 2020 for academic year starting on sep-2021.
I applied for his ILR on 11th Aug 2020 and in person biometric completed on 25th Sep.
His University has asked for resident permit that shows his status as settled so that he can be considered as Home student (annual fees 9500 GBP) otherwise he will be considered as an international student (fees 37,500 GBP).
Eventhough overall admission process starts in Oct offers to students will be given in Feb-2021 / Mar-2021.
I hope my son will get his ILR in coming weeks. However any suggestion that can help expediting his ILR application will be extremely helpful.
I will also discuss matter with university to consider his case and accept UAN number as an evidence of ILR application.
You need to send an email to home office detailing your situation. Also, contact your MP with this evidence and let them escalate your situation. Either is fine but I will go with MP.
Thanks for your advice. I have sent letter to my local MP and will also write to HO.
I got response from my MP. UKVI declined to expedite my son's case. They said, only life/death related cases are being considered as critical to expedite ILR application. Since my son's case was education does not fall in this category. They declined to expedite it. He is LR case. Just sharing this outcome so that it may help others.

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have been a silent reader of this forum and i have received much help from every one specially cullinan. I just wanted to share my timeline here for my Set LR.

Applied 04 July
IDV opt out: 06-07-2020
In person biometrics London premium lounge: 26-08-2020
Approval received: 15-10-2020
Days taken from the date of application: 104 Days
My case was very simple, been with same sponsor for last 10 years.

To everyone who is waiting for their decision, please do not worry and stop thinking about it because there is nothing in our hands. Refreshing email app on idiot-phone or checking right to work status each day wouldn't help. Just hold on and forget that you applied and good news will be there for you :)

ssasi2020

Post by ssasi2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:27 pm

I applied on 10 September, got invitation on 18 September for idv app. Instead i booked appointment for 28 September. Today i checked the idv app just to see what it says in my account, documents was submitted. But id verification section was saying incomplete( picture of face and travel documents both section) . Now i uploaded both and its completed and ticked green. I guess its a dual submission now.
I wonder why id verification section was saying incomplete!
I am just thinking if anybody got idv invitation must complete idv app, and f2f appointment is optional. ( otherwise why would it say id verification incomplete even after attending f2f).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:29 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:27 pm
I applied on 10 September, got invitation on 18 September for idv app. Instead i booked appointment for 28 September. Today i checked the idv app just to see what it says in my account, documents was submitted. But id verification section was saying incomplete( picture of face and travel documents both section) . Now i uploaded both and its completed and ticked green. I guess its a dual submission now.
I am just thinking if anybody got idv invitation must complete idv app, and f2f appointment is optional. ( otherwise why would it say id verification incomplete even after attending f2f).
If you already attended an appointment, you should not have done anything else. You can use IDV app first and then go for an appointment, this is the first one when you went for appointment first and used IDV after.

You went for an appointment, its normal what you saw on the IDV app. Not sure how you submitted via IDV app AGAIN!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi Mods and Gurus,

I have an appointment for Application A, now I dont need it for application A anymore but for application B, so UKVCAS advised me to cancel the booking and immediately book it under application B. My concern is the newly-released slot will not show up right away but will be released next day together with new slots. Anyone have insights about this?

Thanks so much.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:33 pm

fx125 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi Mods and Gurus,

I have an appointment for Application A, now I dont need it for application A anymore but for application B, so UKVCAS advised me to cancel the booking and immediately book it under application B. My concern is the newly-released slot will not show up right away but will be released next day together with new slots. Anyone have insights about this?

Thanks so much.
Please continue in your own thread. Your half stories will lead you to get improper advice. You must submit biometrics for any application for it to be valid first before varying!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:35 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Hi Everyone,
I have been a silent reader of this forum and i have received much help from every one specially cullinan. I just wanted to share my timeline here for my Set LR.

Applied 04 July
IDV opt out: 06-07-2020
In person biometrics London premium lounge: 26-08-2020
Approval received: 15-10-2020
Days taken from the date of application: 104 Days
My case was very simple, been with same sponsor for last 10 years.

To everyone who is waiting for their decision, please do not worry and stop thinking about it because there is nothing in our hands. Refreshing email app on idiot-phone or checking right to work status each day wouldn't help. Just hold on and forget that you applied and good news will be there for you :)
Congratulations! Please update the timeline thread at the top of the board with these details as well :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ssasi2020

Post by ssasi2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:29 pm
ssasi2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:27 pm
If you already attended an appointment, you should not have done anything else. You can use IDV app first and then go for an appointment, this is the first one when you went for appointment first and used IDV after.

You went for an appointment, its normal what you saw on the IDV app. Not sure how you submitted via IDV app AGAIN!
Hi, but i got concerned when i saw ' incomplete ' on id verification section.
I had app installed on my phone. I logged in and i saw on my account which said documents submitted. But in id verification section, it said incomplete, so i just followed taking pictures of me and my passport.
i thought there is no harm doing it, it could be the case that case worker waiting for me to complete that. lol

fx125

Post by fx125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:33 pm
fx125 wrote:
Hi Mods and Gurus,

Thanks so much.
Please continue in your own thread. Your half stories will lead you to get improper advice. You must submit biometrics for any application for it to be valid first before varying!
Apologies, I thought questions about biometric appointments should be in this thread (while my thread is about ILR general question). Anw, I clarify my previous as belows.

I made an application to replace BRP in Jul, opted for IDV and waited for 1.5m after IDV submission but havent heard from UKVI. Then I became ILR eligible and urgently needed to apply ILR for job offer. And despite BRP card is not required for ILR application, I kinda panicked so booked an in-person appointment. Now the IDV result came before the appointment so I want to use this already paid appointment for ILR application. So UKVCAS said I should cancel it and re-book but I concerned I wouldnt see the slot until next morning? Any insights?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:44 pm

@sassi
It would show the same for anyone who went for appointment and not idv app. The documents showed submitted as the replica what your UKVCAS account would show.

PS. I reckon you were only able to upload your photo and liveliness check or were you also able to submit via IDV app?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:45 pm

fx125 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:33 pm
fx125 wrote:
Hi Mods and Gurus,

Thanks so much.
Apologies, I thought questions about biometric appointments should be in this thread (while my thread is about ILR general question). Anw, I clarify my previous as belows.

I made an application to replace BRP in Jul, opted for IDV and waited for 1.5m after IDV submission but havent heard from UKVI. Then I became ILR eligible and urgently needed to apply ILR for job offer. And despite BRP card is not required for ILR application, I kinda panicked so booked an in-person appointment. Now the IDV result came before the appointment so I want to use this already paid appointment for ILR application. So UKVCAS said I should cancel it and re-book but I concerned I wouldnt see the slot until next morning? Any insights?
Although this topic is to discuss biometrics, NO one knows what A and B is. Maybe not all can even figure out that you applied for variation. Its best to keep such questions in your own topic, with full history, so you can can proper advice.

Edit: see even I got it wrong as your initial post was incomplete.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-ilr-q ... l#p1946112

ssasi2020

Post by ssasi2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:55 pm

PS. I reckon you were only able to upload your photo and liveliness check or were you also able to submit via IDV app?
[/quote]

Yes i was only able to upload. Submit button is disabled now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:59 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:55 pm

So its no use then anyways. Your application is already completed when you attended your appointment. Do not play with IDV app.

ssasi2020

Post by ssasi2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:01 pm

[/quote]

So its no use then anyways. Your application is already completed when you attended your appointment.
[/quote]

Cool. Thanks.

gabidzas

Post by gabidzas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:03 pm

Not sure whether it's related to my previous email to UKVI, but I received following email from UKVCAS:

Dear Lead Applicant,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are writing to let you know that UKVI have asked us to cancel your UKVCAS appointment.

This is because UKVI's records show that you have successfully submitted your application through the IDV app and that your application is in progress. As a result, you do not need to attend a UKVCAS appointment.

If you selected a chargeable appointment, the price of the appointment will be refunded to you.

I was planning dual submission after sending selfie via IDV app, but my in person appointment is now cancelled.