ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few asylum related questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fictionalwriter
Newly Registered

A few asylum related questions

Post by Fictionalwriter » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:51 am

First of all, I want to appreciate the support you are providing for people in need.

My request is a little bit unique. I want to clarify a few points on immigration matters.

I am currently working on a fictional work which surrounds an asylum seeker life. I did some research on the subject to make some facts clear, but it is a complex area. I would appreciate your help with the following questions.

1- In case a person escapes from a war-torn country and trying to enter the UK. Most likely, he will cross the border illegally. So, how would he declare himself to the Home office? Would he go to the Home Office to report himself personally; would it be a police station; or by filling a form?
2- When he registers the case, how long will it take for the Home Office to decide his case?
3- As I understand, he would not be allowed to work when his case is under consideration, right? Therefore, he can get some money and accommodation. Let's assume, if he is caught by the Home Office while working, would he be deported? If yes, can his deportation be stopped?
4- How many interviews the Home Office will conduct to assess his case?
5- Do immigration officers use mimicking, intimidation, F words etc in the interview? I guess officers in the detention centre do?
6- Is there any way to stop the detainee from being deported/removed by hiring a defence lawyer?
7- Is the detainee allowed to communicate on the phone with someone outside the detention centre?
8- Is it possible that the detainee knows about his flight schedule?
9- If it is on a commercial flight, would the detainee be able to know in advance about the flight?
10- If removed by the Home Office, can he be returned by marrying a British born girl?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: A few asylum related questions

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:15 pm

I think you should disclose (without giving personal details) your role, what you generally write about, type of publications or media outlets you write for, etc etc. You are asking questions here most of us won't have the answer to. Perhaps it might be better you contact UK charities that support refugees and asylum seekers.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Fictionalwriter
Newly Registered

Re: A few asylum related questions

Post by Fictionalwriter » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:20 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:15 pm
I think you should disclose (without giving personal details) your role, what you generally write about, type of publications or media outlets you write for, etc etc. You are asking questions here most of us won't have the answer to. Perhaps it might be better you contact UK charities that support refugees and asylum seekers.
Hi, As I said, I am working on a fictional work (novel). The novel is expected to highlight the issues and hardships immigrants faces. The protagonist in the novel is an immigrant. The reason I am asking these question because they are parts of the plot. I want to create a picture which is based on the realities.