ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification needed on few questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Clarification needed on few questions

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Doing some research on the forum, your passport and settled status reference number is enough to prove it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 am

Thank you for looking for that info for me :)

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Hello!
How do people manage to scan all of their passport and still be within 6MB limit?
I tried going grayscale, I tried going 150dpi (the minimum they ask for), and the lowest I got was 7.1MB. I'm concerned if it's too blurry if I go lower than 150dpi they recommend.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:46 pm

ThePolishGal wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:31 pm
Hello!
How do people manage to scan all of their passport and still be within 6MB limit?
I tried going grayscale, I tried going 150dpi (the minimum they ask for), and the lowest I got was 7.1MB. I'm concerned if it's too blurry if I go lower than 150dpi they recommend.
Maybe depends on the scanner? I scanned all mine in colour, lots of pages, and it was a very small size in the end anyway. Did you convert to PDF? I think in PDF you can make it smaller

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:39 pm

ThePolishGal wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:31 pm
Hello!
If you can not contain the size under 6MB, make two or three files per passport. Does not matter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ThePolishGal
Poland

Post by ThePolishGal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 am

I re-scanned the passport in greyscale and 150dpi (the minimum required) again, only selecting passport area to be scanned, pressing passport hard against the scanner. Got it to be 5,978,834 bytes (6 MB on disk) so just about! Not sure why so big in general though.

Documents submitted yesterday :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:35 am

ThePolishGal wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 am
I re-scanned the passport in greyscale and 150dpi (the minimum required) again, only selecting passport area to be scanned, pressing passport hard against the scanner. Got it to be 5,978,834 bytes (6 MB on disk) so just about! Not sure why so big in general though.

Documents submitted yesterday :)
Great. Keep us posted. Good Luck!!