ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can apply visit visa instead of OCI for new born child in India after getting British passport??

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ajay009

Can apply visit visa instead of OCI for new born child in India after getting British passport??

Post by Ajay009 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Baby's father holds British passport when the baby born in India and Baby's mother is Indian passport holder.

We both came to India in Feb-2020 & due to Covid-19 our return flight got cancelled in March and after a while we were blessed with a baby girl in June-2020 in India.

Based on my status, by birth baby is British so, I have applied British passport to my child in Aug-2020 & I think it takes a bit longer to get British passport.

Here my query is:
1. Once my child gets British passport, to enter UK....can I apply for visit visa to my child instead of OCI(which takes further long) from India please ?
2. Or once my child gets British passport can she enter the UK with British passport and then apply for OCI from UK ?

Can anyone suggest me please.

Ajay009

Re: Can apply visit visa instead of OCI for new born child in India after getting British passport??

Post by Ajay009 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:19 pm

Can any OP or Moderators suggest me above my queries please...........

I want to bring my child to UK once my gets British passport

anv1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can apply visit visa instead of OCI for new born child in India after getting British passport??

Post by anv1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:05 pm

I think once your child gets the British passport, you need to apply for a residence permit and exit clearance certificate. Another option would be to apply for OCI.

Ajay009

Post by Ajay009 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi anv1,
Thank you for your reply.
If I apply for OCI, it will take further long......

If I apply for residence permit & exit clearance certificate, will it take long time to get those ?
Do I have to apply exit clearance certificate from UK or from India please ?

Ajay009

Post by Ajay009 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:38 pm

anv1,
I think you were in same situation, which process did you choose ? Is your child back to UK ?

anv1
Newly Registered
India

Post by anv1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Residence permit & exit clearance certificate need to be applied for the child in India, this is to legalize the child’s stay in India.
Without the exit clearance certificate the child cannot leave India. Get in touch with your FRRO as soon as your child gets the passport. I think it will be quicker than getting the OCI.

I’m in a similar situation, but took a different route, which is Indian passport and ROA visa.

Ajay009

Post by Ajay009 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi anv1,
Thank you for your valuable information bro. I'll contact FRRO soon
Residence permit & exit clearance certificate both can be applied through FRRO once my child get British passport only isn't it ? Or only exit clearance from FRRO please ?
On your case, how long does it took to get ROA visa ? just for information i'm asking.

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:03 am

Ajay009 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi anv1,
Thank you for your reply.
If I apply for OCI, it will take further long......

If I apply for residence permit & exit clearance certificate, will it take long time to get those ?
Do I have to apply exit clearance certificate from UK or from India please ?
Obviously India - you are exiting India. Your baby would have a passport that Indian immigration would have no records of entry.

When you you plan to return to India? The OCI generally takes 2 months at least for minors. You're better off getting the OCI paperwork complete.