ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering more than one foreign birth

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

citygent
Newly Registered

Registering more than one foreign birth

Post by citygent » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know if it's possible to register 3 children at the same time, based on my citizenship, as each application requires my original birth certificate and my dad's birth certificate (I was born in UK). I know I'll have to do 3 separate online applications but can I put all these in one envelope with the aforementioned original documentation? Otherwise, on current timescales it could be 6 years or more before child number 3 receives citizenship.
Thanks in advance
Colum

jove42
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Registering more than one foreign birth

Post by jove42 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:26 pm

citygent wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:41 pm
Hi,
Does anyone know if it's possible to register 3 children at the same time, based on my citizenship, as each application requires my original birth certificate and my dad's birth certificate (I was born in UK). I know I'll have to do 3 separate online applications but can I put all these in one envelope with the aforementioned original documentation? Otherwise, on current timescales it could be 6 years or more before child number 3 receives citizenship.
Thanks in advance
Colum
Yes, it's possible. My sister and I applied simultaneously from the US using the same documentation for our mother and grandfather.

When I assembled everything, I clipped each set of documents for each individual together into four separate stacks with a cover sheet for each set listing what documents were included. On the sets of documents for myself and my sister, I also referenced our individual application numbers. Then I enclosed it all in one envelope with a cover letter explaining that we were both applying to the FBR, again listing what was included in each set of documents, and also referencing our application numbers in the letter.

Sending the documentation for multiple applications simultaneously posed no problems whatsoever for us.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

citygent
Newly Registered

Post by citygent » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi - thanks so much for your response. That's good news. I know they're not processing applications at the moment because of Covid but at least I can get the applications in the system.
Thanks again.

saddleback
Israel

Post by saddleback » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:55 pm

citygent wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi - thanks so much for your response. That's good news. I know they're not processing applications at the moment because of Covid but at least I can get the applications in the system.
Thanks again.
I am not sure but I have another reading of the information found on their website.

"Applications that have been sent to the FBR team have been securely held and will now be processed in strict date order"

https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/born-abr ... ign-birth/