ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

interview under old law

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ravisharma
Newly Registered

interview under old law

Post by ravisharma » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:55 pm

My PR application is now finalised to get treated under former laws and an interview is scheduled very soon as per CIC Delhi letter. Under Old laws my score was more than 75. But I fetch only 61 points under new laws. I know I will clear through interview, but still i want to know my situation from an expert's view.

ravisharma
Newly Registered

Re: interview under old law

Post by ravisharma » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:36 pm

ravisharma wrote:My PR application is now finalised to get treated under former laws and an interview is scheduled very soon as per CIC Delhi letter. Under Old laws my score was more than 75. But I fetch only 66 points under new laws. I know I will clear through interview, but still i want to know my situation from an expert's view.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:39 pm

The Visa Officer will be reviewing your application with you in particular those areas where the documents you submitted have not helped him/her decide your case conclusively. This may be your educational or work experiences including that up to date but may also be related to family members as well as those plans you have made for settling in Canada or your financial capability. Perhaps you have applied at a visa office which did not serve your country of residence and/ or nationality which was allowed under the previous immigration act - such applicants have historically got interviewed because the visa office is not familiar with your documents. In short you could be asked any question in relation to your application - its too late to get your CAIPS notes which would have indicated the visa officer's concerns. You must take in all the original documents stated on the interview letter.

Good Luck

robert52
Newly Registered

Post by robert52 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:32 pm

ravisharma
Newly Registered

Post by ravisharma » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:15 pm

What would happen if I write IELTS to gain more points?