ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second time citizenship application.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Second time citizenship application.

Post by NasirNI » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:05 am

Hi to all ,
I had applied for naturalisation in 2014 and got the letter of rejection in 2017.
On the basis of irish child,blood association .
The rejection was that my stay in belfast Northern Ireland was not rekonable stay.

I applied again in 20/10/2020 but no letter of confirmation came is this normal are they still processing applications

I still stay in Northern Ireland now I have the ilr so thought I will give it a try again. Is there any one here who applied second time and was successful.

saddleback
Israel

Re: Second time citizenship application.

Post by saddleback » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:00 am

NasirNI wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:05 am
Hi to all ,
I had applied for naturalisation in 2014 and got the letter of rejection in 2017.
On the basis of irish child,blood association .
The rejection was that my stay in belfast Northern Ireland was not rekonable stay.

I applied again in 20/10/2020 but no letter of confirmation came is this normal are they still processing applications

I still stay in Northern Ireland now I have the ilr so thought I will give it a try again. Is there any one here who applied second time and was successful.
you do not state whether you reside in the State or NI (UK). I am not sure how your UK-issued Indefinite Leave to Remain is material to your application for naturalisation as time spent in UK (NI) continues to be non-reckonable. I am aware however, that your children born in UK/NI to you, in the view of your ILR, will become Irish by birth.

I would love to see more responses but have no consolation to you over your current situation.

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Post by NasirNI » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:11 am

Thanks for the reply . I came on a working holiday visa fir 2 years to belfast uk . And got various visas and stayed legally over 10 years . So I got ilr on basis of 10 years long term stay uk.
I have 2 child born in belfast uk they both have irish passports by birth .
I heard people claiming naturalisation on the basis of irish child blood association.
But at the time I applied in 2014 I was under immigration control on a visa . The rejection was that the stay in belfast was not rekonable .
But uk gave me ilr on basis of legal 10 year stay .

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Only people who are married to an Irish citizen can count their stay in Northern Ireland as reckonable residence.