ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by raghuy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:12 pm

jackyuan1017 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:05 pm
I had my biometric appointment on 27 Oct for Set (o) under T2G 5 years. Anyone on the same boat but still waiting?

I am considering resign right now regardless of when I receive the approval, but just hope the resignation won't impact the ILR application as my employer will have to notify the Home Office. Anyone knows about the immigration legal details in regards to resigning while ILR is still being considered?
I have submitted my biometrics on the same date. No updates from HO. Have you received any delay notificarion email after biometric submission?

jackyuan1017
Newly Registered
China

Post by jackyuan1017 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:16 pm

raghuy wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:12 pm
jackyuan1017 wrote:
I had my biometric appointment on 27 Oct for Set (o) under T2G 5 years. Anyone on the same boat but still waiting?

I am considering resign right now regardless of when I receive the approval, but just hope the resignation won't impact the ILR application as my employer will have to notify the Home Office. Anyone knows about the immigration legal details in regards to resigning while ILR is still being considered?
I have submitted my biometrics on the same date. No updates from HO. Have you received any delay notificarion email after biometric submission?
No correspondence from them at all. I missed a call the other day dialed in from the Gravesend area but not sure if that's Home Office. Looks like applications via UKVCAS biometrics is slowed down after the lockdown.

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:07 pm
jackyuan1017 wrote:

You should not resign before your ILR is approved and you have the ILR BRP in hand.

Please keep your non-biometrics questions in your own thread. Create a new thread in the ILR forum. This thread is to discuss biometrics related topics only.

Hi Cullinan, sorry to budge into this- but this caught my attention!
I am awaiting my ILR LR. But I will be leaving my company December 2nd already.
I thought that wasn't an issue with Home Office and legal issues as I had completed my 10 years and all?
Maybe my situation is different than T2G was 5 years?
Pls let me know!
Kind Regards.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:33 pm

This is the only reason why it is always advised to keep case specific questions in your own thread as it can easily cause confusion for many readers. You are expected to employed with the same employer for Tier2 unlike LR. LR is solely based on 10 years lawful residence.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:34 pm

jackyuan1017 wrote:

I am also in the same boat. I have a new employer that wants me to start but I am unsure when I can hand notice to my current employer....any advice?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:35 pm

azLondon2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:34 pm
jackyuan1017 wrote:

I am also in the same boat. I have a new employer that wants me to start but I am unsure when I can hand notice to my current employer....any advice?
Please keep this question in your own thread! This is a topic to discuss biometrics related issues.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:52 pm
azLondon2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:51 pm
Hi All,
I have applied for SET (O) on Nov 2, 2020 and I have my UKVCAS appointment on Nov 16, 2020. I am having to travel all the way to Manchester from London because after many attempts of finding an appointment the soonest I could find was in Manchester.

I am wondering with lockdown 2.0 currently underway, how long does it take from your UKVCAS decision to the final decision on ILR?

I wanted to apply for super priority services, but as that is not an option I am trying to understand how long (approx) I have to wait for the home office to make a final decision?

Thanks! :)
Follow the timeline thread. It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html
Is there any place to check status of your application? Or average wait time?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:36 pm

No. Follow the timeline thread for an idea.

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:33 pm
This is the only reason why it is always advised to keep case specific questions in your own thread as it can easily cause confusion for many readers. You are expected to employed with the same employer for Tier2 unlike LR. LR is solely based on 10 years lawful residence.
ok Cullinan! Thank you very much! Appreciate the quick response! If I have any more questions I will create a separate thread!

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:34 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 pm
Ameline wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:02 pm
Fz420 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:51 pm
Ameline wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm

In addition to two IDV only Set(O) reported just right now in this forum - 02 Aug and 06 Aug -

So not bad really for Monday...
Set LR 18th aug ..still waiting.....is there any approval after 16th aug application
Latest reported was 16th Aug, you will be next! I would say you would get yours before the end of the week :)
That would be my best birthday gift ever ...if I get it this week ..finger crossed..
Your Bday gift is on the waaaaay :lol: They reached 18/08 this afternoon. Please keep us updated.

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Fz420 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:00 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:34 pm
Fz420 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
Fz420 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Set LR 18th aug ..still waiting.....is there any approval after 16th aug application
Latest reported was 16th Aug, you will be next! I would say you would get yours before the end of the week :)
That would be my best birthday gift ever ...if I get it this week ..finger crossed..
Your Bday gift is on the waaaaay :lol: They reached 18/08 this afternoon. Please keep us updated.
I will update ...I m so excited and nervous too...hope for positive

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:13 pm

I was checking the right to work website today and it said “there is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK”! :D My lawyers are not replying yet so I have not yet received any decision emails, but fingers crossed it will be forwarded soon! Can’t believe I’m close to the end of this wait!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:16 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:13 pm
I was checking the right to work website today and it said “there is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK”! :D My lawyers are not replying yet so I have not yet received any decision emails, but fingers crossed it will be forwarded soon! Can’t believe I’m close to the end of this wait!
Your ILR is approved then.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:00 pm
Ameline wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:34 pm
Fz420 wrote:
Ameline wrote:

I will update ...I m so excited and nervous too...hope for positive
I understand. My friend applied on 18/08 and I have the same feeling for him.
Wonder how I'll feel when my application's decision is about to be made :x
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:16 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Must have been! Exciting times! Waiting for the approval email now to see it with my own eyes, and , ultimately, for the BRP now. Wondering how that will play out with my lawyers...

I will post in the timeline thread once I receive the approval email.

jackyuan1017
Newly Registered
China

Post by jackyuan1017 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:27 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:
Must have been! Exciting times! Waiting for the approval email now to see it with my own eyes, and , ultimately, for the BRP now. Wondering how that will play out with my lawyers...

Congrats! That's great relief now. So when you check online did you choose "I have a UK VI account" and input your passport number and DoB to do the check?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:29 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:20 pm
Your phone will need a hard reset, possibly a factory reset then :lol:

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:30 pm

jackyuan1017 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:27 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:

Congrats! That's great relief now. So when you check online did you choose "I have a UK VI account" and input your passport number and DoB to do the check?
Thank you! No, I chose “I have a BRP” and then entered the BRP number and my DOB. The BRP I used was the one from my current Tier 2 visa.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:32 pm

jackyuan1017 wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:

You need to check using "I have a BRP". The UKVI account option seems to be linked to the EU Settlement Scheme for some reason.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:29 pm
poper wrote:
I wonder too. I'm counting down the days and hoping and praying. I'm a sleepless, nervous wreck the closer it gets 😂😂
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:29 pm
poper wrote:
Replace <phone> with <brain> :mrgreen:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jackyuan1017
Newly Registered
China

Post by jackyuan1017 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:36 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:32 pm
jackyuan1017 wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

You need to check using "I have a BRP". The UKVI account option seems to be linked to the EU Settlement Scheme for some reason.
Ah no wonder when I do that it shows there's no record of my info. Thank you!

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Congratulations — I remember you’re also a Sept SET(O) IDV only applicant... I am still waiting for mine... :(:(:( Submitted IDV on 21 September....

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:01 pm

lukeh8793 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Congratulations — I remember you’re also a Sept SET(O) IDV only applicant... I am still waiting for mine... :(:(:( Submitted IDV on 21 September....
Yours must be also very close! There were a couple of Sept applications approved last week, too. Yes, I did IDV on Sept 24.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:02 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:01 pm
lukeh8793 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Yours must be also very close! There were a couple of Sept applications approved last week, too. Yes, I did IDV on Sept 24.
I swear I was losing my mind today already, but then decided to check RTW (again, lol). I’m sure you’ll have your approval soon, maybe even this week.