ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if i lost passport?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pakstar

What if i lost passport?

Post by pakstar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:58 pm

I applied on on 22nd of july in person at homeoffice croydon, they asked me to post few more documents to decided the application, which they recieved on 24th (as on royalmail.com).

few of my letters gone missing in last week, i wanted to confirm from homeoffice if they sent me anything or not? but Homeoffice cannot give information before 14 week.

as i am expecting visa for 3 months only which makes about 12 weeks, what if after 14 weeks i come to know that my visa was sent me 2 months ago .. which i did not recieve, what is my legal position as homeoffice is not giving any information for 14 weeks and visa expires in 12 weeks.

what if after 14 weeks i come to know that i had passport sent back to me 2 months ago and according to that visa already expried 2 weeks before this information passed to me.

what can i do then?

thanks

irenej
Newly Registered

Re: What if i lost passport?

Post by irenej » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 pm

This is disheartening but you can only wait. I am on the boat as well and have been waiting for a month now. I called HO last week but a lady refused to tell me anything until 14 weeks later after my application received. Please inform me if you hear anything... I will do the same...

BTW what documents were you asked to post?

irenej
Newly Registered

Post by irenej » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 am

I got my passport back last Friday. Hope you get yours soon!

irenej
Newly Registered

Post by irenej » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:17 am

BTW I post my application on 21st July.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:00 am

Passports are normally returned by recorded delivery for the simple reason it costs so much to replace them if they get lost. Perhaps irenej could confirm she received hers by recorded delivery??

noush
Newly Registered

Post by noush » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 am

irenej wrote:This is disheartening but you can only wait. I am on the boat as well and have been waiting for a month now. I called HO last week but a lady refused to tell me anything until 14 weeks later after my application received. Please inform me if you hear anything... I will do the same...

As i have said before, it is RIDICULOUS!!! Why the hell do these heartless (brainless) idiots at the HO ask us to call back after 14 weeks when even if there ARE any developments they cant tell anything over the phone???? I sent my application back in March and apart from an acknowledgment letter saying my application was valid i have heard nothing. I called the HO 2 months ago and i said "you keep saying awaiting further consideraton. If there is any news would you be able to tell me?" and the stupid idiots said NO! So what in hell is the point of telling us not to call for 14 weeks and after that even if they have news they cant tell us!! It is madness. Its been six months now. I am still waiitng.

Good Luck everyone.

pakstar

Post by pakstar » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:47 pm

noush wrote:
irenej wrote:This is disheartening but you can only wait. I am on the boat as well and have been waiting for a month now. I called HO last week but a lady refused to tell me anything until 14 weeks later after my application received. Please inform me if you hear anything... I will do the same...

As i have said before, it is RIDICULOUS!!! Why the hell do these heartless (brainless) idiots at the HO ask us to call back after 14 weeks when even if there ARE any developments they cant tell anything over the phone???? I sent my application back in March and apart from an acknowledgment letter saying my application was valid i have heard nothing. I called the HO 2 months ago and i said "you keep saying awaiting further consideraton. If there is any news would you be able to tell me?" and the stupid idiots said NO! So what in hell is the point of telling us not to call for 14 weeks and after that even if they have news they cant tell us!! It is madness. Its been six months now. I am still waiitng.

Good Luck everyone.
Hi,
I just recieved my passport back today. took over 7 weeks to have it back.

many thanks and best luck to irenej, hope irenej will recieve passport soon also.