ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 year old and childcare

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Olaola2088
Newly Registered
Ghana

3 year old and childcare

Post by Olaola2088 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Hello,

I wonder if you could please assist me with my enquiry. I'm a permanent resident with Indefinite Leave to remain. My daughter who will be 3 year in December and her Mum (my wife) are currently on spouse and dependant visa meaning they have no recourse to public fund. I'm the only one in our household with Indefinite Leave to remain. My wife and I are both working full time.

I would like to know if I can apply for the 30 hour Free Childcare for 3 & 4 years old children for our daughter who will be 3 year old in December as both parents are currently working full time.

Would this not be counted as claiming public fund as am (father) the one with Indefinite Leave to remain.

I would very much appreciate your help with this as am a bit confused as to whether I'm eligible to apply or not.

Thank you.

Ola2020
Newly Registered
Angola

Re: 3 year old and childcare

Post by Ola2020 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm

I would very much appreciate your help with this.

Thank you.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:56 am

Ola2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Thank you.
I'm sorry that nobody has answered. I don't know, but I recall lots have asked about childcare on this board - perhaps you could look back through the pages or use the search facilites to see if one of the threads answers your question?

Olaola2088
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Olaola2088 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:46 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:56 am
Ola2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Thank you.
I'm sorry that nobody has answered. I don't know, but I recall lots have asked about childcare on this board - perhaps you could look back through the pages or use the search facilites to see if one of the threads answers your question?
Hi JB007,

Many thanks for your below response, i really appreciate it. I will continue to look for the answer.
Thank you.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Olaola2088 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:24 pm
I'm a permanent resident with Indefinite Leave to remain. My daughter who will be 3 year in December and her Mum (my wife) are currently on spouse and dependant visa meaning they have no recourse to public fund. I'm the only one in our household with Indefinite Leave to remain. My wife and I are both working full time.

I would like to know if I can apply for the 30 hour Free Childcare for 3 & 4 years old children for our daughter who will be 3 year old in December as both parents are currently working full time.
JB007 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:30 pm
Who can apply for 30 hours free childcare
You won't be eligible to apply if:

either parent has an income of more than £100,000
either parent is a non-EEA national and subject to immigration control (and has no recourse to public funds)

Read more detailed information about eligibility on GOV.UK

https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/ch ... year-olds/