ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sworn Affidavit for child birth registration after one year in HCI london

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

siva2020
Newly Registered
India

Sworn Affidavit for child birth registration after one year in HCI london

Post by siva2020 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Hello,

I've managed to book an appointment to register my child's birth in High Commission of India (HCI) London. However, as child is more than one year old, it's expected to submit a sworn affidavit stating reasons for such delay.

Anyone got experience in doing that as there seems no forms available to fill and take for appointment? Can we get such form in HCI and fill in there? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Siva

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Sworn Affidavit for child birth registration after one year in HCI london

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Not exactly an immigration matter, but
"An Affidavit is a written statement of facts that a person signs under oath."
You can write an informal statement as to the reasons for the delay, stating all the facts, take it to a commissioner for oaths, such as a notary or solicitor who must witness and sign it with you.
Ask HCI whether they have a form - I doubt they would witness it though.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

siva2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva2020 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:11 am

Many thanks for your reply @alterhase58
I'll prepare a form and go with it for the appointment. If they provide one, I'll use it. In the meantime, I'd love to hear if anyone has personal experience going through this.

giriz
Newly Registered
India

Post by giriz » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:19 pm

siva2020 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:30 pm
Hello,

I've managed to book an appointment to register my child's birth in High Commission of India (HCI) London.
Hi Siva,

Could you please let me know which link did you use to get an appointment? vfs one or the hcilondon link? also while filling the appointment details, it asks for name as per passport and passport number details. Can we give ours? (as the child obviously doesn't have one yet).

siva2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva2020 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:46 pm

giriz wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:19 pm
siva2020 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:30 pm
Hello,

I've managed to book an appointment to register my child's birth in High Commission of India (HCI) London.
Hi Siva,

Could you please let me know which link did you use to get an appointment? vfs one or the hcilondon link? also while filling the appointment details, it asks for name as per passport and passport number details. Can we give ours? (as the child obviously doesn't have one yet).
Hi giriz,

Sorry for being late to reply. I've used the link in HCI London website to book. I felt it opens one month in advance so like for Dec, I booked the same date on Nov. On the passport details, yes I've given mine. Hope that helps.

siva2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva2020 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:15 pm

*** If anyone still needs this info***
I have attended the appointment and all went well.

On the Sworn Affidavit form to be filled up and signed by both parents due to the birth registration being after 1 year, the counsellor officer provided us with a form to fill and sign in front of them by both parents.

Hope that's useful.

kpkumar
Newly Registered
India

Post by kpkumar » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi Siva2020,

I'm also in the same boat. I had submitted my baby birth registration application at Indian Consulate Edinburgh and submitted an sworn affidavit reasons for delay. They have accepted application. However, The Lady who accepted application said "They can do Birth registration once they get approval from Indian authorities"

Have they issued baby birth registration certificate immediately for your baby after a meeting?

What kind of questions asked mainly?

Thanks,
kp

siva2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva2020 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:16 pm

@kpkumar

Yes, we got the birth registered and certificate issued within the same appointment although we had to wait a bit that was ok.

I don't think any special questions asked at all. It was only verification of docs, signing the affidavit in the form provided and paying the fee.

Hope that helps.

giriz
Newly Registered
India

Post by giriz » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:59 pm

siva2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:46 pm
Hi giriz,

Sorry for being late to reply. I've used the link in HCI London website to book. I felt it opens one month in advance so like for Dec, I booked the same date on Nov. On the passport details, yes I've given mine. Hope that helps.
[/quote]

Hi Siva - no worries. Did you book the passport appointment as well?