ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student dependant - Proof of accomodation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EvaEva
Newly Registered
Brazil

Student dependant - Proof of accomodation

Post by EvaEva » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 am

Hello, first of all I want to thank everyone for the helpful advices you give.
I was granted a Student visa recently and I'm in the UK, now I want to apply for my spouse dependant visa, I will be his sponsor through the application. I am still confused as I read people to show evidence of accomodation, I do have a joint tenancy agreement, I'm I supposed to attach a tenancy agreement on my name ? Should I use the one I have and mention on covering letter that we'll find another accomodation once he gets here ? Is this even a mandatory requirement??
Anyone advices please as it is a urgent inquiry before submitting visa application ! Thank you 😊 😊

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student dependant - Proof of accomodation

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:07 pm

EvaEva wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 am
I am still confused as I read people to show evidence of accomodation, I do have a joint tenancy agreement, I'm I supposed to attach a tenancy agreement on my name ? Should I use the one I have and mention on covering letter that we'll find another accomodation once he gets here ? Is this even a mandatory requirement??
Where are you reading that a Student dependant application requires evidence of housing?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

EvaEva
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EvaEva » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:03 pm

Some solicitors advised that, and people that went through the same process. Even on one of the forums they advised to get permission from landlord + some property inspection report from council services.
I'm just scared to death to apply without any proof and get a refusal. What do you suggest according to your experience ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:08 pm

EvaEva wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:03 pm
Some solicitors advised that,
For which part of the visa eligibility did they say it is needed? The eligibility is in Appendix Student, paras ST 28.1 to ST 39.3. The only relevant part is

ST 32.5. The applicant and their partner (who must be a Student, or applying at the same time as a Student) must intend to live together throughout the applicant’s stay in the UK.

I suppose evidence of somewhere they can do that would be useful if there is any doubt about that, but the application does not specifically ask for it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.