ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip and Bank statement discrepancy

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npithia
Newly Registered

Payslip and Bank statement discrepancy

Post by npithia » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:12 am

Hi,

I am under work permit and planning to apply for Tier 1.

My current employer's payslips (last 4 months) is correct and has no problem.

My previous employer's payslip from Oct 07 - April 07 had some of the problems.

- There was little difference in payment from them and what showed in my payslip (like £5 to £6 only some months) due to outsourcing accounts section.
- Also I was paid bonus of in nov as net and was shown in my payslip as a gross in dec.
- and because I was sometimes paid in cheque and sometime in bank, there was no consitency with dates.

I have got P60 which shows how much I have earned in that year also I can receive letter from my previous employer. Is there a way i can show

I have all qualifications and can meet points easily.

Supporting evidence for qualification (My qualification does appear on calcaltor and also I have NARIC letter)
English qualification (I have letter from Bachelors university that my course was conducted in English)

I will apperciate if someone can help me to shed some light on my payslip problem.

Thanks in advance,

npithia

FLO

Post by FLO » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:31 pm

Instead of your payslip, get a letter from ur employer confirming ur gross earning and net pay each month for the period you are claiming. The net pay must reflect the exact amount that appears each month on ur bank statement. So, as evidence of past earning, employer's letter and bank statement are ok. If u are not comfortable with the bank statement, I think u can use ur tax document provided it covered the whole period.Pls, let others comment on the practicability of letter from employer and ITR.I only base my comment on what I read in the guidance policy for Tier 1. All the best.

npithia
Newly Registered

Post by npithia » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Dear FLO,

Thanks for your reply. Since in one year I am covering two employer, do you think this would be correct

Employer 1: Oct 2007 - April 2008
Evidence to send: Letter from employer + P60

Employer 2: May 2008 - Todate
Evidence: Bank statements + salary slip (These are all correct)

Do you think this will work? Many thanks for your reply and comments.

npithia

basaratsang
Newly Registered

Post by basaratsang » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:37 pm

I also got the same question.

Does the P60 + letter from my employer are acceptable?

I am very confused as P60+the letter are both from my employer? The guidance stated that two pieces evidence from two different parties.

Help please? URGENT! I am going to apply in next two weeks!!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:37 pm

By using the P60 and bank statements you get round the problem of accounting for each month by month. As long as the payments into the bank total something close to that of the net pay on the P60 you will be ok.

Minor differences will not rock the boat. Many companies have schemes where expenses are recovered from employees post net salary. Personal expenditure on a company credit card for example. This type of direct accounting will obviously reduce the amount banked compared to net salary.

No one is going to lose too much sleep as long as the declared salary level comfortably meets the criteria. It will only be a problem (that needs explained) if you are close to the limit. Remember it is the GROSS salary that matters.

basaratsang
Newly Registered

Post by basaratsang » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:15 pm

That is helpful. However, the question have not been answered yet.

Letter from employer + P60 are both from your employer.

Will they be accepted?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:13 pm

A good caseworker will NOT accept a letter and a P60 for the very reason you have pointed to - it is from the same source. That is why they want to see the bank details.

Anyone can blag a piece of letter headed paper from an employer, if they go to the trouble of having such a thing. Most have electronic letter heads so even easier to get hold of. Blank electronic P60 forms are easily bought over the internet and there is not a mandatory format for P60's so who is to know you could have made it yourself or not as the case maybe.

Hence the third party corroboration with the bank statements, which can be more readily checked if, needs be.

basaratsang
Newly Registered

Post by basaratsang » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:41 pm

That is a good point. You are right, the P60 + letter from employer or Payslips is not sufficient.

It is quite annolying. My employer paid cash to me every month. There was no transaction appeared in my bank statement.

I got a letter from the accountant showing my gross income (the accountant is from other chartered accountant company which is dealing with my previous employer's account), 12 months payslips and P60, P45. Is there any other way or other combination to show my income? Help please? many thanks.

basaratsang
Newly Registered

Post by basaratsang » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:07 pm

just found a caseworker's manual from Uk Border Agency:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rguidance/

Althrough it is for the old HSMP I dont think the evidences required for income changed. When you read the evidences require for income clearly shows that P60 donates 'tax return' and in the Annex B shows wage slips + 'tax return' will be sufficient!!!

jhp

Post by jhp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:28 am

basaratsang wrote:just found a caseworker's manual from Uk Border Agency:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rguidance/

Althrough it is for the old HSMP I dont think the evidences required for income changed. When you read the evidences require for income clearly shows that P60 donates 'tax return' and in the Annex B shows wage slips + 'tax return' will be sufficient!!!

A lot of people have got their tier1 approval by submitting payslips and P60. However they were applying for the period from April 2007 to March 2008 (exact tax year). In their cases the P60 and the total sum in the payslips matched to a penny.Sumbitting P60 for only part of the tax year might not be a satisfactory evidence.

coolwp

Help

Post by coolwp » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:43 am

Dear friends

I too have descripancies in pay slip and bank statement. Dunno, i should post my query here or should start another thread.

I am planning to submit my Indian salary slips and bank statements as earning proof. The problem is, the details on the bank statement does not says Salary word Sometimes it says 'for the month of 07' sometimes it says my company name 'XXX' will it be acceptable? though they are matching with the net amount of my Indian salary slip.

In prevoius earning section. I m also claiming point on the basis of UK salary. My employer provide me UK salary slips. He also give me some allowances to live (apart from salary in India) The problem is they transfer my Uk salary and allwances together in my bank account. so amount in the bank account is always more as mentioned in Gross salary slip. and the statement of the bank says 'xxx allowances' will this be acceptable as amount on the salary slip and bank satement never matches. and bank statement never says word 'salary'!
Members please advice.

Many thanks

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Any advice please!!!!

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:14 am

Please

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 am

Plesae advice!!

coolwp