ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jvjroop
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by jvjroop » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:54 am

bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:40 am
raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 am
bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 am
raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 am
any set O applicants still waiting who applied late OCT and early NOV ?
Mine was early Oct mate and still waiting, not knowing what is happening.
ya, unbeleivable bias, people applied in DEC getting decisions while OCT and NOV applicants, and even some september applicants waiting.
I am very keen to figure out what usually causes the delay, apart from 'a lazy case worker', by which, actually, I am not convinced. I don't think 'a lazy case worker' can delay others' application for months without being scrutinised. I am very certain that my application is classified as complex for some reason and I want to know why it was. I thought my case was straightforward, apart from changing employers and having a gap in between. Another point is my solicitor has provided extra documents I believe and home office may be doing background checks on all of them.
and some applicants said that they recieved emails asking why they havent included their dependent child in the application. i also didnot include my son on my application, i didnt receive any email as of yet which i think that they havent even looked at my application.

estuarie

Post by estuarie » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:54 am

Hi,

I'm applying for my two children. After several days of chasing for the appointments, I finally picked up a cancellation for tomorrow in London.
- Can I go to London if I live in tier 2? Will we have to self-isolate after that?
- Is there a chance to squeeze in the second child? No document checking or uploading, just the biometrics - should not take much time for both. Happy to pay for it, not so happy to make a day's trip twice with two young children.

Thanks for your thoughts

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:03 am

Travelling to a Tier 4 area from a Tier 1, 2 or 3 area
You should not travel into a Tier 4 area from another part of the UK, other than for reasons such as:

travel to work where you cannot work from home
travel to education and for caring responsibilities
to visit (including staying overnight with) those in your support bubble - or your childcare bubble for childcare
to attend hospital, GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
You should continue to practice safe behaviours on public transport:

plan ahead, check for disruption before you leave, and avoid the busiest routes, as well as busy times
avoid making unnecessary stops during your journey
avoid sharing a car with people not in your household
keep your distance from other people when you travel, where possible
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home#travel

I think you can but gov website is not clear on the subject. Also, you can only attend appointments for the ones booked. You can not squeeze any other person into the same time slot.

How did you book for one child and not the other? All the applicants in one group, book together. How come you did not book for the other child?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

estuarie

Post by estuarie » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:16 am

Thank you, Cullinan

I agree it is not clear. Further they say:

Public services
The majority of public services will continue and you will be able to leave home to visit them. These include:
the NHS and medical services like GPs and dentists. We are supporting the NHS to carry out urgent and non-urgent services safely, and it is vital anyone who thinks they need any kind of medical care comes forward and seeks help
Jobcentre Plus sites
courts and probation services
civil registrations offices
passport and visa services
services provided to victims
waste or recycling centres

However, it does not mention what happens if you leave home and travel between tiers.

The children apply under Set O as PBS dependants, both parents are already settled. I did not realise their applications could be linked. Can they?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:23 am

I think you made two different accounts for them. They can not be linked now. You could have possibly added the other child in the same account BEFORE you submitted and paid to keep them together. Now, you will have to book separate appointments through individual accounts.

Also, I would be cautious travelling to London as the situation is evolving very quick. I would suggest it is best to stay local and book locally even if you have to wait for it. Choice is yours though.

I live in London and everyone is out though!!! Lockdown only on papers!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bex654
Mood:

Post by bex654 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:46 am
bex654 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 am

Mine was early Oct mate and still waiting, not knowing what is happening.
ya, unbeleivable bias, people applied in DEC getting decisions while OCT and NOV applicants, and even some september applicants waiting.
I am very keen to figure out what usually causes the delay, apart from 'a lazy case worker', by which, actually, I am not convinced. I don't think 'a lazy case worker' can delay others' application for months without being scrutinised. I am very certain that my application is classified as complex for some reason and I want to know why it was. I thought my case was straightforward, apart from changing employers and having a gap in between. Another point is my solicitor has provided extra documents I believe and home office may be doing background checks on all of them.
bex 654, even i m thinking how they clasify and sort applications, its very unclear. i didnot provide any extra documents, i provided what is asked for. apart from that i do think it should not take longer to look into my details. i do have few things according to me if they want to check, but i also beleive they are not that important.
I read somewhere that they introduced AI system a while ago. So I think applications are sorted by algorithm based on the information we provided on the application form, unless it is classified as complex at a later stage manually.

Billy123
Newly Registered
China

Post by Billy123 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:34 am

Hi,
I have called HO helpline for several times since 10th of December for escalation. But none has contact me for supporting documents till now. I wonder does anyone actually raised their escalation successfully after calling HO helpline through compassionate ground? Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:23 pm

UKVCAS Service Point update 22/12

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Temporarily closed Service Points
Unfortunately, we have had to temporarily close the following Service Points due to a COVID-19 related issue:

Enfield
Edmonton Green
Hemel Hempstead
Peterborough
Aberdeen (closed from 27 December onwards until at least 18 January 2021)

redballoon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by redballoon » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Hello all,

I submitted my ILR(SET M) application back in September and IDV submitted in October. I have some updated details that I need to pass on to the HO and I've seen the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk mentioned here - has anyone used this to provide any additional details about their application or can advise if it's the best email to use?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:23 pm

redballoon wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:05 pm
Hello all,

I submitted my ILR(SET M) application back in September and IDV submitted in October. I have some updated details that I need to pass on to the HO and I've seen the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk mentioned here - has anyone used this to provide any additional details about their application or can advise if it's the best email to use?
That is the best you can possibly use or otherwise post to HO.

a85
India

Post by a85 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:45 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 am
any set O applicants still waiting who applied late OCT and early NOV ?
I applied early Nov (Tier 2 G Main), and still nothing! I was stupid enough to think I would celebrate christmas with ILR 😔

This is not fair, they charge us a lot , making us to wait for months without any update

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered previously but any explanation on why Set LR takes longer to process than the other ILR categories?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:34 pm

bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 am
raj_262920 wrote:
bex654 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:

bex 654, even i m thinking how they clasify and sort applications, its very unclear. i didnot provide any extra documents, i provided what is asked for. apart from that i do think it should not take longer to look into my details. i do have few things according to me if they want to check, but i also beleive they are not that important.
I read somewhere that they introduced AI system a while ago. So I think applications are sorted by algorithm based on the information we provided on the application form, unless it is classified as complex at a later stage manually.
I don't think the delays are linked to complexity. Dependants are known to show down the application a bit. Mine was a straight forward case. Took 2 months (Mid Oct application) while other cases were way faster. Could be just the way they are queued. HO used to do the same checks in an hour under Priority. A colleague had gotten an approval before reaching his home after biometrics in Feb this year.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:54 pm

mesn wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:34 pm
bex654 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 am
raj_262920 wrote:
bex654 wrote:

I don't think the delays are linked to complexity. Dependants are known to show down the application a bit. Mine was a straight forward case. Took 2 months (Mid Oct application) while other cases were way faster. Could be just the way they are queued. HO used to do the same checks in an hour under Priority. A colleague had gotten an approval before reaching his home after biometrics in Feb this year.
not sure if dependents on the application will slow down the decisions, my friend in august got decision in 2 days with 2 dependents after biometrics. i am thinking in my case, as i do have dependents, but not included them in my application for now might be delaying it, like in some cases i see they ask why isnt your dependent child not on your application?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:03 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:30 pm
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered previously but any explanation on why Set LR takes longer to process than the other ILR categories?
Nobody really knows...could be a number of reasons but I suspect it eventually comes down to resources available for, and allocated to the Set LR caseworking department(s).
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:33 am

I applied for ILR (M) on 4th September, and have heard nothing. Did what they asked and used the IDV app, and it seems like now being slowed down for having used the app they asked us to use.
So frustrating seeing ILR (O) applications made at beginning of December already approved within 3 weeks. How can they do this??
Does anyone know how recent the last ILR (M) application was approved?

harryisababy
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by harryisababy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:55 am

srd1982 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:33 am
I applied for ILR (M) on 4th September, and have heard nothing. Did what they asked and used the IDV app, and it seems like now being slowed down for having used the app they asked us to use.
So frustrating seeing ILR (O) applications made at beginning of December already approved within 3 weeks. How can they do this??
I'm on the same boat, applied on 16 Sep and used the app. My current visa expires shortly, and I mentioned this to my employer, they've requested a right to work check. I hope that will make them aware that SET (M) applicants actually need to work too!

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:28 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:03 pm
swissman20 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:30 pm
Hi all,

Nobody really knows...could be a number of reasons but I suspect it eventually comes down to resources available for, and allocated to the Set LR caseworking department(s).
Yeah could be the case, sadly we all pay the same fee and yet different processing times.

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:52 pm

harryisababy wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:55 am
srd1982 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:33 am
I'm on the same boat, applied on 16 Sep and used the app. My current visa expires shortly, and I mentioned this to my employer, they've requested a right to work check. I hope that will make them aware that SET (M) applicants actually need to work too!
Mine expired on 24th October, but my work have been fine - but following HO advice, obviously with it expired, can't leave the UK until I get a decision, or forfeit the ILR application. Can't get home to Australia.

farrahs
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by farrahs » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:32 am

Can anyone share how you can find out cancellation appointment? At the moment the only availability is only in 28 days time but I would really like to book one asap and I dont mind paying more for it. Apart from checking throughout the day and having to enter postcode+clicking on each service point, is there any way to find out if there is any appointment slot closer to today? Thank you

farrahs
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by farrahs » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:48 am

Hello, congrats on getting a cancellation slot. Would you mind sharing how you know when there is a cancellation slot? Thank you for sharing your experience :)
estuarie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:54 am
Hi,

I'm applying for my two children. After several days of chasing for the appointments, I finally picked up a cancellation for tomorrow in London.
- Can I go to London if I live in tier 2? Will we have to self-isolate after that?
- Is there a chance to squeeze in the second child? No document checking or uploading, just the biometrics - should not take much time for both. Happy to pay for it, not so happy to make a day's trip twice with two young children.

Thanks for your thoughts

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:37 am

farrahs wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:32 am
Can anyone share how you can find out cancellation appointment? At the moment the only availability is only in 28 days time but I would really like to book one asap and I dont mind paying more for it. Apart from checking throughout the day and having to enter postcode+clicking on each service point, is there any way to find out if there is any appointment slot closer to today? Thank you
Unfortunately no. There was some availability up North in Sunderland/Newcastle. One needs to keep checking. Also, easier to get 1 free slot. If you have multiple people on your applications, it needs that many free slots which makes it difficult.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

farrahs
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by farrahs » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:31 am

Thank you. I am a single applicant so hopefully I can find some cancellation.... I can see some free slots and a couple of cancellation although still in 3/4 weeks time :( Will keep checking
mesn wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:37 am
farrahs wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:32 am
Unfortunately no. There was some availability up North in Sunderland/Newcastle. One needs to keep checking. Also, easier to get 1 free slot. If you have multiple people on your applications, it needs that many free slots which makes it difficult.

jmcalla
Newly Registered

Post by jmcalla » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am

Hi everyone, I applied for my ILR Set M on 20th August, sent biometrics on 5th September (IDV App). I thought I had a very straightforward case, as in no dependants, both employed, applying in Cat D with cash savings... But still nothing! I've never received any communication either. Just thought I'd post here for other people who are in the same situation as me to see they're not alone :(

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:06 pm

jmcalla wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am
Hi everyone, I applied for my ILR Set M on 20th August, sent biometrics on 5th September (IDV App). I thought I had a very straightforward case, as in no dependants, both employed, applying in Cat D with cash savings... But still nothing! I've never received any communication either. Just thought I'd post here for other people who are in the same situation as me to see they're not alone :(
HO really need to come out and explain why they charge the same amount for all SETs, yet, timeline appears to be very different. Of course, there are going to be cases where more checks are required, but for straightforward cases like yours, there's no reason for your application to take several months when we can already see some SET O's submitted in December come through. The only thing I can think of is staffing. I submitted on 13th of Nov and enrolled biometrics 20th of Nov, I am not expecting anything soon.