ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no garda passport stamp?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

patti3367
Newly Registered
Canada

no garda passport stamp?

Post by patti3367 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:05 am

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone else has run into this ... it seems odd to me.

I just recently got approved for my Stamp 4 EUFAM for five years. I made an appointment to register with my local garda as instructed, expecting that they would stamp my passport. Instead, I arrived for my appointment, and never left the waiting room. An officer came out and asked my mailing address in addition to asking my husband for his Swedish passport. He briefly looked at the passport (never even asked to see mine), returned it and said "we don't stamp passports any more. Just go home and your card will be mailed to you in about two weeks".

Is this usual? Because it's not what I was expecting.

Stanina
Ireland

Re: no garda passport stamp?

Post by Stanina » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:29 am

I think you still need to have stamp for first time registration(or new passport) but not for renewals. Garda officer maybe was confused.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Online-R ... nglish.pdf

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:07 am

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:45 pm

Not sure was it renewal for topic starter or first registration.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Stanina wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:45 pm
Not sure was it renewal for topic starter or first registration.

The OP received a 5-year Stamp 4EUFAM, so he/she should have already got a 6-12 month temporary stamp before that. Given the delay due to COVID, I guess the OP would have first registered with the local Gardai around December 2019 - January 2020.

Zahid zahid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Zahid zahid » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:23 pm

hi,
i want to know
i renewed my stamp 4 on 8th dec 2020 got one year, as said officer did not stamp passport and returned my expired irp card as well. i want to know will each time we will be able to keep our expired irp cards? as this card will be the only proof of my current stamp in future.

and second thing all my stamps are on passport only this one is not stamped so for citizenship recoknable residence just for this one stamp i have to write to garda and request record of my stamps? or the expired irp card will be enough
thanku so much

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:30 pm

Just to add my part to this.

I recently attended my local garda station to renew my ID card as my passport was due to expire so got the remainder of my stamp and they stamped my passport with the new expiry date and said your new card will be issued by post in around two weeks.

By the sounds of it not all local garda stations are consistent with the stamping of passports .

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:33 pm

Zahid zahid wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:23 pm
hi,
i want to know
i renewed my stamp 4 on 8th dec 2020 got one year, as said officer did not stamp passport and returned my expired irp card as well. i want to know will each time we will be able to keep our expired irp cards? as this card will be the only proof of my current stamp in future.

and second thing all my stamps are on passport only this one is not stamped so for citizenship recoknable residence just for this one stamp i have to write to garda and request record of my stamps? or the expired irp card will be enough
thanku so much
I didnt get my old ID card returned at my appointment, stamped my passport with the new expiry date and just said your new card will be worth you in two weeks.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:35 pm

Wife renewal for 1G in local gardai office, no stamp and new card will arrive by post

Zahid zahid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Zahid zahid » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:04 am

Stanina wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:35 pm
Wife renewal for 1G in local gardai office, no stamp and new card will arrive by post
Stanina, when you renewed and after how many days it came in post? and did they give u back her old irp card?

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:58 am

Wife and I just renewed at local office. They took our IRP cards and didn't return them, but DID stamp passport.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Zahid zahid wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:04 am
Stanina wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:35 pm
Stanina, when you renewed and after how many days it came in post? and did they give u back her old irp card?
It didn't came yet, old card was given away.
She had some paper from gardai that her card is renewed, instead of stamp.