ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa - Accommodation permission problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

almasrii
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa - Accommodation permission problem

Post by almasrii » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Hi all,

I have seen so many great posts and wish to ask a question. I am applying for my wife's spousal visa and have gathered everything I need. However, I am having a problem with my Uncle who has a small percentage of my mother's house.

I have lived in my address for all my life and most recently lived as a sole occupant since 2017 (it's 2021 now). My home is owned by the family (mother's side); my mother (43%), grandfather (40%), and uncle (17%). My mother has given her content and a letter with it, my grandfather has passed away and I have attached a death certificate with my application. The problem is my uncle won't give his signature to me and doesn't want to provide a letter of consent for my wife to come live with me.

I asked my lawyer and she says it's fine since my mother has the greater share especially as my grandfather has passed away, but I am worried as all people say it's important to get the owner's consent. I plan on adding the house deed and house registry to the application.

My question is, do I still need my uncle's content for this accommodation requirement to be fulfilled, or is it fine due to my mother's larger share? and Could my application be rejected because of it?

Kind Regards
A

almasrii
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa - Accommodation permission problem

Post by almasrii » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 am

Anyone can help me?

be123+

Post by be123+ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:42 am

Hi

I don’t think that this is a problem. I think all you need to do is to ask your mother writing a letter, that you live in the house. It does make it some sort of agreement but put it on black and white.

I understand that as a family, you don’t do things like this but for the purpose of this. I think you need to ask your mother to basically create an agreement and explain the situation. You don’t own the house so it would be not helpful for you to explain about the shares.

In theory, your mom is the owner and she just needs to write a letter. Do you have to pay for your rent or pay the bills in the house?

If so, that would be also sort of things that have to be discussed.

Hope that helps.

almasrii
Newly Registered

Post by almasrii » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Thank you so much be123. :D

I spoke to a lawyer and they said it was fine. I have gotten my mother's approval and my grandfather's death certificate. I have lived at this address for 3 years and have shown this in my evidence.

I do not pay rent, but I do pay for the council tax and bills. I have also added this too and of course, I mentioned the house is exclusively for family and it says the same thing in my property report.

A