ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meiluo
Newly Registered
China

Supporting documents

Post by Meiluo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I have two questions re. my upcoming biometric appointment:

1. My appointment is on Tuesday 26th Jan at Reading enhanced service point. UKVCAS website states that document checking service is included in the appointment fee at any enhanced service point. Will I receive a notification from UKVCAS tomorrow (48 hours before my appointment) to inform me whether my upload is complete?

2. It seems we need to bring ALL supporting documents with us when attending the appointment. For ILR applications, there is quite a lot of digital copies eg, payslips, bank statements, employment letters etc. Do I really need to print out all of these ? Or should I just bring essential documents which need to be verified eg, passports, BRP, police certificate ?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Supporting documents

Post by poper » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:13 pm

1. No. Usually there is no notification before 48 hours.
2. No. Take essential items with you i.e passport, brp, appointment letter and other hard copies you already possess. Carry soft copies in your phone just in case. No need to print soft copies off.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Meiluo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Meiluo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:43 am

Thanks a lot! How do I know if my uploaded documents have met the criteria if they don't inform me ? :shock:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Meiluo wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:43 am
Thanks a lot! How do I know if my uploaded documents have met the criteria if they don't inform me ? :shock:
UKVCAS staff knows nothing about immigration rules. They only go by the checklist. Documents Checking Service is a waste in my opinion. However, if you have DCS service in your package, an email is usually received that all documents are uploaded and in the right categories.
Do not worry about it. As long you have uploaded your documents in whatever category you will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Meiluo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Meiluo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:58 pm

Thank you! I thought UKVCAS would email to confirm that my documents have been uploaded successfully...my appointment in on Tuesday morning and I still haven't received any confirmation :roll:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:55 pm

You might get it tomorrow i.e. a working day. Even if you do not get it, nothing to worry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.