ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Representative of overseas business ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajrk
Newly Registered
India

Representative of overseas business ILR

Post by rajrk » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi
I am a representative of an overseas business in the UK. Got my extension. Have to apply for my ILR.
I am struggling to open a bank account for the UK branch. This I think would take time. For my ILR application, I will be able to provide the bank statement from my head office which is overseas along with the invoices and all other documents. But.. is it mandatory to provide a bank statement of the UK establishment for ILR? If it is then what options do I have as many banks do not open accounts for the UK branch of an overseas company and those who do follow a very tedious process which I think will take a lot of time and I might not be able to do it before my current extension expires?
Please help advise.
Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Representative of overseas business ILR

Post by manci » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 pm

for ILR you need to provide proof that you have established a UK-registered branch that is actively trading if you’re a sole representative.

Have you seen any reference to a UK registered branch of an overseas company needing a UK bank account?

rajrk
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajrk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:39 am

Hi Manci,
Not really. I haven't seen it. From what I have read online it does not seem to be a legal requirement for an overseas company to have a UK bank account. But I wanted to know if it would be required while applying for an ILR. Especially as I have established a branch in the UK and was thinking a bank account would help? I did open a personal bank account which was straightforward and easy.
Would you know providing a bank statement of the overseas parent company would be okay? Companies House also requires me to only submit accounts of the parent company. The nature of our business is manufacturing so all payments are made directly to the parent company.
Please do let me know if you can help provide any information.
Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 pm

Please look at the detailed caseworker guidance:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf

You'll have to apply online. Start the application, it can be saved at any stage and you can return to it later. The list of mandatory documents to be submitted will be shown towards the end.

As far as I know there is no requirement for the UK branch of the overseas company to have a UK bank account

rajrk
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajrk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Appreciate your help. Thank you!