ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born Outside UK to ILR Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ram8990
Newly Registered

Child Born Outside UK to ILR Parents

Post by ram8990 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Hello,

just wondering if this forum could offer some help please on Immigration.

Me and my wife currently hold UK ILR. My wife went to India in the march 2020 and she was made to stay for longer period due to pandemic. Since she was pregnant she has to give the birth in India itself due to this issue. If she was back here then the baby would have born in the UK, then we could have directly applied for british citizenship to our baby as we both hold ILR.

But unfortunately the situation is different now since our baby was born in India. What is the best route for us to bring our baby to UK. Is the ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) is the only way or we can apply for british passport from India as well for our baby ? Please advise

Also let us know the link to correct application form on the govt website. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Born Outside UK to ILR Parents

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Is the ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) is the only way
Yes.
Or we can apply for british passport from India as well for our baby ?
Your child born abroad is NOT British so doesn't qualify for a British passport.
Also let us know the link to correct application form on the govt website
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram8990
Newly Registered

Post by ram8990 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I was going through special provisions on MN1 guide on british citizenship and it reads as follows on Page 15 :

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -Jul19.pdf

Any other child born to British or non-British parents

It is not possible to cover all circumstances under which the Home Secretary might exercise discretion in circumstances not already described in this guide. However, in considering any application not specifically covered above consideration will be given to:•the child’s connections with the UK –we would expect the child to be free of any restrictions on their stay in theUK•where the child’s future is likely toliethe parents’views•the parents’ nationality and immigration status –we expect either both parents to be British citizens or one parent a British citizen and the other parent settled in theUK•whether the child is of goodcharacter•the length of time the child has lived in the UK –we expect at least 2 years residence (particularly if the child is over the age of13)•any compellingcircumstances

using this special provision, since both the parents have ILR and we have strong ties to the UK as we are living in the UK from last 6 years, taking highlighted items into account, could we apply for british passport for our child from abroad ?

kindly advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:48 am

I think applying for entry clearance would be safest.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ram8990
Newly Registered

Post by ram8990 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Thank you for the response.

Is this is the right appendix to applyf for child ILE from abroad ? Kindly advise. Thanks.

VAF4A-Appendix2-08-18.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:37 pm

You need the online form and Appendix 1 for the child. The links are below.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577027492

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ix-1-vaf4a

Appendix 2 is for a spouse visa and not tlevant to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raaji

Post by raaji » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:05 pm

ram8990 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:05 pm
Hello,

just wondering if this forum could offer some help please on Immigration.

Me and my wife currently hold UK ILR. My wife went to India in the march 2020 and she was made to stay for longer period due to pandemic. Since she was pregnant she has to give the birth in India itself due to this issue. If she was back here then the baby would have born in the UK, then we could have directly applied for british citizenship to our baby as we both hold ILR.

But unfortunately the situation is different now since our baby was born in India. What is the best route for us to bring our baby to UK. Is the ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) is the only way or we can apply for british passport from India as well for our baby ? Please advise

Also let us know the link to correct application form on the govt website. Many thanks.
Hi
can u advise how do you process ur baby application
I am also same situation. Could you please guide me through

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:30 pm

raaji wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi
can u advise how do you process ur baby application
I am also same situation. Could you please guide me through

thank you
Please continue in your own topic you have started where Vinny provided a link with information!
Char (CR001 not Casa)