ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional Documents Requested by UKVI

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imrozanik1992
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Additional Documents Requested by UKVI

Post by imrozanik1992 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:13 pm

Dear All,

Recently I have made an application for student visa where my wife also applied as a dependent (both of us in the UK). After providing our biometrics UKVI has asked couple of additional documents which are:
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Financial evidence for my wife

UKVI's mail mentioned to send the documents by guaranteed next day delivery however they also mentioned to send response to the mail address they have given on their mail.

"We recommend that you send the requested documents by guaranteed next day delivery to ensure they arrive in time.

You must send your response to:

Sheffieldstudentteam.docrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk "

What I understood from the mail is, I need to send the additional documents the mail address UKVI has provided. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Imroz

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Additional Documents Requested by UKVI

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Hello

They made the same mistake with a friend last month. They asked him to mail the documents then they called asking to ignore the email then they sent a second email providing an email address where scanned documents should be sent.

The lady on the phone explained that prior to Covid restrictions, they would expect documents to be sent physically but now they need to be sent by email to avoid delays. But sometimes they use the wrong template when they contact people.

imrozanik1992
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by imrozanik1992 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:49 am

Thank you. Appreciate your reply.

Number-9
Newly Registered

Post by Number-9 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:52 pm

Imroz,

If I may ask, how many days did you receive email asking for additional documents after biometric appointment?

Did you receive a decision after sending them over email?

Thanks!