ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applications (5 years route) - online application and attachments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajayinmelbourne
Newly Registered
Australia

ILR applications (5 years route) - online application and attachments

Post by ajayinmelbourne » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi

I have been in the UK since January 2016 and my Bio-metric Card says my visa is effective until 25 April 2021. Initial approval for leave to remain was provided on 28 September 2018. Could I please have some guidance around the queries below?

- I can apply online anytime from now as I have been in the country for 5 years (I have been overseas a few times but never more than 3 weeks in a year).
- I have 5 different bills with addressed to both my wife and I and a few bills addressed to us individually. I am not sure if there is a size limit on uploading documents on the site?
-Do you need to attach invoices spanning 2.5 years for each provider i.e if I am providing invoices from BT as evidence of cohabitation , do i need to provide a document for each quarter from end of 2018 to 2021. The reason I ask is because I have other documents addressed to both of us and that will mean there are quite a few documents to upload on the intranet site.
-I would prefer to go down the super priority route but I believe this is not provided as an option currently, does anyone know if I can apply in the normal route and apply for super priority once it become available?

Thank you and apologies for so many questions at one go.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR applications (5 years route) - online application and attachments

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:02 pm

Are you under the family route?
• Then there is NO absence limit under family route SET(M)
• Cohabitation is only required for the last two years. Your documents do NOT need to cover every month. There are no specific rules. Just enough evidence to prove you were cohabiting.
• Priority service is not offered for the family route. You cannot expedite a standard application later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ajayinmelbourne
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ajayinmelbourne » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:25 am

Thank you Zimba.

Yes, I will be applying via the family route.

My understanding is priority /super priority was offered previously but have now stopped due to to Covid or have i got that wrong? And, if there is a possibility that it is likely to be opened up in the next few weeks, I would like to go through that than the normal route. Other than calling UKVCAS on a regular basis, is there anywhere that information is updated (about the opening of super priority/priority services)

Am I right in assuming that I can apply anytime before the expiry of the date on my biometric (as long as I have completed 5 years in the UK)?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:42 pm

ajayinmelbourne wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:25 am
Thank you Zimba.

Yes, I will be applying via the family route.

My understanding is priority /super priority was offered previously but have now stopped due to to Covid or have i got that wrong? And, if there is a possibility that it is likely to be opened up in the next few weeks, I would like to go through that than the normal route. Other than calling UKVCAS on a regular basis, is there anywhere that information is updated (about the opening of super priority/priority services)
Priority is now offered but not for family routes. No one knows when that opens
Am I right in assuming that I can apply anytime before the expiry of the date on my biometric (as long as I have completed 5 years in the UK)?
Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ajayinmelbourne
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ajayinmelbourne » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:34 pm

Thank you